300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    I was caught in the never clearing BI... and in that time I had to redo everything else 3 times... medical recerts, PFT1's, Drug tests. 1st BI never cleared and after almost 3 years and a passed Poly they did a 2nd one...TSU for a few months before the call came in.
    I remember, i was stalking the forum for awhile when I first started reading and that was one or two months before you got the call. I remember thinking wow I hope that doesn't happen to me...Hopefully the 14 months I've waited so far for my BI doesn't go much farther.
    Last edited by Rms16; 09-12-2012, 11:45 PM.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Didn't receive the email. Hoping something didn't come up with my background and they haven't notified me yet. Based off the way the process has gone for me so far I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case. Guess I'll just continue to wait and hope for the best.
      CBPO:
      Test Date: 3/26/2012
      NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
      NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
      TSL: 4/27/2012
      PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
      Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
      VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
      Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
      Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
        Mine told me i passed but i am sure he was just messing with you. You are right though, out of our hands. i just hate the wait.
        Mnewsom, how long did it take you to get contacted for the poly?
        CBPO
        Geo Pref:Georgia
        NOR:3/07
        T.O:10/08
        1st TSU:6/09
        2nd Fitness test:11/09
        Credit pulled:4/10
        2nd TSU:5/10
        2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
        2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
        2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
        All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
          I like the way you think, always good to keep it positive! I think you're right as well. Now all I need is to take the poly and all you need is the results haha. I have a good feeling that we are next....staying positive!
          I got the e-mail too, I am one of the lucky One thousand two hundred and something.... Calling in average of 50 per month and with my luck (not enough), I will receive a call any time within the next two years... like Rms16 says Haha.... Hopefully I am wrong..

BTW, how you know that aprox. 1200 applicants received the e-mail?
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:12/10
          TSl: 5/11
          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
          Met BI:1/12
          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
          Qual:cleared 3/12
          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
          PFT2:
          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
            If you think it may be expired call MHC to find out and then request the re-certification form if it is. I know there is a specific email for medical I just don't know it, maybe someone on the forum can provide that. Definetly atleast email MHC I was able to find exactly when my medical would expire. I'm sure they can do the same for you. I fear the loop of expiring processes as well. I know Yoda had to deal with that and I'm sure it was not a pleasant experience and is probably very disheartening.
            I called the medical branch today and got clarification. The medical is actually good for two years. You have to do a recert letter after one year. If two years goes by then you do all of it again. I also told them it has been a year and requested the letter now since I am already waiting for BI to clear and they pretty much told me no. I do not think they will send until I am ready to hit TSU and then they will see it has been a year. Waste of time to me. So i guess when i hit TSU tack on another couple weeks for recert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
              I got the e-mail too, I am one of the lucky One thousand two hundred and something.... Calling in average of 50 per month and with my luck (not enough), I will receive a call any time within the next two years... like Rms16 says Haha.... Hopefully I am wrong..

BTW, how you know that aprox. 1200 applicants received the e-mail?
              The "to" bar in my email listed 3 emails and said "1204 others". When I expand it i can see all the emails that were sent.

Comment

• So since we know that roughly 1200 applicants are in the system as of right now, if half fail the poly then the pool will drop to roughly 600. I do not wish that on anyone, just being a realist. Don't take it the wrong way please.

Comment

• Originally posted by afftont View Post
                  Didn't receive the email. Hoping something didn't come up with my background and they haven't notified me yet. Based off the way the process has gone for me so far I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case. Guess I'll just continue to wait and hope for the best.
                  Did you check your spam folder or junk mail folder? Dont worry they sent out a mass email so they could have missed a few. Heck i already took the poly and got the email...lol. As long as you can still log in to CASS you are still in the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
                    Mnewsom, how long did it take you to get contacted for the poly?
                    I got TSL June 7...got called for poly July 27th i believe. Took it August 8. Keep in mind i applied during a previous announcement so much of my stuff transferred.

Comment

I called the medical branch today and got clarification. The medical is actually good for two years. You have to do a recert letter after one year. If two years goes by then you do all of it again. I also told them it has been a year and requested the letter now since I am already waiting for BI to clear and they pretty much told me no. I do not think they will send until I am ready to hit TSU and then they will see it has been a year. Waste of time to me. So i guess when i hit TSU tack on another couple weeks for recert.
                      Ya they told me the same thing, recert. after 1 year and redo the whole test after two. Hopefully we dont end up waiting so long that we have to retest I'm surprised they dont just send it out automatically. I also dont see the harm in being able to request it. You would think they would like to get that out of the way. Guess that means we can tack on another month atleast.
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

received an email that went out to roughly 1,210 applicants saying that a poly is required and await for IA to call you to schedule one. The funny thing is is that i already took one 5 weeks ago..lol The email also states that academy classes are tentatively scheduled to begin Jan 2013.
                        So it looks like this email went out to applicants that are near the Poly step of the hiring process?
                        MSP 1896

Comment

So since we know that roughly 1200 applicants are in the system as of right now, if half fail the poly then the pool will drop to roughly 600. I do not wish that on anyone, just being a realist. Don't take it the wrong way please.
                          Actually.. I will venture to say we should expect around 2/3 to fail.. That seems to be the accepted stat..

Comment

• I didn't get the email either. Maybe that means I won't have to take a poly :P Just trying to be positive here, you never know, stranger things have happened.
                            BPA
                            Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                            TSU: 01/03/13
                            The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                            Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                            Written Test: 04/19/12
                            NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                            TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                            Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                            Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                            PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                            Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                            VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                            Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                            Background Investigation: Completed
                            Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                            BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                            TSU: 12/27/12
                            The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• I reached TSU on 7/17/12 and was taken out today, I'm assuming for the polygraph. I haven't taken one but have been through 2 full background investigations. My certificate date is 10/2/08. It would seem out of all this time waiting they would've polygraphed me by now. Now I'm probably going to go to the bottom of the pile. I also haven't received the email everyone has been talking about. 1 step forward, 10 steps back.
                              CBPO
                              Geo Pref:Georgia
                              NOR:3/07
                              T.O:10/08
                              1st TSU:6/09
                              2nd Fitness test:11/09
                              Credit pulled:4/10
                              2nd TSU:5/10
                              2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                              2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                              2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                              All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• I've been following the CBPO application/hiring process since 2010...there is no rhythm or rhyme to it. Eager to get back in there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7477 users online. 402 members and 7075 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X