Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have yet to receive my TSL for the SWB and I tested in March! I got a 82 on the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELAW25 View Post
      Have yet to receive my TSL for the SWB and I tested in March! I got a 82 on the test.
      That's strange I got the same score, tested in march and my geo is SWB. Im well into the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
        I have my 1.5 mile down to 12:21, I am trying to get it to 10:30 and right now I am sprinting 300 meters instead, but the 300 at 40 seconds.
        Nice! Last time I ran outdoors and tracked myself I actually did 1.5 in 10:33. That was last month i believe. I do run at the gym about 4 to 5 days a week. 300 in 40 is nice though, I haven't timed myself yet on a sprint. I know I should but i spend so much time at the gym i just don't have time to hit a track.
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I am wondering, given the random order and pace at which people seem to be moving, does the test results play in to this process at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
            Yes, it is nuts.. It is all pretty much luck of the draw in many ways from what I have heard from the center. Some BI do their work quickly and some obviously, not so much. Unfortunately, I think mine found the latter stack.. I just keep picturing these stacks of paperwork being distributed and mine is sitting on the desk of "that guy" that spends a lot of time doing "other" things.. lol what a nightmare.. and then to see people who have tested in like frieking April or June 2012 to be as far if not further along in the process than some of us more "seasoned" bloggers.. lol.. freaking hilarious! I still haven't even had my poly.. nuts! The only thing that brings me any comfort is seeing that some of you started this process like a half of year before me.. but then again.. it is disturbing as well.. I start wondering why ya'll are taking so long as well.. have you been black balled or something..ticked off the wrong person at MHC during one of your inquireries.. lol.. ?? Bad luck.. or just low demand for your region.. who knows
            I picture mine sitting on a desk pushed aside collecting dust. When they first started my BI they were actually told to give priority (my guess to easy BI's) first and set aside other more difficult BI's till later and I am 100% sure mine was the latter. I was very honest on my equip and named many family members living in foreign counrtries. I maybe have contact with them once a year through email, but I didn't want to take any chances so I named everybody. Hindsight maybe I shouldn't have, but atleast now I know that I was truthful and revealed everything. You have no idea how frustrating it can be to see so many fly through the process and I'm stuck at the great wall of BI. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for everybody that gets through bc I know how much a Leo job means to me and I'm sure it means just as much to everybody else. Although I would just love it if god and IA/MHC can just cut me a break and just call me with an EOD. I know I'll make a great officer, if they would call me I could show them.
            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
            Score:9X.XX%
            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaBullets View Post
              I am wondering, given the random order and pace at which people seem to be moving, does the test results play in to this process at all?
              They do and they don't. If you chose the SWB, a high score won't really help you in any way, shape, or form. Once offered a TSL, you are treated with exactly the same priority as every other applicant in your geo region. If you chose a geo preference other than the SWB, it could be the difference between receiving a TSL and not receiving one.

For the Northeast region I believe the cutoff for receiving a TSL for my announcement was somewhere in the mid 90s. A friend of mine who also applied and scored a 95 has been one step ahead of me through the whole process despite me scoring 5 points higher so in essence, once a TSL is awarded scores don't really mean anything.

Comment

• So what is the difference between applying with CBPO and the BPA?

Comment

• Originally posted by robbied11 View Post
                  So what is the difference between applying with CBPO and the BPA?
                  They are two fairly different jobs. I would recommend heading over to CBP.gov and reading/learning as much as you can about both positions if interested.

As for the hiring process for both, they do share specific parts of the hiring process. Medical, background investigation, and polygraph are the same for both processes and are interchangeable. The PFT1 and PFT2 are different for both; CBPO has a Video Based Test (Interview) and a Structured Interview while Border Patrol Agent has an oral board interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                    Nice! Last time I ran outdoors and tracked myself I actually did 1.5 in 10:33. That was last month i believe. I do run at the gym about 4 to 5 days a week. 300 in 40 is nice though, I haven't timed myself yet on a sprint. I know I should but i spend so much time at the gym i just don't have time to hit a track.
                    yeah, I don't get home from work until 6:30ish and by the time I hit the track at 7:00... I only have about 30 minutes of daylight left, which sucks, but then I head to the gym afterward and lift weights, I've been thinking that maybe I should start swimming too, might make me a better runner.
                    BPA
                    Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                    TSU: 01/03/13
                    The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                    Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                    Written Test: 04/19/12
                    NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                    TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                    Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                    Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                    PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                    Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                    VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                    Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                    Background Investigation: Completed
                    Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                    BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                    TSU: 12/27/12
                    The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Originally posted by robbied11 View Post
                      So what is the difference between applying with CBPO and the BPA?
                      Watch border wars on Monday night and you will see first hand what the difference is. BPA is in the green and CBPO are the blue guys. Keep in mind for CBPO that is the SWB region. Much different than say the southeast or northwest.

Comment

• This was the response that CBP sent me when I inquired about where I was at in the process:
                        "Your documents have been uploaded to your application. You are active in the inventory for future selections. Check your email regularly to see if we have sent you any updates or if you have received a Tentative Selection.

The Southwest Border will be the main focus for the remainder of this fiscal year."

Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        You need to slow your roll...
                        You applied to a region where they aren't currently hiring in mass... You can't expect your process to go as quickly as the other SWB candidates are/will go. A score of 90 is not bad and will eventually yield a TO/TSL but it won't be in a matter of a few weeks from your NOR. Took me 4 years from testing to final offer (the call)... Patience is a virtue and your best ally with this process.

Best of Luck!
                        Thanks, but I didn't think asking a question about the timeline on officer.com was out of bounds.

Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                        I got my NOR April 4, 2012..scored a 99...received TSL June 7, 2012...SouthEast also. They go by score order for TSLs. The SouthEast doesnt have as many slots as SWB..The good thing going for you is that they closed the announcement so no one else is testing. Also many people are impatient and switch to SWB. The job will catch up to you eventually. This requires lots and lots of patience. The best thing you can do is to work out so the fitness tests do not sneak up on you and go ahead and get the names, addresses, phone numbers of references, family members, previous employers, etc....because when and if you finally get a TSL you will have to fill out and submit your background electronically and only have like 7 days to do it. This forum is pretty good for info but you cannot compare your progress with someone else. That is where many people make their mistake.
                        Thanks for the advice. I've got my SF-86 stored in my safe from when I got my T.S. in April, and at 26 years old, I think I could still step on a college football field and school some youngin's 4 years removed from graduation! I'll be ready.

Would your advice be to stick with SE and bide my time? I have a pretty well paying job, but I absolutely hate it. Not sure if I can hold steady at my desk job for 4 more years. I'd be taking a significant pay decrease by leaving where I'm at for CBP, but I'd rather do something I love for less than be unhappy with a pile of cash. I guess I'll just keep churning out other applications while I wait.

Edit: Pardon my ignorance, but what are the TSL's everyone keeps talking about?
                        Double Edit: I'm assuming TSL is Tentative Selection Letter?
                        Last edited by JMU09; 09-06-2012, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                          Mpdcjock, seems like you were not giving yourself enough credit before the test.
                          Thanks a lot buddy!

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                            Now that i think about it, maybe it went pending because they wanted you to take a poly. did you ever get offered an EOD or did you just sit in TSU?
                            I just sat is TSU very frustrating, my CASS just said referred to scheduling EOD for about 9 months then my CASS screen changed to all the check mark section again and background back to pending. but i completed my poly which i am very excited about, hopefully i dont have much left. The poly wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be. In my opinion going in not knowing about it and not reading horror stories about it is the best way. To all of you who havn't taken it yet just tell the truth and before the poly clear up any doubts you think you might have because one you start the poly you cant go back and change your answers.
                            BPA
                            GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
                            WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
                            TSL:12/10-Check
                            ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
                            MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
                            BI:8/11-Check
                            DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
                            POLY:9/5/12-Check
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

Comment

• Hey everyone!! I might be late with some of these answers due to a little hurricane that passed through my town but here goes:

Someone asked about being able to retake the PFT2 test if you failed it. BP started about 3 months ago to allow retesting 30-90 days after the first failed test. That being said, CBP has just started doing the same if and only if you are in a high demand area. I would call the pft2 scheduling and let them know you are still interested in the position. If they are looking to fill spots they will go through the failed roster and if all of your testing is current and you are in the high demand area than you should get another call. I would recommend not failing the first time but there is a retake option. I would stay in shape!

About the poly- as of August 1, 2012 everyone will be required to take the poly. I didnt have to take it and I was called right after that date but was told that they were trying to fill class spots therefore I missed that lovely part of the process!!

I hope this helps some of you!!
                              Last edited by cajunchik; 09-07-2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                                yeah, I don't get home from work until 6:30ish and by the time I hit the track at 7:00... I only have about 30 minutes of daylight left, which sucks, but then I head to the gym afterward and lift weights, I've been thinking that maybe I should start swimming too, might make me a better runner.
                                So..... Are you guys planning to participate in any Olympic games??? Dude... I don't want to run with you... I'll watch your backs...
                                Geo:SWB
                                CBPO Exam:12/10
                                TSl: 5/11
                                Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                                Met BI:1/12
                                VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                                Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                                Qual:cleared 3/12
                                Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                                PFT2:
                                EOD:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7060 users online. 351 members and 6709 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X