300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ajasso76 View Post
    Hey, guys just out of curiosity, does anyone here know of someone being offered a second shot at the PFT2? Again, I'm just wondering. I know my ship sailed two weeks ago when I failed the run, but I'm hoping a rescue raft will drift by. :-)
    Can I get my first shot before you get a second shot ...but seriously i do not think so. Think you have to reapply when next announcement opens...the good news is most of the stuff you did will transfer. Don't take my word for gold, you can probably look it up online somewhere. The info they send us says if you fail the PFT2 your hiring process is terminated.

Comment

• Took my PFT1 and did med today. PFT1 was about the easiest PT test I have ever done in my life. My time line so far looks like this:
      Exam: July 23 2012
      NOR: 8/1/12: 102 W/vet
      TSL 1: 8/14/2012
      TSL 2: 8/16/2012
      Submitted SF86: 8/16/12
      Medical: 9/7/12
      PFT1: 9/7/12
      VBT/SI: Scheduled for 9/19/12

Comment

• Hi I have a question, I'm very advanced in the hiring process as CBPO applicant, I have done everything the only remaining issues that I have is a NOPA from my background investigation and waiting for a polygraph. I just received the TSL1 from Border Patrol, I send it back with all my qualifications. Now I got an email from them saying that from my medical exams I did not meet the visual requirements for the BP position. I wanted to know if CBPO medical exam (passed) that I took is share with BP as well other parts of the hiring process?? . I checked the Central Self-Service for BP and shows green in a drug test (I took the drug test as a CBPO applicant) and also shows BI: In the security office(Also turned that in as a CBPO applicant). If anyone can help me find out if CBPO hiring process share the same results with BP and visa versa since both are under the Department of Homeland Security??.

Comment

• I too am a CBP and BP cannidate since 2010, your BI/polly(if you had taken one); Drug test and Equip info. are only things that transfer. The PT1, and Med. doesn't

Comment

Hey, guys just out of curiosity, does anyone here know of someone being offered a second shot at the PFT2? Again, I'm just wondering. I know my ship sailed two weeks ago when I failed the run, but I'm hoping a rescue raft will drift by. :-)
            Look at my post the page before this one. I spoke to the pft2 person for a long time getting answers for you guys so hopefully it helps you!! good luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lisaluv006 View Post
              I too am a CBP and BP cannidate since 2010, your BI/polly(if you had taken one); Drug test and Equip info. are only things that transfer. The PT1, and Med. doesn't
              Actually medical does transfer over, PFT's and Interview are the only things that do not, everything else is concurrent. I also just received my TSL for BP 2 weeks ago, I tested August 2011 and my Medical now turned green check mark.
              BPA
              Applied (CA): 08/02/11
              TSU: 01/03/13
              The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
              Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
              Written Test: 04/19/12
              NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
              TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
              Pre-Employment forms: Completed
              Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
              PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
              Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
              VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
              Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
              Background Investigation: Completed
              Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
              BI Meeting: 12/20/12
              TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprawl23 View Post
                Hi I have a question, I'm very advanced in the hiring process as CBPO applicant, I have done everything the only remaining issues that I have is a NOPA from my background investigation and waiting for a polygraph. I just received the TSL1 from Border Patrol, I send it back with all my qualifications. Now I got an email from them saying that from my medical exams I did not meet the visual requirements for the BP position. I wanted to know if CBPO medical exam (passed) that I took is share with BP as well other parts of the hiring process?? . I checked the Central Self-Service for BP and shows green in a drug test (I took the drug test as a CBPO applicant) and also shows BI: In the security office(Also turned that in as a CBPO applicant). If anyone can help me find out if CBPO hiring process share the same results with BP and visa versa since both are under the Department of Homeland Security??.
                They more than likely did transfer it over but remember that CBP and BP have differrent requirements, that's why they have different PFT's and interviews. So for CBP, your vision must be good enough or okay enough for them but not for BP, they might require better vision. I would call the medical department at MHC and ask about a retest or something, I have seen people post before that they send in some form that has an updated vision test, for example when they don't agree with the results or when the nurse rights something down incorrectly, etc.
                BPA
                Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                TSU: 01/03/13

CBPO
                Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                Written Test: 04/19/12
                NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                Background Investigation: Completed
                Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• Thanks for your response, I know now they have different standards for vision requirements and now I know they carry some of the steps over in the hiring process for both agencies. When I took the eye exam I really didn't understand the nurse what she was asking to see some shade it dots in some circles, I didn't answer right not because I couldn't see but because I didn't understand. So now Im going to get a retest to eye care professional that know what they are doing which is great. Last time I took an eye exam was before the mandatory medical for CBPO and had 20/60 right eye and left eye 20/30 uncorrected far sighted and 20/20 both eyes corrected, I have no problems near sighted. So hoping to get the same results with the new test. Once again thank you for your response!

Comment

• Thinking back on it now, I think your correct. It was soooooo long ago, I have lost track.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMU09 View Post
                      This was the response that CBP sent me when I inquired about where I was at in the process:
                      "Your documents have been uploaded to your application. You are active in the inventory for future selections. Check your email regularly to see if we have sent you any updates or if you have received a Tentative Selection.

The Southwest Border will be the main focus for the remainder of this fiscal year."

Thanks, but I didn't think asking a question about the timeline on officer.com was out of bounds.

Thanks for the advice. I've got my SF-86 stored in my safe from when I got my T.S. in April, and at 26 years old, I think I could still step on a college football field and school some youngin's 4 years removed from graduation! I'll be ready.

Would your advice be to stick with SE and bide my time? I have a pretty well paying job, but I absolutely hate it. Not sure if I can hold steady at my desk job for 4 more years. I'd be taking a significant pay decrease by leaving where I'm at for CBP, but I'd rather do something I love for less than be unhappy with a pile of cash. I guess I'll just keep churning out other applications while I wait.

Edit: Pardon my ignorance, but what are the TSL's everyone keeps talking about?
                      Double Edit: I'm assuming TSL is Tentative Selection Letter?
                      Its up to you...This process can last between 6 months to 4 yrs after you receive a TSL..Honestly I would give it a few months to see if you receive a TSL for the Southeast. Set a cutoff date in your head that if i do not get a TSL by this date then switch to Southwest border. I almost switched but received a TSL a few days before my personal cutoff date. If you are single the move to SWB might not be so bad. If you have a family they may not like it. My wife is from South Carolina and really likes to be around her family. We lived in Sierra Vista, AZ a few years while I was in the Army and she hated it. With SWB you can get near San Diego and El Paso, or you can get a dust bowl where the insects outnumber humans. Thats the stuff you need to soul search about. You also pay for your own move. Good luck to you and just do your research and see what is best for your situation. You may hate your job, but you will still be doing it even if you switch to SWB cause that process can drag out as well.

Comment

• Do you guys think CBP will go through your facebook page as a part of your background?

Comment

A girl that used to come on here got a second shot about 9 months after failing her initial PFT2.
                          Unfortunately, I have no idea how she did it.
                          CBPO
                          TO:04/01/11
                          EOD: 08/22/11
                          FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                            Do you guys think CBP will go through your facebook page as a part of your background?
                            anything thats public is free game. a few people in academy now that I know have deleted their facebook pages. if you have one just make sure there's nothing derogatory and keep it clean. no pictures of getting drunk and doing dumb things basically.
                            CBPO
                            GEO Pref: SWB
                            App Date: 8/2/11
                            Written Exam: 9/1/11
                            NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                            TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                            E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                            SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                            PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                            Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                            BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                            VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                            DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                            Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                            Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                            PFT2: 3/16/12
                            EOD: 4/9/12
                            FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• HI guys, looks like everyone has had different issues and experiences w/ poly. I took mine about three weeks ago and he was actually pretty professional. He wasn't rude or short with me, but stated a thousand times to be truthful with him. I showed "sensitivity" to being truthful, and was just at the border of needing a reexamination, but he recommended that I don't need it. I have a question to anyone in this process or that may know.....after this poly, if I pass it, how long could it take until I get the call?. I have passed everything and the only thing pending is my background, which has been in the security office about 2 months. I selected SWB so I am looking to see how much longer this may take. I took my test July last year and we're approaching 2013. Any ideas? Thanks everyone

Comment

• We're in the same boat. Just waiting for a call. Have you heard how long it can take for SWB w/ just background pending? I applied 05/11 and we're approaching 2013 now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10783 users online. 384 members and 10399 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X