300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by payniel View Post
    Good Afternoon everyone here, Ive been lurking here on this thread for a few months now researching the CBPO position and the facets of the application process. I am a June 2012 tester, who has recently gotten into the pre-employment process. I started going for southeast, but after wanting to get hired faster, switched to SWB, and got my TSL 09/12/12. Ive transmitted my Eqip and am scheduled to go the the VBT on Halloween this year, basically Ive done as much as I can to this point. I have a couple other friends who have gone through this process, and know to be very patient with DHS, but I am wondering if having previously held security clearances will help my background check move faster? My guess is yes, and I know from lurking that it is seemingly random in nature. Also, like a few others here as well, I have applied for the FBI SA listing, in which I am waiting to go to a meet and greet, as I missed the last 2 being out of town. But as I was selected as an alternate for the FBI process, the FBI could take significantly longer than CBP. If I were to EOD to CBP and then receive a firm offer from the FBI, would that be possible? I know that doing so would burn any future chance at CBP and likely DHS, but possible.

Also, any others who need help with the pft stuff and are located in West Orange county(Winter Garden/Occoe) Florida, I am in the gym and running 5 days a week for the past 3 years and always enjoy helping others succeed. PM I guess.
    Just do what you want to do when the time comes. People leave organizations all the time to further their careers. Law Enforcement is no different. People have been in their local police department academies and left in the middle for federal positions. No one faults ya for wanting to keep moving up. Shoot people flunk out all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlbertW View Post
      Same here, all for naught though! I thought it mattered, but as long as you meet the minimum it doesnt matter. 65 push ups for nothing. :\ lol
      If it makes you feel any better...those people who quit, fail out and/or injure out tend to be those people minimally prepared. Your ability to pump out 65 push-ups and all that represents might just end up being the difference between you graduating the academy...or going home having torn up your shoulder or whatnot.

Comment

• Well the check marks continue to fall....the wrong way! In addition to my BI expiring last week, I've now discovered they've not only turned that one to "pending", but additionally the pre-employment forms block has gone from "completed" to "pending". As if that wasn't bad enough, I'm unable to log in to E-QIP to update my BI forms. I tried calling the MHC number provided in the email. I got a voicemail requesting contact info. As of now, nothing! I was only given 10 days to complete everything, and was advised I couldn't connect to E-QIP for 24 hours after receipt of the email. That 24 hours expired on Saturday. That chewed up two days that I couldn't contact MHC due to it being the weekend. Through the past 4 years this has just gotten more and more screwy!

I'm about ready to throw in the towel to the whole screwed up mess! I think this week will be the deciding factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
          Well the check marks continue to fall....the wrong way! In addition to my BI expiring last week, I've now discovered they've not only turned that one to "pending", but additionally the pre-employment forms block has gone from "completed" to "pending". As if that wasn't bad enough, I'm unable to log in to E-QIP to update my BI forms. I tried calling the MHC number provided in the email. I got a voicemail requesting contact info. As of now, nothing! I was only given 10 days to complete everything, and was advised I couldn't connect to E-QIP for 24 hours after receipt of the email. That 24 hours expired on Saturday. That chewed up two days that I couldn't contact MHC due to it being the weekend. Through the past 4 years this has just gotten more and more screwy!

I'm about ready to throw in the towel to the whole screwed up mess! I think this week will be the deciding factor.
          Don't give up, let the time do the job.... Nothing else to do man...
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:12/10
          TSl: 5/11
          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
          Met BI:1/12
          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
          Qual:cleared 3/12
          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
          PFT2:
          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
            call mhc to confirm
            k, thank you!
            Last edited by Jessie_Flo; 09-25-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
              So, does anyone have any advice about this NOPA that I have to write? I have to write one detailing why I have a 5000 charge off on a car that was stolen last year..... Any advice would be great. At least I know that I passed my poly and that they are working on my BI lol.
              One. grab a copy of the police report and whatever other documentation you have regarding the auto theft.

Two, read this:

http://www.honorfirst.com/nopa.htm

Three, search here for NOPA related threads...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nopa+site%3Ahtt...lphiforums.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                Hi guys, I just received a call from MHC, the person who sent the Over Age e-mail, he said that I am ok about the age and I received the e-mail because I was closed to the age restriction, so I am still in.

I also received an e-mail from him:

"36 years, 11 months, 26 days including the end date"

So I was referred and selected prior to my 37th birthday, on May 12 2011, 5 days before of my 37.

Let see what happen now.

Good for you! I was hoping that Merlin could give some nice advice to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by helenyoung View Post
                  Good for you! I was hoping that Merlin could give some nice advice to you.
                  Merlin always have something to say. Thank you Merlin and thanks everybody here... I have still a lot to do.
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

Comment

• Any guys from El Paso? I just go an email for my scheduled polygraph but I have to go to Del Rio to do it. Did you guys also had to travel for the polygraph?

Comment

• Originally posted by itstime11121314 View Post
                      Any guys from El Paso? I just go an email for my scheduled polygraph but I have to go to Del Rio to do it. Did you guys also had to travel for the polygraph?
                      I'm not from El Paso but I has to travel an hour for my polygraph. If I'm not mistaken I have seen that someone on the forum had to fly and paid $400 to go. Hopefully yours isn't too far. Good luck! Just be honest
                      CBPO SWB
                      Application: 3/28/12
                      Exam: 4/26/12
                      NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                      TSL: 6/12/12
                      TSL2: 6/13/12
                      Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                      Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                      PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                      Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                      PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                      Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                      VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                      Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                      Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                      Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Does the Vbt and Si performrd at same time or can they be scheduled on different dates? My letter says Vbt only if i had an Si would it state that on the letter? The reason i ask is cause i had a Vbt but no Si and im confused because i thought they are done at same time. So SI is not included in VBT its a separate process, right?
                        MSP 1896

Comment

• Originally posted by Get Some View Post
                          Does the Vbt and Si performrd at same time or can they be scheduled on different dates? My letter says Vbt only if i had an Si would it state that on the letter? The reason i ask is cause i had a Vbt but no Si and im confused because i thought they are done at same time. So SI is not included in VBT its a separate process, right?
                          They ask you to wait in the lobby while they look at your video and then.... did they say something like, "thank you for coming in, you will get a letter in the mail in about "x" amount of time, good luck to you." ??
                          BPA
                          Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                          TSU: 01/03/13
                          The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                          Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                          Written Test: 04/19/12
                          NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                          TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                          Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                          Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                          PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                          Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                          VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                          Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                          Background Investigation: Completed
                          Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                          BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                          TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                            They ask you to wait in the lobby while they look at your video and then.... did they say something like, "thank you for coming in, you will get a letter in the mail in about "x" amount of time, good luck to you." ??
                            Yeah I waited and than they said I'm all set and I will get a response in 2-3 weeks? So the interview came after the vbt?
                            MSP 1896

Comment

Yeah I waited and than they said I'm all set and I will get a response in 2-3 weeks? So the interview came after the vbt?
                              The SI is always after the VBT, I cannot say that must be in the same day but usually is. I think some applicants take them in separates days. Good luck...
                              PFT2:
                              EOD:

Comment

It's supposed to be, after they check on your video, they're supposed to come out and call your name and ask you to follow them (into the interview room) and conduct the interview, sorry :S
                                BPA
                                Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                                TSU: 01/03/13

CBPO
                                Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                                Written Test: 04/19/12
                                NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                                TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                                Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                                Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                                PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                                Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                                VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                                Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                                Background Investigation: Completed
                                Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                                BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                                TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4986 users online. 237 members and 4749 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X