300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
    word through the grapevine is that as of right now, cbp is only planning on hiring about 200 people during fiscal year 2013.
    That number sounds more like the number of additional officers CBP is looking to hire for the 2013FY. I'd be willing to guess that the number of officers CBP will need to hire for attrition far exceeds 200 for FY2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
      word through the grapevine is that as of right now, cbp is only planning on hiring about 200 people during fiscal year 2013.
      Im not drinking that kool-aid. The other forum says janet napolitano wants to bring cbpo up to 30,000 in order to eliminate overtime. The grapevine has been wrong plenty of times on this forum. Also if that was the case the announcement wouldnt have been open for 5 months....just my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
        And I failed my polygraph. I can't explain what a load of nonsense that was. I started trying to make things up that I did because I was told that if I told what I am withholding that I will be given a second chance, which I was, and then I was told once again that I am lying about a couple of things, which I wasn't. I can't believe someone can sit there and tell me I'm lying and actually believe what they are saying. Best of luck to the rest of you, for me this will probably end up changing my career path (from one that I have always wanted to do). I hope someone in the future is able to show how unreliable these things are. I never really believed they were unreliable until it happened to me. Only you know that you told the truth, and at the end of it all I'm grateful I have such supportive people around me and that I can continue my life knowing that I did everything right and apparently that isn't enough.
        I'm a little confused, you started making things up? What exactly do you mean? Are you trying to say that the examiner started asking you questions, he felt you were holding back so he asked you if you were and that he would give you a second chance if you started revealing everything now.
        Last edited by Rms16; 09-04-2012, 11:16 PM.
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
          Passed the pft2 in Detroit today! There were only 2 of us testing...
          Congratz! How was your 1.5? How many passed it? Happy for you!
          Last edited by Fer; 09-04-2012, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
            Wow.. that is nuts.. I haven't heard anything from a BI or anything. It has just been quiet since I passed my drug test in May or June. Did you get called or meet with a BI or did it just stay quiet and you ended up with a random call for your eod? Thanks and congrats!
            I met my BI back In march! I did my drug test in July 21 something like that! Jul 31 everything clear, Aug 10 I got the call.

Comment

• Can any of you guys give me some insight into what might be going on with my process? I'm getting nervous that I haven't received any additional correspondance:

I applied in July, took the test in NC in early August (Put in for SE), received a NOR of 90 on August 16th and faxed my required documents in on August 21st. I received confirmation from the UPS store that the fax was received, but haven't heard about anything since the August 16th e-mail. I just e-mailed the address that was provided to answer questions in the NOR e-mail asking them if they received my fax, but I'm starting to get concerned. Has anyone else who received their NOR in mid-August not received any further instructions?
              Last edited by JMU09; 09-05-2012, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMU09 View Post
                Can any of you guys give me some insight into what might be going on with my process? I'm getting nervous that I haven't received any additional correspondance:

I applied in July, took the test in NC in early August (Put in for SE), received a NOR of 90 on August 16th and faxed my required documents in on August 21st. I received confirmation from the UPS store that the fax was received, but haven't heard about anything since the August 16th e-mail. I just e-mailed the address that was provided to answer questions in the NOR e-mail asking them if they received my fax, but I'm starting to get concerned. Has anyone else who received their NOR in mid-August not received any further instructions?
                You need to slow your roll...
                You applied to a region where they aren't currently hiring in mass... You can't expect your process to go as quickly as the other SWB candidates are/will go. A score of 90 is not bad and will eventually yield a TO/TSL but it won't be in a matter of a few weeks from your NOR. Took me 4 years from testing to final offer (the call)... Patience is a virtue and your best ally with this process.

Best of Luck!
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Remember back in Nov. 2010 when CBP put up a hiring announcement and said they were mainly hiring for the SWB. Well, they lied. They preach integrity but its okay for the MHC to do whatever they want to.

CBP ended up a bunch of people for ATL and MIA and those people didn't have to wait 4 years to get hired either. Most of the new hires there got hired under one year.

I talked to a few people who had put the southeast as there preference and they said they received numerous emails before they got hired to change their preference to the SWB.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                    couple hours max...can't tell you what to expect cause we signed, and you will also, a disclosure saying we will never tell anyone about what is on the VBT..wear a nice suit and treat this like the most improtant interview you will ever have.
                    Thanks, will do.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMU09 View Post
                      Can any of you guys give me some insight into what might be going on with my process? I'm getting nervous that I haven't received any additional correspondance:

I got my NOR April 4, 2012..scored a 99...received TSL June 7, 2012...SouthEast also. They go by score order for TSLs. The SouthEast doesnt have as many slots as SWB..The good thing going for you is that they closed the announcement so no one else is testing. Also many people are impatient and switch to SWB. The job will catch up to you eventually. This requires lots and lots of patience. The best thing you can do is to work out so the fitness tests do not sneak up on you and go ahead and get the names, addresses, phone numbers of references, family members, previous employers, etc....because when and if you finally get a TSL you will have to fill out and submit your background electronically and only have like 7 days to do it. This forum is pretty good for info but you cannot compare your progress with someone else. That is where many people make their mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                        I got my NOR April 4, 2012..scored a 99...received TSL June 7, 2012...SouthEast also. They go by score order for TSLs. The SouthEast doesnt have as many slots as SWB..The good thing going for you is that they closed the announcement so no one else is testing. Also many people are impatient and switch to SWB. The job will catch up to you eventually. This requires lots and lots of patience. The best thing you can do is to work out so the fitness tests do not sneak up on you and go ahead and get the names, addresses, phone numbers of references, family members, previous employers, etc....because when and if you finally get a TSL you will have to fill out and submit your background electronically and only have like 7 days to do it. This forum is pretty good for info but you cannot compare your progress with someone else. That is where many people make their mistake.
                        Plus you don't know what kind of issues some people have with their investigation. People with more items (summons, mortgage, bankruptcy, overseas travel, etc.) will take more time to get hired if they do at all.
                        "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                          I would encourage you to re-read chapter 14 of the use of force policy. The very first paragraph of that chapter addresses this issue. You could argue that the Authorized Equipment list approves any holster that meets the stated minimum holster requirements. However, that is not how the actual policy reads. It states very clearly that All holsters which meet the standards established by the Authorized Officer’s specific program may be approved for duty use by the RO (which in our case is the DFO), with the concurrence of the Director of UFPD and the AC of the operational component.

This means that even if the holster meets the minimum standards is still has to be approved. I would surmise that if the holster is listed on the Approved Equipment List that it is good to go. If it is not on that list it needs to be approved.

I would further suggest that you take a look at question 12 on the UFPD's FAQ as it also addresses this very topic. You will find that this question concerning if an item needs the approval of the operational component (in our case OFO and the DFO) even if the it is on the Approved Equipment list is directly asked. The answer states clearly that yes the operational component can approve or disapprove the items even if it is on that list.

This is why Taser's for example are not issued service wide, yet are an approved piece of equipment.

In practice, I would say not much of this matters very much as noone is going to give an officer much heartburn about it. Especially, if the piece of equipment is on that list. That is, up until the officer is involved in an incident that maybe doesn't go so well for CBP due, even remotely, to that piece of equipment. At that point I don't want to be that officer that is using something that wasn't on that list and was not specificly approved by someone that officer can name and document from management.

FB
                          The section of chapter 14 you quoted is specific to uniform duty holsters and equipment approved for duty use. Likewise, question 12 of the FAQs for UFPD specifically relates to Operational Component approval of items "for use in the field". Such as tasers...

How is either relevant to the sections of policy governing off-duty carriage?

The only managerial approval needed that I see in regards to off-duty carriage applies to the color of holsters and mag carriers beyond those of brown, black or tan. UFPD and the RO can, if they choose, authorize additional colors as within policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                            That number sounds more like the number of additional officers CBP is looking to hire for the 2013FY. I'd be willing to guess that the number of officers CBP will need to hire for attrition far exceeds 200 for FY2013.
                            From what I found online the budget calls for maintaining roughly 21,200 CBPO

Comment

• Good morning! Hadn't been able to log on but just wanted to give you guys an update on my status. I took my medical/fitness test on Friday the 31st. I didn't do great but received 94 points to pass the PFT-1. Will be working out to get ready for the PFT-2. I had VBT yesterday, September 4th, I think it went well so hopefully I get the green lights on both of these. Does anyone know if they usually take the 2-3 weeks to tell you or if it's a little bit longer? Just wondering. Hope you all are having a good day.
                              CBPO
                              Examination Date: 6/28/12
                              NOR:7/3/12 (98 - no vet preference)
                              GEO: SWB
                              TSL: 7/30/12
                              TSL2: 7/31/12
                              Eqip: 8/10 - Resubmitted 8/17 - corrected some info
                              PFT1: 8/31/12
                              Med: 8/31/12
                              VBT/SI: 9/4/12
                              Drug screening: Pending
                              Polygraph:Pending
                              Background: Sent to security office 8/21/12

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                The section of chapter 14 you quoted is specific to uniform duty holsters and equipment approved for duty use. Likewise, question 12 of the FAQs for UFPD specifically relates to Operational Component approval of items "for use in the field". Such as tasers...

How is either relevant to the sections of policy governing off-duty carriage?

The only managerial approval needed that I see in regards to off-duty carriage applies to the color of holsters and mag carriers beyond those of brown, black or tan. UFPD and the RO can, if they choose, authorize additional colors as within policy.
                                I was told by one of our CBPE's, that is a Firearms Instructor as well, that the list they showed us at FLETC didn't include all the holsters that we can use off duty... as well as saying that pretty much any holster could be used.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4396 users online. 205 members and 4191 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X