Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
    Meaning entering on duty prior to your 37th birthday
    Thanks, but is not EOD date, is when we receive our TSL. I jus called MHC and they said that I was selected on May 25 2011, just 8 days after I turned 37 . I will try to get a waiver. I will try it.
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:12/10
    TSl: 5/11
    Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
    Met BI:1/12
    VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
    Drug Test:04/12 Passed
    Qual:cleared 3/12
    Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
    PFT2:
    EOD:

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shark View Post
      Thanks, but is not EOD date, is when we receive our TSL. I jus called MHC and they said that I was selected on May 25 2011, just 8 days after I turned 37 . I will try to get a waiver. I will try it.
      I hope you get it. They already spent money due to their oversite. Just do yourself a favor and have someone proofread your waiver request.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
        I hope you get it. They already spent money due to their oversite. Just do yourself a favor and have someone proofread your waiver request.
        Thank you man. We usually say, "Thing happen for a reason". but sometimes we don't do enough and maybe I have to continue with this. I did my best as always so I will continue doing my best...
        Geo:SWB
        CBPO Exam:12/10
        TSl: 5/11
        Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
        Met BI:1/12
        VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
        Drug Test:04/12 Passed
        Qual:cleared 3/12
        Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
        PFT2:
        EOD:

        Comment


        • Hi guys, I just received a call from MHC, the person who sent the Over Age e-mail, he said that I am ok about the age and I received the e-mail because I was closed to the age restriction, so I am still in.

          I also received an e-mail from him:

          "36 years, 11 months, 26 days including the end date"

          So I was referred and selected prior to my 37th birthday, on May 12 2011, 5 days before of my 37.

          Let see what happen now.

          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:12/10
          TSl: 5/11
          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
          Met BI:1/12
          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
          Qual:cleared 3/12
          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
          PFT2:
          EOD:

          Comment


          • Crushed the PFT1 today. Maxed out in all categories. The proctor for it was saying that there was a whole lot of people, more than usual, being processed for the Medical and PFT in the last week or so, and more in the coming weeks.
            "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
            -Abraham Lincoln

            Comment


            • Been waiting since January 2009 and is not getting any easier.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
                Crushed the PFT1 today. Maxed out in all categories. The proctor for it was saying that there was a whole lot of people, more than usual, being processed for the Medical and PFT in the last week or so, and more in the coming weeks.
                I have mine this week also. I'm a lil nervous but confident that I will pass. Did you see other people while you were testing? Or was it done one by one?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                  I have mine this week also. I'm a lil nervous but confident that I will pass. Did you see other people while you were testing? Or was it done one by one?
                  You will do fine.
                  This PFT is the easiest PT test of all time.
                  When I took mine I was the only one and it was proctored by a physical therapy tech.

                  Comment


                  • Hello/greeting

                    Good Afternoon everyone here, Ive been lurking here on this thread for a few months now researching the CBPO position and the facets of the application process. I am a June 2012 tester, who has recently gotten into the pre-employment process. I started going for southeast, but after wanting to get hired faster, switched to SWB, and got my TSL 09/12/12. Ive transmitted my Eqip and am scheduled to go the the VBT on Halloween this year, basically Ive done as much as I can to this point. I have a couple other friends who have gone through this process, and know to be very patient with DHS, but I am wondering if having previously held security clearances will help my background check move faster? My guess is yes, and I know from lurking that it is seemingly random in nature. Also, like a few others here as well, I have applied for the FBI SA listing, in which I am waiting to go to a meet and greet, as I missed the last 2 being out of town. But as I was selected as an alternate for the FBI process, the FBI could take significantly longer than CBP. If I were to EOD to CBP and then receive a firm offer from the FBI, would that be possible? I know that doing so would burn any future chance at CBP and likely DHS, but possible.

                    Also, any others who need help with the pft stuff and are located in West Orange county(Winter Garden/Occoe) Florida, I am in the gym and running 5 days a week for the past 3 years and always enjoy helping others succeed. PM I guess.
                    CBPO:
                    Test- 05/12
                    NOR- 08/12 (95- w/5 point vet pref)
                    TSL1/2-08/12
                    PFT1/Med-09/12
                    VBT/SI-10/12
                    Poly-11/12
                    BI-12/12
                    TSU-01/24/13
                    1st "Call"-02/26/13- 30 day referral for a better selection

                    OCSO:
                    Applied- 06/12
                    PFT-07/12
                    CJBAT- 12/12
                    Panel Interview- 01/13
                    BI- in process

                    FBI
                    Phase two: probably never

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
                      Crushed the PFT1 today. Maxed out in all categories. The proctor for it was saying that there was a whole lot of people, more than usual, being processed for the Medical and PFT in the last week or so, and more in the coming weeks.
                      Same here, all for naught though! I thought it mattered, but as long as you meet the minimum it doesnt matter. 65 push ups for nothing. :\ lol
                      Geo: SWB
                      Test: 6/23/12
                      NOR: 6/27/12 - 95 -VP:0 Points
                      TSL1: 7/13/12
                      TSL2: 7/17/12
                      E-Qip submitted: 7/19/12
                      Medical & PFT1: 08/08/12
                      VBT & S.I.: 09/17/2012
                      Drug Test:
                      B.I.:
                      Forms & Qual: 10/18/2012
                      Polygraph: 10/30/2012
                      PFT2:
                      EOD:

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                        I have mine this week also. I'm a lil nervous but confident that I will pass. Did you see other people while you were testing? Or was it done one by one?
                        Don't be nervous. It's not hard to pass.
                        "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                        -Abraham Lincoln

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AlbertW View Post
                          Same here, all for naught though! I thought it mattered, but as long as you meet the minimum it doesnt matter. 65 push ups for nothing. :\ lol
                          Nice. I looked at the requirements before the test so I stopped at 50 push ups and 50 sit-ups. 13 on the side step and 21 on the lift.
                          "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                          -Abraham Lincoln

                          Comment


                          • way to go Shark, you stuck with it and didn't give up


                            Originally posted by Shark View Post
                            Hi guys, I just received a call from MHC, the person who sent the Over Age e-mail, he said that I am ok about the age and I received the e-mail because I was closed to the age restriction, so I am still in.

                            I also received an e-mail from him:

                            "36 years, 11 months, 26 days including the end date"

                            So I was referred and selected prior to my 37th birthday, on May 12 2011, 5 days before of my 37.

                            Let see what happen now.

                            CBPO
                            Geo - West Coast
                            Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                            NOR - 4/2/12
                            TSL - 6/12/12
                            PFT1 - green
                            BI -
                            Quals -
                            VBT/SI - green
                            Drug Screen - green

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by payniel View Post
                              Good Afternoon everyone here, Ive been lurking here on this thread for a few months now researching the CBPO position and the facets of the application process. I am a June 2012 tester, who has recently gotten into the pre-employment process. I started going for southeast, but after wanting to get hired faster, switched to SWB, and got my TSL 09/12/12. Ive transmitted my Eqip and am scheduled to go the the VBT on Halloween this year, basically Ive done as much as I can to this point. I have a couple other friends who have gone through this process, and know to be very patient with DHS, but I am wondering if having previously held security clearances will help my background check move faster? My guess is yes, and I know from lurking that it is seemingly random in nature. Also, like a few others here as well, I have applied for the FBI SA listing, in which I am waiting to go to a meet and greet, as I missed the last 2 being out of town. But as I was selected as an alternate for the FBI process, the FBI could take significantly longer than CBP. If I were to EOD to CBP and then receive a firm offer from the FBI, would that be possible? I know that doing so would burn any future chance at CBP and likely DHS, but possible.

                              Also, any others who need help with the pft stuff and are located in West Orange county(Winter Garden/Occoe) Florida, I am in the gym and running 5 days a week for the past 3 years and always enjoy helping others succeed. PM I guess.
                              Your prior non-CBP investigations are more or less irrelevant. An offer and EOD from CBP would not keep you from getting an offer from the FBI. If you quit CBP to go the FBI, it will not end a future with CBP, but may result in a non-selection for a few years.
                              Gek.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Shark View Post
                                Hi guys, I just received a call from MHC, the person who sent the Over Age e-mail, he said that I am ok about the age and I received the e-mail because I was closed to the age restriction, so I am still in.

                                I also received an e-mail from him:

                                "36 years, 11 months, 26 days including the end date"

                                So I was referred and selected prior to my 37th birthday, on May 12 2011, 5 days before of my 37.

                                Let see what happen now.

                                That's great news Shark. Good job sticking with it and making sure, bc that would have been a heartbreaking end to your process.
                                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                                Score:9X.XX%
                                List#2XX 5/2013

                                NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                                PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11852 users online. 421 members and 11431 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X