Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Yesman View Post
    What happens if your in the run & during the process you turn 40, can you continue or your done?
    As long as you get your TO before you reach 37 you're good. I just EOD last week and I'm almost 39. I received my TO when I was 35. Hope this helps!!

    Comment


    • I turned 41 this summer and it's been almost 5 years in this process for me. I finished my second BI this past May and I'm still waiting. Good thing I have a decent job.
      Written Test: 3/08
      NOR: 4/08
      TO: 4/08
      Medical: 4/08
      Fitness: 6/08
      VBT: 6/08
      Met with investigator: 10/08
      Received NOPA: 11/08
      Won appeal: 3/09
      TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
      New fitness: 7/28/09
      Back in TSU: 8/3/09

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
        As long as you get your TO before you reach 37 you're good. I just EOD last week and I'm almost 39. I received my TO when I was 35. Hope this helps!!
        cajunchik is completely right. After you receive your TO you are fine, the only problem is getting old lol, that is something else, I am getting old too. I am remember when I was a young applicant...
        Geo:SWB
        CBPO Exam:12/10
        TSl: 5/11
        Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
        Met BI:1/12
        VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
        Drug Test:04/12 Passed
        Qual:cleared 3/12
        Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
        PFT2:
        EOD:

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shark View Post
          cajunchik is completely right. After you receive your TO you are fine, the only problem is getting old lol, that is something else, I am getting old too. I am remember when I was a young applicant...
          I just don't understand how some people are picked up so quickly i.e. 1 year and others like yourself have been waiting so long and some much longer.. Is there a certain priority list based on test scores, is it the background? I just don't get it.

          Comment


          • I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take to hear a response to a letter for reconsideration? I admitted that I've smoked pot in my initial application, I figured if that would have disqualified me, that i wouldn't even be allowed to take the test. I scored a 91 on the test received my TO which stated I have X number of days to submit paper work explaining the situation.

            Does the CBP have a zero tolerance policy? I've smoked less than 6 times and last time was 2 years ago and it was only 1 time. I'm more concerned with wasting my time on the polygraph and filling out all the e-quip forms for no reason than I am about being disqualified at this point because I have it in my head that I already am.

            thanks in advanced for any info!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
              I just don't understand how some people are picked up so quickly i.e. 1 year and others like yourself have been waiting so long and some much longer.. Is there a certain priority list based on test scores, is it the background? I just don't get it.
              The background, the lucky and the final destination... lol the score in some cases. I got 95 and waiting... Let me tell you, CBP is for me like a saving account, is there, but I can't count with it....
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:12/10
              TSl: 5/11
              Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
              Met BI:1/12
              VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
              Drug Test:04/12 Passed
              Qual:cleared 3/12
              Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
              PFT2:
              EOD:

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gmcnichol View Post
                I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take to hear a response to a letter for reconsideration? I admitted that I've smoked pot in my initial application, I figured if that would have disqualified me, that i wouldn't even be allowed to take the test. I scored a 91 on the test received my TO which stated I have X number of days to submit paper work explaining the situation.

                Does the CBP have a zero tolerance policy? I've smoked less than 6 times and last time was 2 years ago and it was only 1 time. I'm more concerned with wasting my time on the polygraph and filling out all the e-quip forms for no reason than I am about being disqualified at this point because I have it in my head that I already am.

                thanks in advanced for any info!
                I think nobody can say anything about time....... everything or nothing could be true...
                Geo:SWB
                CBPO Exam:12/10
                TSl: 5/11
                Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                Met BI:1/12
                VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                Qual:cleared 3/12
                Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                PFT2:
                EOD:

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Shark View Post
                  The background, the lucky and the final destination... lol the score in some cases. I got 95 and waiting... Let me tell you, CBP is for me like a saving account, is there, but I can't count with it....
                  Ya, just seems like things could be run a bit more efficiently..

                  Comment


                  • I thought I would be in CBP before my local PD, but with the way things are going I think it will be the other way around.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                      I thought I would be in CBP before my local PD, but with the way things are going I think it will be the other way around.
                      I just took a local PD's exam yesterday(killed it 95.294%,no waiting on the results either) and I have a feeling I'll get in there before CBP. I'm scheduled to take another exam in december, Im starting to feel the same about that one and I havent even taken it yet. Yes i'm probably exaggerating, but their is some truth to it.
                      Last edited by Rms16; 09-19-2012, 06:30 PM.
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

                      NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                      PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                      Comment


                      • Between the lack of budget and the fiscal cliff that is quickly approaching, along with the 1200 people that are in line for the poly, it may take some time. I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. Best thing you can do is continue to work out and see what happens in the next two months.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Walla183 View Post
                          Between the lack of budget and the fiscal cliff that is quickly approaching, along with the 1200 people that are in line for the poly, it may take some time. I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. Best thing you can do is continue to work out and see what happens in the next two months.
                          I hear that. Nashville's next police academy starts Jan 2 so Oct/Nov is critical for me. I already took the poly, but i think my background expires in november. I believe that is my 1 yr mark.
                          See what happens i guess. I am just ready to start a new career.

                          Comment


                          • Quick question, Its off topic of course but does anyone else find it nearly impossible to sign in to this site from a iMac? I can log in just fine from my PC but not my iMac!
                            Test -02 April 2012
                            NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                            TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                            Qualifications - (Pending)
                            PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                            VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                            Drug Test - (pending)
                            Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                            B.I. - In security office
                            Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                            PFT2 -
                            EOD -


                            Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                              I just took a local PD's exam yesterday(killed it 95.294%,no waiting on the results either) and I have a feeling I'll get in there before CBP. I'm scheduled to take another exam in december, Im starting to feel the same about that one and I havent even taken it yet. Yes i'm probably exaggerating, but their is some truth to it.


                              Same here, I could get out of the Army in November as planned, take the DPS (Texas State Trooper) test, poly etc and be in the first academy class that starts the New Year. Im trying to be really patient but at the same time, I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket (CBP). There is a lot of Government (non- weapon carrying) positions that I have interest in, but I do not want to start a career once I get out of the Army because I need a job, I would rather I do something that matters and something I really want to do (CBP) but its like they expect you to wait around forever!
                              Test -02 April 2012
                              NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                              TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                              Qualifications - (Pending)
                              PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                              VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                              Drug Test - (pending)
                              Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                              B.I. - In security office
                              Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                              PFT2 -
                              EOD -


                              Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                                I just took a local PD's exam yesterday(killed it 95.294%,no waiting on the results either) and I have a feeling I'll get in there before CBP. I'm scheduled to take another exam in december, Im starting to feel the same about that one and I havent even taken it yet. Yes i'm probably exaggerating, but their is some truth to it.
                                NYPD i assume. good luck, i took that test 2 years ago this month. only step i did so far was the apd-5, which is the applicant questionnaire, in March. i heard they just started processing 3 tests before me for the medical
                                Last edited by steve88; 09-19-2012, 09:29 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6259 users online. 230 members and 6029 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X