300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
    I believe they will contact you for the fitness exam followed by the medical
    But keep in mind that there is no true set timeline to the process, sometimes things happen out of order and everything takes different amount of time for each person. I for example TSL->Met BI->VBT/SI->Fitness->Quals->Med Exam->Poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
      12/10 tester here SWB and no poly yet. I use to say the same thing as you when 7/11 testers were getting the call and I sat an waited. Everybody is different, I was told two weeks ago my file was forwarded to the poly dept. and I'm still waiting for an appointment. Called IA today and they said the poly dept is backed up it will take a little time to get to my file, should happen in the next two weeks or so. Ya we will see this process is all about patience and how much you have.
      You need a lot of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
        You need a lot of it.
        It definetly tests you, but I refuse to get to frustrated. The gym helps a lot lol.
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I tested in this year March, and just got the call for my PFT1. I'm going Sept 18. All of a sudden I have all these questions. I guess its nerves. When u get there do u get straight to it or do they show you what you'll be doing and give you time to practice before? About how long will the entire fitness take? I see some people did their fitness and medical together but I wasn't told that my medical would be the same day. Could they surprise me and do it same time?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
            I tested in this year March, and just got the call for my PFT1. I'm going Sept 18. All of a sudden I have all these questions. I guess its nerves. When u get there do u get straight to it or do they show you what you'll be doing and give you time to practice before? About how long will the entire fitness take? I see some people did their fitness and medical together but I wasn't told that my medical would be the same day. Could they surprise me and do it same time?
            From what I've read here over a couple of years, each facility tends to do thing a little differently. They will typically explain the requirements to you and ask if you have any questions before you start. I think my fitness appointment took about an hour factoring in waiting time as well. I would recommend studying the fitness guide available on the cbp.gov website and practice all the events together before hand to make sure you can do them one after another.

Some get both medical and fitness scheduled together, others have them done separately. If they didn't say you would be doing both, plan on getting another call for a medical appointment sometime in the not too distant future. Very unlikely that they'll surprise you with the medical but even if they did, it's really no big deal, not really like you can prepare for the medical exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
              I tested in this year March, and just got the call for my PFT1. I'm going Sept 18. All of a sudden I have all these questions. I guess its nerves. When u get there do u get straight to it or do they show you what you'll be doing and give you time to practice before? About how long will the entire fitness take? I see some people did their fitness and medical together but I wasn't told that my medical would be the same day. Could they surprise me and do it same time?
              First, you fill out a bunch of paperwork, read the instructions on what exactly the test consists of. After that, they will take your blood pressure and an EKG. I was nervous so they took my blood pressure 2 or 3 times before it was satisfactory. The doctor gave me an opportunity to stretch and loosen up, even gave the option to go for a walk or jog. I just stretched for a few minutes then went right into it.

The actual test goes very quick. They will play a CD and you go from test to test to test. The CD will not be stopped for any reason. There is a 2 or 3 minute rest in between each test while they explain the instructions for the next test and during that time you will be able to practice. The last part of the test is the step test.

Honestly, if your in any half way decent shape it should not be a problem. I was worried about the step test, being a smoker for 8 years and just quitting 8 months ago. Also I RARELY did any cardio exercises, am 6'5 250lbs and I passed the step test without making any mistakes.

Once everything starts your adrenaline kicks in when you need it most.

Advice: Eat fast burning carbs and simple sugars about an hour before the time you have to be there. I brought with me 2 20oz gatorade bottles, emptied half of the gatorade in each bottle and added water. I have found if I drink too much gatorade I will cramp up during workouts.

Comment

• Got my TSL-2 today. I'm pretty pumped. I'm glad I held out and didn't change to SWB.
                "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
                  Got my TSL-2 today. I'm pretty pumped. I'm glad I held out and didn't change to SWB.
                  From what we have seen in the past the speed at which you get your TSL doesn't really matter since the process slows down later. For example I got my TSL 1 and 2 a week after my NOR and I had Florida selected, but MHC told me even with my 100 score it would probably take a couple of years before I could get an offer. It really depends on how much time you want to weigh. For me, I would rather start anywhere ASAP (I don't have a family so that doesn't matter) and get experience, than wait longer just to stay where I am. Good luck to you and welcome to the exciting, long, journey

Comment

• Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
                    I have thought the same thing.. 7/2011 tester here as well.. Still haven't gotten my poly and I am swb.. Very confusing. I have called and always get the same generic answer.. "Your paperwork is in the security office.. This can take up to a year.." et.. It is like our stuff got stuck in some huge stack and they are ignoring it and going after the newbies.. lol
                    Isnt this a fun process? The longer the wait the more time to think and play mind games and get frustrated none of which helps one pass the poly when it finally does come. Polys should be unannounced and unexpected no time to stress over the unknown is better than dwelling on it months waiting to have one. Which i am trying not to do of course.
                    Last edited by revivemylife; 08-31-2012, 09:13 PM.
                    CBPO 2011
                    TEST: 07/2011
                    NOR: 08/2011: 93
                    TSL 1&2 SWB : 02/12
                    PE FORMS: Completed
                    QUALS:GS-7
                    PFT1: Completed 03/12
                    MEDICAL: Completed 03/12
                    VBT/SI: Completed 05/12
                    DRUG TEST: Completed 07/12
                    NEW TSL SE REGION: 04/13
                    POLY1: 05/13 Not Passed
                    POLY2: 08/13 Not Passed
                    POLY3: 09/14 Maybe This Time?
                    BI: In Security Office

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                      From what we have seen in the past the speed at which you get your TSL doesn't really matter since the process slows down later. For example I got my TSL 1 and 2 a week after my NOR and I had Florida selected, but MHC told me even with my 100 score it would probably take a couple of years before I could get an offer. It really depends on how much time you want to weigh. For me, I would rather start anywhere ASAP (I don't have a family so that doesn't matter) and get experience, than wait longer just to stay where I am. Good luck to you and welcome to the exciting, long, journey
                      Same here, coming up on two years in the process and expect at least another year if not more for something in the Northeast. I feel like there are some questionable times for federal hiring looming for non-priority locations so who really knows what could happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                        I know how the game is played. The hurry up and wait. I'm no stranger to the civil service and federal jobs. I just like to see movement in the process. Movement gives us drive, a revitalized energy. A good reminder of where we want to make our place in the LE world.
                        "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• A co-worker told me today that he was going trough the process but he failed the poly this week.
                          Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
                            I have thought the same thing.. 7/2011 tester here as well.. Still haven't gotten my poly and I am swb.. Very confusing. I have called and always get the same generic answer.. "Your paperwork is in the security office.. This can take up to a year.." et.. It is like our stuff got stuck in some huge stack and they are ignoring it and going after the newbies.. lol
                            I'm a 7-2011 tester and my EOD is sept 10 and I didn't have to take a poly! Back in July I cal IA and the said I have to take a poly, but in Aug 1 everything clear and got the call Aug 7... So you may not have to take a poly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                              I'm a 7-2011 tester and my EOD is sept 10 and I didn't have to take a poly! Back in July I cal IA and the said I have to take a poly, but in Aug 1 everything clear and got the call Aug 7... So you may not have to take a poly!!!
                              Interesting b/c I tested 8-2011
                              Geo:SWB
                              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                              TSU: 3/28/13
                              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                                Dude that's awesome! I tested 4/2011 so maybe I'll clear in a little while! Not like i have anything to hide, but a couple of people now posted about failing the poly so it certainly concerns me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5294 users online. 216 members and 5078 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X