300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    From what I have heard this is typical at the SWB... and as a new hire expect to be pulling doubles fairly often.
    hopefully it stays that way for a year or two while i am out there and that just means more money to save with less time to spend it!
    CBPO
    App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
    Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
    ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
    APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
    PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
    Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
    Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
      Since management has to approve any of the equipment that is carried, I think you will be hard pressed to find any managers that are going to approve any equipment that is not on that document that I referred to as it is titled Authorized Equipment List with a revision date of February 2012.

FB
      I would argue that the AEL specifically approves any holster that meets the stated minimum holster requirements, regardless of whether it's mentioned as an "example" on the AEL...or not.

Do you have an example of where management denied the use of a holster which otherwise obviously met AEL minimum standards simply because it was not specifically named as an option on the AEL?

Comment

• And I failed my polygraph. I can't explain what a load of nonsense that was. I started trying to make things up that I did because I was told that if I told what I am withholding that I will be given a second chance, which I was, and then I was told once again that I am lying about a couple of things, which I wasn't. I can't believe someone can sit there and tell me I'm lying and actually believe what they are saying. Best of luck to the rest of you, for me this will probably end up changing my career path (from one that I have always wanted to do). I hope someone in the future is able to show how unreliable these things are. I never really believed they were unreliable until it happened to me. Only you know that you told the truth, and at the end of it all I'm grateful I have such supportive people around me and that I can continue my life knowing that I did everything right and apparently that isn't enough.

Comment

• ^ No good.

Can someone post that they've recently taken a polygraph and passed? :\

I had to have some follow-up medical forms completed today, including vision.

My eye doctor listed my eye sight for my left eye uncorrected as "20/100 - squinted"

Think they'll accept that? lol
          Geo: SWB
          Test: 6/23/12
          NOR: 6/27/12 - 95 -VP:0 Points
          TSL1: 7/13/12
          TSL2: 7/17/12
          E-Qip submitted: 7/19/12
          Medical & PFT1: 08/08/12
          VBT & S.I.: 09/17/2012
          Drug Test:
          B.I.:
          Forms & Qual: 10/18/2012
          Polygraph: 10/30/2012
          PFT2:
          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
            And I failed my polygraph. I can't explain what a load of nonsense that was. I started trying to make things up that I did because I was told that if I told what I am withholding that I will be given a second chance, which I was, and then I was told once again that I am lying about a couple of things, which I wasn't. I can't believe someone can sit there and tell me I'm lying and actually believe what they are saying. Best of luck to the rest of you, for me this will probably end up changing my career path (from one that I have always wanted to do). I hope someone in the future is able to show how unreliable these things are. I never really believed they were unreliable until it happened to me. Only you know that you told the truth, and at the end of it all I'm grateful I have such supportive people around me and that I can continue my life knowing that I did everything right and apparently that isn't enough.
            I am sorry to hear that man, I know it must be a crushing thing to go through, I know I'd be ruined. But look, I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. For all you know man, something could've happened to you on the first day of work or 1 year from now. As uncomforting as it sounds, I believe life finds a way of shaping our future so that it works out for the best, at the moment we are unable to see the endgame and in the moment we might think this is the worst thing that could have happened, but 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now, we look back and see that it was actually a defining moment that we ended up being grateful for.

Maybe I am full of crap who knows, all I am saying is... sorry to hear for what happened and whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck.
            BPA
            Applied (CA): 08/02/11
            TSU: 01/03/13
            The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
            Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
            Written Test: 04/19/12
            NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
            TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
            Pre-Employment forms: Completed
            Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
            PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
            Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
            VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
            Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
            Background Investigation: Completed
            Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
            BI Meeting: 12/20/12
            TSU: 12/27/12
            The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Yes they will accept 20/100 uncorrected...your lucky because 20/100 is the limit.

Comment

• Hi.

I just have few questions in regards to changing back to the original Geo region after getting TSL with the current Geo region.

I changed my Geo region to SWB from North East and got the TSL1 & 2. I just took the Medical/physical fitness test as well. What will happen if I request to switch back to North East again?

- Will I be placed at the last line if I change back to the original Geo region or will I be able to get my spot back from the initial placement?
                - Assuming that I passed the Medical/physical fitness test, do I have to take the medical/physical fitness again when I get a new TSL from the original Geo region?
                - I have VBT scheduled on 9/14/12. Will I be cancelled from the scheduled VBT and get a new schedule when I get a new TSL with the original Geo region?

I know that North East will take long time to process but my Army reserve unit will not let me transfer to a another state. I want to continue to serve the country while working as CBPO.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by BYeomans11 View Post
                  How long did you SWB guys wait for your TSL1 after sending in your forms from your NOR? I have been waiting a month and scored a 92. Just worried they might not be giving out anymore offers for awhile since they closed the announcement.
                  Dont worry. there will be people that do not pass things in the process, the poly being a major one. You will get a TSL when you least expect it. It is my opinion they are just waiting on projections for the new fiscal year....my opinion only

Comment

• Originally posted by thechef29 View Post
                    Hi.

I just have few questions in regards to changing back to the original Geo region after getting TSL with the current Geo region.

I changed my Geo region to SWB from North East and got the TSL1 & 2. I just took the Medical/physical fitness test as well. What will happen if I request to switch back to North East again?

- Will I be placed at the last line if I change back to the original Geo region or will I be able to get my spot back from the initial placement?
                    - Assuming that I passed the Medical/physical fitness test, do I have to take the medical/physical fitness again when I get a new TSL from the original Geo region?
                    - I have VBT scheduled on 9/14/12. Will I be cancelled from the scheduled VBT and get a new schedule when I get a new TSL with the original Geo region?

I know that North East will take long time to process but my Army reserve unit will not let me transfer to a another state. I want to continue to serve the country while working as CBPO.

Thanks in advance.
                    They will not allow you to change your geo since you've already received a tentative offer. If you want to change your geo you'll have to wait until another announcement opens for the Northeast region, which could be a while. I would recommend continuing with the process for the SWB. The worst thing that could happen is that you'll complete all the required steps and receive an offer for the SWB. If you turn it down you will be taken out of the process however, if a year from now another announcement opens with a Northeast region you can apply and most if not all of your pre-employment steps will already be taken care of.

The reason they don't allow geo changes under any circumstance once a TSL is sent out is that it would allow people to circumvent the score order for their specific geo preference (ie, score an 85, receive a TSL for the SWB, then change to the Northeast where people who scored in the 90's haven't even received a TSL.)

Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                      I am sorry to hear that man, I know it must be a crushing thing to go through, I know I'd be ruined. But look, I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. For all you know man, something could've happened to you on the first day of work or 1 year from now. As uncomforting as it sounds, I believe life finds a way of shaping our future so that it works out for the best, at the moment we are unable to see the endgame and in the moment we might think this is the worst thing that could have happened, but 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now, we look back and see that it was actually a defining moment that we ended up being grateful for.

Maybe I am full of crap who knows, all I am saying is... sorry to hear for what happened and whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck.
                      I agree man. At first I was crushed, I mean I'm still not happy with it by any means, but like you said things happen for a reason, and 20 years from now I'll probably be looking back at this as a small bump and will be thankful that it happened the way it did. Best of luck to you, and thanks again for the kind words

Comment

• Originally posted by AlbertW View Post
                        ^ No good.

Can someone post that they've recently taken a polygraph and passed? :\

I had to have some follow-up medical forms completed today, including vision.

My eye doctor listed my eye sight for my left eye uncorrected as "20/100 - squinted"

Think they'll accept that? lol
                        My examiner told me i passed but i do not have the official word so hopefully its the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                          And I failed my polygraph. I can't explain what a load of nonsense that was. I started trying to make things up that I did because I was told that if I told what I am withholding that I will be given a second chance, which I was, and then I was told once again that I am lying about a couple of things, which I wasn't. I can't believe someone can sit there and tell me I'm lying and actually believe what they are saying. Best of luck to the rest of you, for me this will probably end up changing my career path (from one that I have always wanted to do). I hope someone in the future is able to show how unreliable these things are. I never really believed they were unreliable until it happened to me. Only you know that you told the truth, and at the end of it all I'm grateful I have such supportive people around me and that I can continue my life knowing that I did everything right and apparently that isn't enough.
                          Sorry to hear about that. They definitely play head games with you. If I understand your post correctly, why would you tell them you did something that you didn't do? That is just part of the games they play. Good luck to you in your future endeavors, but remember the examiner is not the official word, so you could still have a chance, albeit probably a slim one. Don't give up on your career choice. This is just one job among many in the field. Even if you do something else in the meantime, don't give up. I think ATF maybe opening an announcement soon. Just keep checking. There is also local law enforcement as well as state.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                            They will not allow you to change your geo since you've already received a tentative offer. If you want to change your geo you'll have to wait until another announcement opens for the Northeast region, which could be a while. I would recommend continuing with the process for the SWB. The worst thing that could happen is that you'll complete all the required steps and receive an offer for the SWB. If you turn it down you will be taken out of the process however, if a year from now another announcement opens with a Northeast region you can apply and most if not all of your pre-employment steps will already be taken care of.

The reason they don't allow geo changes under any circumstance once a TSL is sent out is that it would allow people to circumvent the score order for their specific geo preference (ie, score an 85, receive a TSL for the SWB, then change to the Northeast where people who scored in the 90's haven't even received a TSL.)

Good luck.
                            Thank you so much for the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              I would argue that the AEL specifically approves any holster that meets the stated minimum holster requirements, regardless of whether it's mentioned as an "example" on the AEL...or not.

Do you have an example of where management denied the use of a holster which otherwise obviously met AEL minimum standards simply because it was not specifically named as an option on the AEL?
                              I would encourage you to re-read chapter 14 of the use of force policy. The very first paragraph of that chapter addresses this issue. You could argue that the Authorized Equipment list approves any holster that meets the stated minimum holster requirements. However, that is not how the actual policy reads. It states very clearly that All holsters which meet the standards established by the Authorized Officer’s specific program may be approved for duty use by the RO (which in our case is the DFO), with the concurrence of the Director of UFPD and the AC of the operational component.

This means that even if the holster meets the minimum standards is still has to be approved. I would surmise that if the holster is listed on the Approved Equipment List that it is good to go. If it is not on that list it needs to be approved.

I would further suggest that you take a look at question 12 on the UFPD's FAQ as it also addresses this very topic. You will find that this question concerning if an item needs the approval of the operational component (in our case OFO and the DFO) even if the it is on the Approved Equipment list is directly asked. The answer states clearly that yes the operational component can approve or disapprove the items even if it is on that list.

This is why Taser's for example are not issued service wide, yet are an approved piece of equipment.

In practice, I would say not much of this matters very much as noone is going to give an officer much heartburn about it. Especially, if the piece of equipment is on that list. That is, up until the officer is involved in an incident that maybe doesn't go so well for CBP due, even remotely, to that piece of equipment. At that point I don't want to be that officer that is using something that wasn't on that list and was not specificly approved by someone that officer can name and document from management.

FB

Comment

• word through the grapevine is that as of right now, cbp is only planning on hiring about 200 people during fiscal year 2013.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5085 users online. 226 members and 4859 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X