300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
    Well, end of the line for me. My polygraph examiner said I failed. I told the absolute truth, I feel like I've always made the right choices in life, never in trouble with the law, never involved with drugs, but apparently the machine thinks otherwise. He kept saying to me at the end something along the lines of "you have to give me something else, I know there is something else there". I politely told him there is nothing, I've told him everything, no drugs, no criminal activity. I work very hard in life, I am constantly praised at work and have always promoted quickly, I felt I would make a great officer or agent but now I'm not sure I ever want to endure another polygraph. Despite always doing the right thing in life, I left my polygraph feeling like a criminal and ashamed of myself. After thinking about it for a little while I picked my head up and held it up high, I have everything to be proud of myself for, I will still always choose to do the right thing, I will still always give 110% effort at my job and I can be proud of myself for being honest in my polygraph and acting professionally despite the outcome.

Best of luck to everyone else in this process.
    Don't give up yet, my friend took it and they said the same thing to him. He got called last January....then turned it down that's a whole other story. What I'm trying to say is the examiner isn't the final word still has to go to quality control. Hey you never know! You are right though don't ever let anybody make you feel ashamed you know you told the truth, have faith and trust that it will all work out in the end.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
      When did you take your poly? I just took mine 8 days ago so I probably should wait a little until I call Mhc. What do u think?
      Twink just a heads up, don't call MHC call IA. MHC will not know anything about the poly. You two are lucky I'm still waiting for my poly to be scheduled.
      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
        Called IA and they said I passed my polygraph. Background in adjudication now.
        That's great I'm sure when they start running classes again you will be ready to go...hopefully I can say the same about me by then too.
        List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Does anybody know if they contact every single person you list on your EQIP form used as a reference? And do they contact your old and current jobs? Anybody ever have this happen to them?

Comment

• Just an update to everyone, still waiting on my response to my NOPA that i faxed/mailed in mid May. There were discrepancies from my poly answers to my BI answers...I guesss i didn't think 3 questions through in their fullest possible and then when i thought about it over time and answered it a bit different during my poly, that made it a discrepancy (obviously), and now they want my justification for that. I'm assuming that will take another year. So, I don't plan to hear anything back until May of 2013. In the meanwhile i've been applying to local PDs and I'm positive i'll get a call back from them before that NOPA is even read down at D.C....oh well! we'll see what's in store! Hopefully CBP pulls through first!! Anyone else know of people "beating" or "justifying" or "explaining themselves well enough" to these NOPAs?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
              Does anybody know if they contact every single person you list on your EQIP form used as a reference? And do they contact your old and current jobs? Anybody ever have this happen to them?
              During 3 BP applications and my last BI for CBPO, yes, they contacted everyone I listed. They also spoke with neighbors that lived around me (who weren't listed!).

Comment

Does anybody know if they contact every single person you list on your EQIP form used as a reference? And do they contact your old and current jobs? Anybody ever have this happen to them?
                66pony is right, my investigator interviewed just about everybody listed. Including current and previous neighbors, landlords, bosses and supervisors. She also spoke to several previous co-workers. I had several investigators one in Penn, a second in long Island and a third in upstate New York. The only people the interviewer from long island didn't speak to on the equip was bc she didn't want to drive all the way to Brooklyn for the interview. She had me give her another person to interview. So if that's what's happening to you, don't worry it's the norm.
                List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• My investigator actually asked me for completely different people and called them. Only one I submitted on EQIP got called. He meets with them in person, and also talks to your neighbors. He talked to the neighbor I had listed and to another neighbor he saw outside...
                  GEO: Midwest
                  Written Exam: 12/10/10
                  NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                  TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                  VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                  PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                  Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                  BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                  Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                  Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                  Polygraph: 5/11/12
                  Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                  Met with BI: 7/27/12
                  Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                  PFT2: 9/4/12
                  EOD: 9/24/12
                  FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                    During 3 BP applications and my last BI for CBPO, yes, they contacted everyone I listed. They also spoke with neighbors that lived around me (who weren't listed!).
                    Oh great my neighbors are nosy as it is. Now they're gonna be questioning me. Hopefully they only interview people I listed cuz I do have neighbors I don't particularly care for, and would never want to see my job in the faith of their hands

Comment

Oh great my neighbors are nosy as it is. Now they're gonna be questioning me. Hopefully they only interview people I listed cuz I do have neighbors I don't particularly care for, and would never want to see my job in the faith of their hands
                      Tell your investigator about it, I told mine that my parents neighbor is not very fond of my family. She completely understood and was like hey not everybody can like you. She even told me how she had some problems with a neighbor her self. Just be upfront about everything and they really appreciate that.
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                        Tell your investigator about it, I told mine that my parents neighbor is not very fond of my family. She completely understood and was like hey not everybody can like you. She even told me how she had some problems with a neighbor her self. Just be upfront about everything and they really appreciate that.
                        Ok thanks Ill keep it in mind

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                          Hey everyone. I just found out that if you were in TSU and did not EOD by Aug1 and have not taken the poly, you will be pulled out of TSU to take a poly. So basically no one should be in TSU right now unless they took and passed poly. MHC has about 20,000 polys to do in the next 3 months bewtween CBPO and BP. Thank God i took mine already. Fer got lucky and made it in the nick of time.
                          I know huh! 3 week of pre academy here I go. :-)

Comment

• So, does anyone have any advice about this NOPA that I have to write? I have to write one detailing why I have a 5000 charge off on a car that was stolen last year..... Any advice would be great. At least I know that I passed my poly and that they are working on my BI lol.
                            Test -02 April 2012
                            NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                            TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                            Qualifications - (Pending)
                            PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                            VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                            Drug Test - (pending)
                            Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                            B.I. - In security office
                            Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                            PFT2 -
                            EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Hi, I have a question, when CBP says "referred and selected prior to your 37th birthday" is when we received TSL (Tentative Selective Letter)?

Thank you.
                              Geo:SWB
                              CBPO Exam:12/10
                              TSl: 5/11
                              Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                              Met BI:1/12
                              VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                              Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                              Qual:cleared 3/12
                              Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                              PFT2:
                              EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                                Hi, I have a question, when CBP says "referred and selected prior to your 37th birthday" is when we received TSL (Tentative Selective Letter)?

Thank you.
                                Meaning entering on duty prior to your 37th birthday

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8732 users online. 411 members and 8321 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X