Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone apply for the SF, Oakland, San Jose area? About to start backgrounds wondering if anyone else applied?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      "Critical needs" is more or less a crap shoot as well.
      Critical needs has always been more about the hiring center's need for more applications for various locations than for any real world need to fill particular job openings.
      That is so true. At one point new orleans became a critical needs area and i had been in scheduling for a month with no call. When i called scheduling, the beautiful sounding lady's voice told me that there was still no open vacancies for louisiana, but not worry that many people weren't waiting for louisiana and I was very close on the list.

So far its been three months now and still no call. I've become more patient now thanks to the help of people on this forum. I figured some cities that a person would rather work in may take longer to get. Im also hoping that its a funding problem and that October fy '09 would open some of these closed vacancy spots up? I want to call scheduling to ask them, but I think I may have called them too many times because now they don't even have to look my file up to answer my question, lol!
      "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• How difficult is it to try and change a geographic location if their isn't an announcement open?

Comment

• Originally posted by vic1218 View Post
          How difficult is it to try and change a geographic location if their isn't an announcement open?
          As long as you didnt get your t.o. yet, you can change your geo. The address should be on you NOR's.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            As long as you didnt get your t.o. yet, you can change your geo. The address should be on you NOR's.
            barnaj, I am going to change it to O'Hare. It's probably gonna be extremely competitive but hopefully a 90 is good enough. We'll see.

Comment

barnaj, I am going to change it to O'Hare. It's probably gonna be extremely competitive but hopefully a 90 is good enough. We'll see.
              Well there is a ton of cool people there, all my friends from FLETC were going there. Not to mention one super HOT chick! You might as well stay around home, the process will probably be the same amount of time.

Comment

How difficult is it to try and change a geographic location if their isn't an announcement open?
                when I asked to change my geo preference yesterday they told me I could only pick from these places

Arizona, Maine, Michigan, Montana, North Dakota, East Texas, California (San Francisco/Oakland), California (Los Angeles/Long Beach), California (Calexico/Andrade), California (Southwest border), Washington (all other), Washington (Northern Border), New York (other), Pennsylvania, Virginia, Texas (Presidio), St. Thomas, St. Croix, Florida-Key West, New Mexico (Columbus), Puerto Rico, and Vermont.

I want to change to NYC but they said I had to wait for a new announcement. Please let me know if you find out differently.
                Last edited by imlikeaninja; 09-06-2008, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• EOD 28th

I finally got the call yesterday.
                  I was a November 07 test taker. I had selected Fl and all other locations(not miami). I had a choice of Orlando and Port Everglades..Picked Port Everglades.
                  I EOD on the 28th and academy on Oct 20 something.

Im a prior BP Agent chasing mexicans and driving an hour n a half to work and soon will be working with Customs!!! 20 Mikes from home!
                  God is GOOd

Comment

• Week one down. So far so good here. Fletc isn't bad at all. And the majority of people are nice and helpful. Did not get stuck with a roomate, and got into the taj. If anyone is heading here soon, don't worry... Hardest thing is learning your way around (so far). LOL. The weather here is perfect and they are very prepared for a hurricane. But an umbrella is a must. Waiting for the bus in some places, when it's rainy is not fun.
                    Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                    Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                      Week one down. So far so good here. Fletc isn't bad at all. And the majority of people are nice and helpful. Did not get stuck with a roomate, and got into the taj. If anyone is heading here soon, don't worry... Hardest thing is learning your way around (so far). LOL. The weather here is perfect and they are very prepared for a hurricane. But an umbrella is a must. Waiting for the bus in some places, when it's rainy is not fun.

Hi, since you have your schedule, can you tell me which days you have for Thanksgiving? Also, are they giving Veterans day off as well? If you are there for Christmas and New Years please let me know which days they are giving you off as well. I'm curious because i'm scheduled for fletc on October 23 but I'm trying to see if i have enough time to fly home for holidays since i would be flying back to CA. Thanks!!

Comment

Did you try the Minnesota Hiring Center phone line yet?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by williamssd View Post
                          Well, I got the "call" today (actually, I called TSU inquiring about how soon they'd call because I'm supposed to be in a wedding... lady stated I was the second file on her desk and offered me the job).

I get to choose from Piegan, Sweetgrass, or Raymond (Montana). I'm leaning towards Piegan because I like the outdoors. Anyone in Montana have any opinions?

Everyone... keep you heads up. The lady at TSU seemed very busy so I'm guessing they are calling people as fast as they can get them into an academy slot.

- Steve
                          I spent a month at Chief Mt. on TDY a few years back. Chief is the summer port in Glacier Nat. Park that's run out of Piegan. Beautiful country, but empty as can be. The officers at Piegan were a good bunch then, but I think their port director retired a while back, so I'm not sure how things run there now.
                          Lots of busy work in the summer amd pretty much nothing all winter long. Given the choice of the 3, I'd take Piegan. Piegan isn't a 24 hour port though, so you lose out on pretty much all of the potential to work midnights. If night diff. matters to you.
                          Sweetgrass is the most busy of the 3. That's the place to go if you're looking for the greatest experiences.
                          Raymond is a small 24 hour port on the eastern side of the state. I haven't heard much about Raymond, good or bad. I've been to Scobey, which is right next door, empty, mostly flat and miles from nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Given the choice of the 3, I'd take Piegan. Piegan isn't a 24 hour port though, so you lose out on pretty much all of the potential to work midnights. If night diff. matters to you.
                            Thanks Merlin. I'm leaning towards Piegan, too. Sweetgrass would be nice for the "busy-ness" but I'm not too concerned with money at this point. I'm checked over my financials carefully and can survive on GS-5 pay for a year. GS-7 pay is only a couple grand shy of WI state leo pay, so after 12 months I'll be sittin' pretty.

Do you know anything about available gov't housing at Piegan? I've heard they have it available -- or at least I hope it's available to me. From the maps I can tell it's pretty remote. I can always try to find housing in Blackfeet country. I wonder what the reservation folks think of CBPO's?

I'm curious to see how much snow will be waiting for me in mid-February when I return from FLETC. Apparently it doesn't get too cold up by the mountains, just lots of snow (I'm used nasty cold though, coming from northwestern Wisconsin).

Thanks again for the info!
                            - Steve
                            "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize... HALF OF THEM ARE STUPIDER THAN THAT!"

- The Late George Carlin

Comment

• Steve,

Just got off the phone with the PD and unfortunatelly there is no housing available at Piegan untill sometime next summer...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Bi

Originally posted by nasapso234 View Post
                                Anyone apply for the SF, Oakland, San Jose area? About to start backgrounds wondering if anyone else applied?
                                I am located SF, I meet with BI since 08/25/08, but I am still pending for medical issue, so I don't expect to get call from them 3 months later if I am lucky, same to you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5413 users online. 246 members and 5167 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X