Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the background investigation process. It seems that earlier candidates reference having met with a BI investigator, but newer candidates do not. Is this still a step in the process?
    CBPO GS-7 SWB (female)
    Application: 3/26/12
    Exam: 4/27/12
    NOR: 5/25/12 (99, no vet)
    TSL1: 6/12/12
    TSL2: 6/13/12
    Fingerprints: 6/19/12
    Eqip: 6/21/12, followup request 7/26/12
    PFT1: 7/13/12, passed
    VBT/SI: 7/26/12, passed
    Med: 7/27/12, followup request 8/14/12, cleared 10/4/12
    Drug test: ?
    Background: Sent to security office 9/2012?
    PFT2: ?
    Polygraph: 10/26/12, notified of fail and DQ 1/5/13

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
      received an email that went out to roughly 1,210 applicants saying that a poly is required and await for IA to call you to schedule one. The funny thing is is that i already took one 5 weeks ago..lol The email also states that academy classes are tentatively scheduled to begin Jan 2013.
      Ya I got the same email, tentatively is in bold and italic haha. Well email reads to me that from now on all applicants take the poly(we already new that) also that after the poly it may take some "time" for final adjudication. So all those waiting for results after they took the poly since you haven't received notice either way the email sounds like an adjudicator is reviewing your poly and comparing to the BI. So looks like you haven't failed the poly but are still waiting for the adjudicator to clear you. Those that were told the BI is done and just need to take a poly, this email makes it seem that the adjudicator will review your BI again once they get the poly results. This is total speculation so take it for what it's worth.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by salsahigh View Post
        I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the background investigation process. It seems that earlier candidates reference having met with a BI investigator, but newer candidates do not. Is this still a step in the process?
        Yes it is still part of the process. You will meet with an investigator, it's just now you take the poly first. It definetly seems like the polygraph team is log jammed so it may take some time. From the email we all received seems like there are atleast 1210 applicants waiting for a poly.
        List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• To much fun.....lol let's see how long till IA calls etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPK9 View Post
            To much fun.....lol let's see how long till IA calls etc.
            I never received and email or a call from IA. The local Secret Service office called me and scheduled my polygraph. They called me towards the end of July and I took it August 8th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
              Ya I got the same email, tentatively is in bold and italic haha. Well email reads to me that from now on all applicants take the poly(we already new that) also that after the poly it may take some "time" for final adjudication. So all those waiting for results after they took the poly since you haven't received notice either way the email sounds like an adjudicator is reviewing your poly and comparing to the BI. So looks like you haven't failed the poly but are still waiting for the adjudicator to clear you. Those that were told the BI is done and just need to take a poly, this email makes it seem that the adjudicator will review your BI again once they get the poly results. This is total speculation so take it for what it's worth.
              I wish they would extend these expirations then like medical and background. If there is no Academy until Jan then people could have things expire while waiting and just keep getting caught in a loop of expiring processes and trying to get cleared once again. I think my medical might be expired now. I wish they would send that paper since I have to wait anyway. But I am sure that they will not send it until they review everything heading into TSU. This process is nerve racking.

Comment

Ya know with backwards planning, it is not as bad as it sounds. IF academy starts in January, you would EOD December at the latest, and get called end of Oct/beginning of Nov at the latest since you have to take PFT2 30 days from EOD. Pre-academy is a minimum of 3-4 weeks. I bet calls start going out again mid oct for the new fiscal year. I am thinking positive.

Comment

I wish they would extend these expirations then like medical and background. If there is no Academy until Jan then people could have things expire while waiting and just keep getting caught in a loop of expiring processes and trying to get cleared once again. I think my medical might be expired now. I wish they would send that paper since I have to wait anyway. But I am sure that they will not send it until they review everything heading into TSU. This process is nerve racking.
                  If you think it may be expired call MHC to find out and then request the re-certification form if it is. I know there is a specific email for medical I just don't know it, maybe someone on the forum can provide that. Definetly atleast email MHC I was able to find exactly when my medical would expire. I'm sure they can do the same for you. I fear the loop of expiring processes as well. I know Yoda had to deal with that and I'm sure it was not a pleasant experience and is probably very disheartening.
                  Last edited by Rms16; 09-12-2012, 07:09 PM.
                  List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

Ya know with backwards planning, it is not as bad as it sounds. IF academy starts in January, you would EOD December at the latest, and get called end of Oct/beginning of Nov at the latest since you have to take PFT2 30 days from EOD. Pre-academy is a minimum of 3-4 weeks. I bet calls start going out again mid oct for the new fiscal year. I am thinking positive.
                    I like the way you think, always good to keep it positive! I think you're right as well. Now all I need is to take the poly and all you need is the results haha. I have a good feeling that we are next....staying positive!
                    List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

If you think it may be expired call MHC to find out and then request the re-certification form if it is. I know there is a specific email for medical I just don't know it, maybe someone on the forum can provide that. Definetly atleast email MHC I was able to find exactly when my medical would expire. I'm sure they can do the same for you. I fear the loop of expiring processes as well. I know Yoda had to deal with that and I'm sure it was not a pleasant experience and is probably very disheartening.
                      I was caught in the never clearing BI... and in that time I had to redo everything else 3 times... medical recerts, PFT1's, Drug tests. 1st BI never cleared and after almost 3 years and a passed Poly they did a 2nd one...TSU for a few months before the call came in.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

I'm sorry man i know thats a let down. Especially since you waited so long. Try getting your name on some other lists and one will come through. Its almost like a numbers game the more apps the better. Thats what I'm doing, I realized after almost two years that you need to have a couple apps working at the same time. My top choice is CBP but at this point i'll take who ever calls first. Just wish i hadn't waited so long to come to this decision. I was wondering when you finished the poly did they tell you if you passed or failed?

i took the poly 2 times..
                        first was on May then retest on June .. both times he told me i failed and want me to commit that i lied on something..

i believe being a bilingual and English is not my first language caz me to fail the poly both times caz on every question i have to think in my own language first before i answer no matter how easy to question was

Comment

• For the ones who have taken the poly, did your tester give you your results or at least his opinion on whether or not you passed the test? I understand that it has to go thru a panel before you get the final word but has anyone experience supposedly passing the poly and the panel denied it? Just wondering what the difference is with the agents conclusion vs the panel. Thanks
                          I took mine today and was told I passed it was definitely an experience! Good luck to everyone!!!
                          CBPO SWB
                          Application: 3/28/12
                          Exam: 4/26/12
                          NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                          TSL: 6/12/12
                          TSL2: 6/13/12
                          Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                          Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                          PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                          Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                          PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                          Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                          VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                          Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                          Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                          Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
                            i took the poly 2 times..
                            first was on May then retest on June .. both times he told me i failed and want me to commit that i lied on something..

i believe being a bilingual and English is not my first language caz me to fail the poly both times caz on every question i have to think in my own language first before i answer no matter how easy to question was
                            Bilingual means that you master 2 languages... If you have to think in your 1st language to translate, then you are proficient but not bilingual. With that said the poly does not detect your thinking, but does detect increased heart rate and certain biological reactions linked to deception. I'm not implying that you lied, the box is by far a certifiable test, but you might have been stressed going into it... Sometimes your worst enemy is your own self.

A retest is given to those that come out inconclusive, and if you fail to come out truthful on the second try you are done. You might want to shoot for other agencies and see where that leads you, you never know what is in your future...

Best of Luck!
                            Last edited by yoda; 09-14-2012, 08:20 AM.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
                              For the ones who have taken the poly, did your tester give you your results or at least his opinion on whether or not you passed the test? I understand that it has to go thru a panel before you get the final word but has anyone experience supposedly passing the poly and the panel denied it? Just wondering what the difference is with the agents conclusion vs the panel. Thanks
                              I took mine today and was told I passed it was definitely an experience! Good luck to everyone!!!
                              My examiner told me i passed also.

Comment

• anyone having problems editing their signature? I have tried on two different OS and i cannot edit signature.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11379 users online. 414 members and 10965 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X