300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
    yeah, I don't get home from work until 6:30ish and by the time I hit the track at 7:00... I only have about 30 minutes of daylight left, which sucks, but then I head to the gym afterward and lift weights, I've been thinking that maybe I should start swimming too, might make me a better runner.
    That FBI fitness grading scale is no joke. I can run a 1.5 in 11:30, but that is only 3 out of 10 points for the FBI...thats about the max i can do..i sprinted the 300 meter for MNPD in 48 seconds and that is 1 point for the FBI. I could probably go a bit faster but not much. I do the 220 yards in 38 seconds for the CBP test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
      So..... Are you guys planning to participate in any Olympic games??? Dude... I don't want to run with you... I'll watch your backs...
      User is practicing for the FBI fitness test. It is no joke. The faster you run the more points you get. Its not like CBP. An 11:30 1.5 mile is only 3 out of 10 points for the FBI. You have to score a minimum of 12 points with at least 1 point in each event...4 events

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
        So..... Are you guys planning to participate in any Olympic games??? Dude... I don't want to run with you... I'll watch your backs...
        Haha Shark you're talking to a guy who 4 years ago was almost 40 pounds over weight a smoker and i ate fast food 3 to 5 times a week. Being able to run the 1.5 in 10:33 still blows my mind!! I quit smoking and started to hit the gym. I've worked hard to get here. You know what shark if you watch my back im good with that so long as we get an EOD....sooner rather then later.
        Last edited by Rms16; 09-07-2012, 08:59 AM.
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
          User is practicing for the FBI fitness test. It is no joke. The faster you run the more points you get. Its not like CBP. An 11:30 1.5 mile is only 3 out of 10 points for the FBI. You have to score a minimum of 12 points with at least 1 point in each event...4 events
          OOOOK!!! I see now. I think that we will need some FBI agents at the border.... these guys are fast...lol

Nice!!
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:12/10
          TSl: 5/11
          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
          Met BI:1/12
          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
          Qual:cleared 3/12
          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
          PFT2:
          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
            Haha Shark you're talking to a guy who 4 years ago was almost 40 pounds over weight a smoker and i ate fast food 3 to 5 times a week. Being able to run the 1.5 in 10:33 still blows my mind!! I quit smoking and started to hit the gym. I've worked hard to get here. You know what shark if you watch my back im good with that so long as we get an EOD....sooner rather then later.
            Haha, good job Rms16. As I said before, my best time was 13:30 but for sure on PFT2 day I will do it in less time... one day man one day..... Incredible, almost 2 years after our application.....
            CBPO Exam:12/10
            TSl: 5/11
            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
            Met BI:1/12
            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
            Qual:cleared 3/12
            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
              So how many points is 9 min in the 1.5

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                So how many points is 9 min in the 1.5
                For your speed....9 to 9:19 is nine points....8:59 and below is the max 10 points.

Comment

• This question has probably been answered already but, for the sake of saving me a large amount of time searching, can somebody tell me if your test score for CBPO also be applied to a future BPA opening?
                  CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                  TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                  Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                  VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                  Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                  Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                  Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                  BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                  TSU: 3/28/13
                  EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                  FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                    This question has probably been answered already but, for the sake of saving me a large amount of time searching, can somebody tell me if your test score for CBPO also be applied to a future BPA opening?
                    No cbpo and bpa have separate tests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                      I picture mine sitting on a desk pushed aside collecting dust. When they first started my BI they were actually told to give priority (my guess to easy BI's) first and set aside other more difficult BI's till later and I am 100% sure mine was the latter. I was very honest on my equip and named many family members living in foreign counrtries. I maybe have contact with them once a year through email, but I didn't want to take any chances so I named everybody. Hindsight maybe I shouldn't have, but atleast now I know that I was truthful and revealed everything. You have no idea how frustrating it can be to see so many fly through the process and I'm stuck at the great wall of BI. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for everybody that gets through bc I know how much a Leo job means to me and I'm sure it means just as much to everybody else. Although I would just love it if god and IA/MHC can just cut me a break and just call me with an EOD. I know I'll make a great officer, if they would call me I could show them.

I can totally relate. I think I might being held up because my inlaws are from out of country.. yay.. It just seems that it wouldn't really take so long to perform one of these things.. quick credit check / criminal hx, check references, and be done.. but like we both think.. It is likely they are looking at simple backgrounds and going for those first to keep up with the demand of filling classes.. they probably look at ours and are like.. naaa.. I'll get to that when things slow down.. lol.. I hope not though but it is after all.. the federal govt

Comment

• Originally posted by Unite View Post
                        No cbpo and bpa have separate tests.
                        Thank you

Comment

• Does CBPO offer tuition reimbursement?

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                            Does CBPO offer tuition reimbursement?
                            Yes

Comment

• Yeah practicing for the FBI fitness is tough, I might as well be practicing for the Olympics lol and it's all good, because which ever academy I end up at, I am going to tear it up and make some heads spin
                              BPA
                              Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                              TSU: 01/03/13
                              The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                              Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                              Written Test: 04/19/12
                              NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                              TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                              Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                              Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                              PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                              Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                              VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                              Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                              Background Investigation: Completed
                              Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                              BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                              TSU: 12/27/12
                              The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Hey, guys just out of curiosity, does anyone here know of someone being offered a second shot at the PFT2? Again, I'm just wondering. I know my ship sailed two weeks ago when I failed the run, but I'm hoping a rescue raft will drift by. :-)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8753 users online. 373 members and 8380 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X