Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been reading forum for a while now, but haven't posted anything, I have a quick question, i had my physical and medical on 8/15/12, today I received a letter stating I did not pass my fitness test. I completed the step test without a problem, did 31 sit-ups and 21 push-ups in a minute (each) completed the lift/lower test of the 50LB in either 58 or 54 seconds and for the side step test my first trail was 8 and second was 9. Could the letter mean I failed my medical as oppse to my fitness. Or did I actually failed the fitness, and if so which area of the fitness did I fail? Can anyone help me understand this? Thanks. The only other thing that could be is: I stopped about 3 seconds shy of the 1 minute push-up test (I placed my knees on the ground- but I had already completed 21)
    Last edited by sandiego619; 08-30-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandiego619 View Post
      I've been reading forum for a while now, but haven't posted anything, I have a quick question, i had my physical and medical on 8/15/12, today I received a letter stating I did pass my fitness test. I completed the step test without a problem, did 31 sit-ups and 21 push-ups in a minute (each) completed the lift/lower test of the 5LB in either 58 or 54 seconds and for the side step test my first trail was 8 and second was 9. Could the letter mean I failed my medical as oppse to my fitness. Or did I actually failed the fitness, and if so which area of the fitness did I fail? Can anyone help me understand this? Thanks.
      If you got a letter saying that you passed your fitness test, why would you ask us if you failed your fitness test?
      Gek.

Comment

• I edited my post, I had a typo. I meant to say that I received a letter stating that I did not pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by normy0 View Post
          Congrats! When did you have your VBT/SI? I had mine the first week of August and haven't heard anything yet. It is the last thing I am waiting on to clear.
          I had it last Friday, on the 24th of August
          BPA
          Applied (CA): 08/02/11
          TSU: 01/03/13
          The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
          Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
          Written Test: 04/19/12
          NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
          TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
          Pre-Employment forms: Completed
          Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
          PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
          Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
          VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
          Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
          Background Investigation: Completed
          Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
          BI Meeting: 12/20/12
          TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
            Just be patient. I waited for a whole year before they qualified me. Some people get qualified in 3 or 4 months. Others get qualified a year or 2 after they applied for the position. Since I've been in the process the most important thing to worry about is the BI and Polygraph. That's where most applicants get disqualified at. Best of luck
            Good advice
            BPA

CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
              Sweet!! Passed the VBT/SI! I wonder what the heck is taking so long with the Pre-Employment forms and Quals... at the very least Quals should have cleared easily.
              any chance you took it at JFK? i also and still waiting on the same things...i don't understand the hold up

Comment

I've been reading forum for a while now, but haven't posted anything, I have a quick question, i had my physical and medical on 8/15/12, today I received a letter stating I did not pass my fitness test. I completed the step test without a problem, did 31 sit-ups and 21 push-ups in a minute (each) completed the lift/lower test of the 50LB in either 58 or 54 seconds and for the side step test my first trail was 8 and second was 9. Could the letter mean I failed my medical as oppse to my fitness. Or did I actually failed the fitness, and if so which area of the fitness did I fail? Can anyone help me understand this? Thanks. The only other thing that could be is: I stopped about 3 seconds shy of the 1 minute push-up test (I placed my knees on the ground- but I had already completed 21)
                Okay... so I calculated your score. Remember that you have to accumulate 80 points between the first part of the fitness test (pushups, situps, side step, and lift/lower) and complete the step test in order to pass the whole fitness test. Based on the numbers you gave us, your score came out to exactly 80 points. Are you 100%, without a doubt, sure of those numbers? Especially with the seconds(time) on the lower/lift test, as hard as it is to believe, One second in your case makes all the difference, the difference between pass and fail.

Here is the link to the CBP fitness test score sheet: it's on page 11

http://www.cbp.gov/.../officer/cbp_o...po_fitness.pdf
                BPA

CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post
                  any chance you took it at JFK? i also and still waiting on the same things...i don't understand the hold up
                  No, took it in San Diego :P
                  BPA

CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
                    No, took it in San Diego :P
                    i see. i was pretty surprised when the results were posted today. they told me 2-3 weeks.

Comment

I've been reading forum for a while now, but haven't posted anything, I have a quick question, i had my physical and medical on 8/15/12, today I received a letter stating I did not pass my fitness test. I completed the step test without a problem, did 31 sit-ups and 21 push-ups in a minute (each) completed the lift/lower test of the 50LB in either 58 or 54 seconds and for the side step test my first trail was 8 and second was 9. Could the letter mean I failed my medical as oppse to my fitness. Or did I actually failed the fitness, and if so which area of the fitness did I fail? Can anyone help me understand this? Thanks. The only other thing that could be is: I stopped about 3 seconds shy of the 1 minute push-up test (I placed my knees on the ground- but I had already completed 21)
                      Stopping before time will not effect you only if you have done the amount needed.When i took the fitness test at the end i was told i passed i did 55 push in 30 sec and stoped 35 sit ups in 45 sec and stoped, 13 then 14 side steps and the 50lbs i did it in 22 sec and also well 5 mins up, up, down, down.... When i finshed he told me i had passed it. There is a link in the cbp website that tells you the score you get buy checking what you have done, i beleave you have to get a score of 80 or above to pass, i scored 138.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't think you made enough points to hit the min of 80.
                        According to the scoring chart on CBP website under fitness test .pdf if i am reading it right:
                        21 pushups = 22points
                        31 situps = 26 points
                        54 seconds lift lower = 15 points
                        9 line touches = 12 points
                        TOTAL = 75 points

Hopefully i am reading it wrong or you can convince MHC that an error was made on their end somewhere. Best of luck to you.
                        Last edited by revivemylife; 08-30-2012, 09:59 PM.
                        CBPO 2011
                        TEST: 07/2011
                        NOR: 08/2011: 93
                        TSL 1&2 SWB : 02/12
                        PE FORMS: Completed
                        QUALS:GS-7
                        PFT1: Completed 03/12
                        MEDICAL: Completed 03/12
                        VBT/SI: Completed 05/12
                        DRUG TEST: Completed 07/12
                        NEW TSL SE REGION: 04/13
                        POLY1: 05/13 Not Passed
                        POLY2: 08/13 Not Passed
                        POLY3: 09/14 Maybe This Time?
                        BI: In Security Office

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                          Did your examiner tell you that you passed or should pass?
                          negative, he said keep your fingers crossed and smiled. so not sure, I think i am making a bigger deal out of it than it was but i know i was honest so regardless what went on its out of my hands.
                          CBPO
                          App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                          Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                          ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                          APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                          PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                          Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                          Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
                            Got my TSL for Central/East Coast today. Tested in April. 94 w/vet.
                            damn, i wish i kept my geo CEC i only scored an 88 but that isn't to far off. of well, i like the west, need some change of pace to say the least.
                            CBPO
                            Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                            ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

NJSP
                            Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                              Yeah I know I feel honored being on this Distinctive list I am so speechless, just got to thank the homie from DC without him non of this would be possible......lol
                              ME TOO! HIGH-FIVE!

haha, he is an idoit. Sad that those are the types of people that go into a process cry, complain, sue and then make the process even more difficult because they can't follow instructions.

Plus the funny part, I "liked" a status because i was one of the people that gave him the info in the first place. Although, he doesn't even know what GEO he applied to so doesn't surprise me he needed further clarification because his mom did his application for him.

anyway back on topic....
                              CBPO

NJSP
                              Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3

Comment

• I have a tough question: does anyone know the distance measurements between the center line and the two side lines for the "side step" test in PFT1? I want to practice for it, but couldn't find out the specs by reading CBP Officer Fitness Testing Fact Sheet. I probably would need to do better on this one to supplement my push-up weakness.
                                Also, does anyone know if you have knee injury or something, can you request to postpone the PFT1 test date?
                                Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10167 users online. 347 members and 9820 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X