Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello, first time posting i have been following this thread and there is alot of great info just wanted to say thanks. Well I finally took my poly today i was told i passed, took almost a year to get in scheduled after my drug test. Which brings me to my question my BI was completed August 2011 and cleared and showed completed on CASS by Sep 2011 then after my drug test was completed OCT 2011 my CASS said I was scheduling EOD then my background went back to pending after 9 months of being completed. I then completed my poly today, glad that is over with. does this sound normal should i be worried my BI is still pending? and does the process move quickly from here or another 8-12 months wait? Thanks
    BPA
    GEO:SOUTHWEST/Tucson Sector
    WRITTEN EXAM:10/10-Check
    TSL:12/10-Check
    ORAL BOARD:1/11-Check
    MEDICAL, PFT1:5/11-Check
    BI:8/11-Check
    DRUG TEST:10/11-Check
    POLY:9/5/12-Check
    PFT2:
    EOD:

    Comment


    • Hey guys, me again. Regarding my failed poly I had a question. I told my examiner that the reason I felt uncomfortable during the application question was because she stated it in a way that I interpreted it to mean have I ever lied on an application. Beforehand we went over my CBP application, but during the actual question she asked if I lied on my "applications" which is plural, and I told her after that I have lied on applications before but not on my CBP one, however she would not let me retest as she told me that I am smart enough to know that she is talking about CBP and didn't believe that was all I was nervous about. Is there any input I can make before a decision is made to disqualify me from the process? Can I voice this concern? I asked her if she could do it again and ask me specifically about the CBP application and she said she's not doing it again.

      Thanks guys!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Firefox View Post
        Ladies and Gents,
        I know this question has been brought up many times and I have read hundreds of posts about it but have yet to come up with a difinitive answer.
        Does CBPO Retirement actually stop the clock for applicants under 6c 12d retirement. I have heard many differnt thoughts on this but was hoping there was someone with some experience who could shed some light on the subject.
        Thanks
        If your question is to see if our enhanced coverage counts for other agencies... then the answer is NO. Enhanced will not stop the clock for a full 6c covered position.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

        Comment


        • Originally posted by yoda View Post
          If your question is to see if our enhanced coverage counts for other agencies... then the answer is NO. Enhanced will not stop the clock for a full 6c covered position.
          That is what I was looking for. It is not a deal breaker by any means as I still have 7 years until I age out but I was curious.
          Thanks

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
            So slightly over two months according to timeline. At least I got one month down. You probably got an interim clearance and they will work your clearance while you are in the academy. Being a female (i got it right this time...lol) may have helped you since they were looking for females. Good luck to you and at least you are going to Georgia when the weather is getting cooler.

            Yeah that's what I was thinking on all points you made- definitely not complaining about the weather :-) Good luck to you, I think things are speeding up for people! Maybe you'll be in Georgia by the end of the year!
            GEO: Midwest
            Written Exam: 12/10/10
            NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
            TO/TSL: 1/9/12
            VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
            PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
            Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
            BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
            Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
            Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
            Polygraph: 5/11/12
            Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
            Met with BI: 7/27/12
            Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
            PFT2: 9/4/12
            EOD: 9/24/12
            FLETC: 10/31-3/15

            Comment


            • Sorry to everyone - some of my posts were repeated several times. My computer had some sort of seizure this afternoon and I can't find a delete button!
              GEO: Midwest
              Written Exam: 12/10/10
              NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
              TO/TSL: 1/9/12
              VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
              PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
              Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
              BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
              Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
              Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
              Polygraph: 5/11/12
              Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
              Met with BI: 7/27/12
              Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
              PFT2: 9/4/12
              EOD: 9/24/12
              FLETC: 10/31-3/15

              Comment


              • One more quick question for those who have been through it. Has anyone had their VA disability become an issue? If so were you required to go back to a VA doctor to get it checked out and signed off on or can you go to a non-VA doc. I know that it takes forever to get in with the VA and since I do have regular insurance it seems it would be much more convienent just go to my regular doctor.

                Comment


                • By chance are any of the applicants here for the CBPO position non probationary sworn members of other CBP components ie OAM/OBP? I've heard that everyone who applies for the CBPO position is now required to take a poly and if they fail they are prohibited for life from employment with CBP. Basically I'm wondering if you are a career status or career conditional CBP employee with OAM/OBP and have an up to date BI with CBP and apply for the CBPO position, would you be required to undergo the poly and subject to the above stated penalty if you do not satisfy the voodoo box?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                    Ladies and Gents,
                    I know this question has been brought up many times and I have read hundreds of posts about it but have yet to come up with a difinitive answer.
                    Does CBPO Retirement actually stop the clock for applicants under 6c 12d retirement. I have heard many differnt thoughts on this but was hoping there was someone with some experience who could shed some light on the subject.
                    Thanks

                    The truth is that it's largely untested. Most CBPOs have only been covered for the last 4 years or so. As far as I know, nobody has stood up after being denied, pushed the issue and had a definitive ruling issued.

                    Most people believe that it would 'stop the clock'...at least as to how it relates to current hires and to those under 37.

                    Comment


                    • Hey all! I got one green check today for my qualification. So hows everyone doing?
                      CBPO
                      GEO: SWB San Ysidro
                      Written Exam: 9/24/15
                      Referred: 10/9/15
                      TSL: 10/13/15
                      Med: 10/15/15
                      NOR: 10/19/15 (100)
                      Qual.: 10/21/15 (GS-5)

                      Comment


                      • Some people have very high post counts on here. Is that going to delay their process because the BI has to read through them all?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by S.O.S. View Post
                          Hey all! I got one green check today for my qualification. So hows everyone doing?
                          Hey there, I see you also got a green check for qualification today! same here! I also green checked for pre-employment forms and for border patrol, the medical exam transferred over, so I only have one green check for them so far. Hey, I noticed you resubmitted your forms on 8.26.12. I also had to re submit on 7/30/12.
                          BPA
                          Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                          TSU: 01/03/13
                          The Call: 02/01/13

                          CBPO
                          Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                          Written Test: 04/19/12
                          NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                          TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                          Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                          Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                          PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                          Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                          VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                          Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                          Background Investigation: Completed
                          Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                          BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                          TSU: 12/27/12
                          The Call: 02/01/13

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jturs View Post
                            Hello, first time posting i have been following this thread and there is alot of great info just wanted to say thanks. Well I finally took my poly today i was told i passed, took almost a year to get in scheduled after my drug test. Which brings me to my question my BI was completed August 2011 and cleared and showed completed on CASS by Sep 2011 then after my drug test was completed OCT 2011 my CASS said I was scheduling EOD then my background went back to pending after 9 months of being completed. I then completed my poly today, glad that is over with. does this sound normal should i be worried my BI is still pending? and does the process move quickly from here or another 8-12 months wait? Thanks
                            Now that i think about it, maybe it went pending because they wanted you to take a poly. did you ever get offered an EOD or did you just sit in TSU?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                              One more quick question for those who have been through it. Has anyone had their VA disability become an issue? If so were you required to go back to a VA doctor to get it checked out and signed off on or can you go to a non-VA doc. I know that it takes forever to get in with the VA and since I do have regular insurance it seems it would be much more convienent just go to my regular doctor.
                              You can probably call the medical section and ask, but i am pretty sure you can go to your regular doc and get them to sign off on whatever it is. Might depend on what it is though.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SHU View Post
                                By chance are any of the applicants here for the CBPO position non probationary sworn members of other CBP components ie OAM/OBP? I've heard that everyone who applies for the CBPO position is now required to take a poly and if they fail they are prohibited for life from employment with CBP. Basically I'm wondering if you are a career status or career conditional CBP employee with OAM/OBP and have an up to date BI with CBP and apply for the CBPO position, would you be required to undergo the poly and subject to the above stated penalty if you do not satisfy the voodoo box?
                                Don't take my word as gold, but from posts i have seen from current Border Patrol Agents, they did not have to poly since their BI transferred over.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9599 users online. 458 members and 9141 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X