Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was a 10-2011 tester and I EOD 24 September and I also didn't have to take the poly. So hopefully some of you guys won't have to either!

    Comment


    • Me too! But I took the poly... What location?

      Originally posted by 19K2PO View Post
      I was a 10-2011 tester and I EOD 24 September and I also didn't have to take the poly. So hopefully some of you guys won't have to either!
      GEO: Midwest
      Written Exam: 12/10/10
      NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
      TO/TSL: 1/9/12
      VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
      PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
      Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
      BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
      Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
      Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
      Polygraph: 5/11/12
      Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
      Met with BI: 7/27/12
      Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
      PFT2: 9/4/12
      EOD: 9/24/12
      FLETC: 10/31-3/15

      Comment


      • i'm going to Rio Grande City, TX

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 19K2PO View Post
          i'm going to Rio Grande City, TX

          Nice! Good luck to you! What are your FLETC dates?
          GEO: Midwest
          Written Exam: 12/10/10
          NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
          TO/TSL: 1/9/12
          VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
          PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
          Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
          BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
          Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
          Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
          Polygraph: 5/11/12
          Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
          Met with BI: 7/27/12
          Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
          PFT2: 9/4/12
          EOD: 9/24/12
          FLETC: 10/31-3/15

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 19K2PO View Post
            i'm going to Rio Grande City, TX
            When did you get the call?
            Last edited by cowboys rule; 09-03-2012, 09:54 AM.

            Comment


            • the 18th of August. I had my PFT 2 on the 30th of August

              Comment


              • Anyone know whats going on with the border patrol auo (overtime) and if they are planning on making overtime cuts for cbpo. Hopefully not.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                  Anyone know whats going on with the border patrol auo (overtime) and if they are planning on making overtime cuts for cbpo. Hopefully not.
                  Wrong thread to ask about BP... but OT cuts are unlikely for CBP since it's the nature of the beast in order to cover demand... Until all ports are adequately staffed where there's no need to hold over or call anyone in...

                  The other factor is that if the port doesn't use their allotted OT budget it will be reduced for the following year...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

                  Comment


                  • They've been substantially reducing OFO's total OT expenditures for years.

                    If I was a betting man, I'd wager on further cuts.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      Wrong thread to ask about BP... but OT cuts are unlikely for CBP since it's the nature of the beast in order to cover demand... Until all ports are adequately staffed where there's no need to hold over or call anyone in...

                      The other factor is that if the port doesn't use their allotted OT budget it will be reduced for the following year...
                      yea i know, i just used the bp question as a lead in to my real question which was about the cbpo overtime. i just began pre academy last monday and was told that i would be working a lot of overtime. im hoping that the rumors werent true. ive heard people say that they want to cut down on bp aou and that cbpo overtime was next.

                      Comment


                      • Congrats to session 310 graduating this Thursday...
                        CBPO
                        GEO Pref: SWB
                        App Date: 8/2/11
                        Written Exam: 9/1/11
                        NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                        TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                        E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                        SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                        PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                        Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                        BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                        VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                        DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                        Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                        Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                        PFT2: 3/16/12
                        EOD: 4/9/12
                        FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                          Congrats to session 310 graduating this Thursday...
                          how is the academy so far? do you find it difficult at all? and i was told that there would also be practical exercises/exams, are those hard?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                            how is the academy so far? do you find it difficult at all? and i was told that there would also be practical exercises/exams, are those hard?
                            academy is not that bad in my eyes. you just need to pay attention to lectures and put some effort in studying. the first 4 weeks I would say are the most difficult because they are literally like 8 hr lectures each day. it's even worse when you have instructors that just read off the slide and have a monotone voice. there are a lot of great instructors that have a sense of humor and throw some comedy into it and keep you awake so thats a good thing. the practicals are just that practicals. the instructors aren't there to fail you. if you somehow manage to fail one that means you need to step up your game. I'm about to head into hell week so I guess we'll see. for the most part everything is pretty spaced out up until your remaining 2 weeks. thats when you literally have 1 to 2 practicals a day. hope that answers it. i'm sure merlin and yoda and others can chime in and give you some feedback on practicals and tests.
                            CBPO
                            GEO Pref: SWB
                            App Date: 8/2/11
                            Written Exam: 9/1/11
                            NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                            TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                            E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                            SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                            PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                            Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                            BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                            VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                            DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                            Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                            Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                            PFT2: 3/16/12
                            EOD: 4/9/12
                            FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                              academy is not that bad in my eyes. you just need to pay attention to lectures and put some effort in studying. the first 4 weeks I would say are the most difficult because they are literally like 8 hr lectures each day. it's even worse when you have instructors that just read off the slide and have a monotone voice. there are a lot of great instructors that have a sense of humor and throw some comedy into it and keep you awake so thats a good thing. the practicals are just that practicals. the instructors aren't there to fail you. if you somehow manage to fail one that means you need to step up your game. I'm about to head into hell week so I guess we'll see. for the most part everything is pretty spaced out up until your remaining 2 weeks. thats when you literally have 1 to 2 practicals a day. hope that answers it. i'm sure merlin and yoda and others can chime in and give you some feedback on practicals and tests.
                              got it. so in a nutshell, dont slack it and you will do fine

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                                got it. so in a nutshell, dont slack it and you will do fine
                                hahaha that or use process of elimination when you take your exams lol... with all kidding set aside just take maybe about an hour to two after class and just skim the material so that you don't have to stress when test day comes. I know a lot of people that don't study that do well because they are good listeners or just good at process of elimination.
                                CBPO
                                GEO Pref: SWB
                                App Date: 8/2/11
                                Written Exam: 9/1/11
                                NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                                TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                                E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                                SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                                PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                                Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                                BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                                VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                                DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                                Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                                Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                                PFT2: 3/16/12
                                EOD: 4/9/12
                                FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4573 users online. 220 members and 4353 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X