300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
    You guys are going to mind F' yourself into failing the poly. It's not that big of a deal, sit down take the test, and answer honestly. They are not going to ask anything you do not know the answer to.
    Beyond that it is out of your hands, so just relax ladies and gentlemen.
    When you take one lets see if you have the same feeling about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
      Hey guys, I'm wondering whats the big deal about the poly? I mean dont they just go over all same questions on your e-QUIP? If you havent done drugs, and have a clean background you shouldnt be worried... Am I Right?
      The difference is your SF 86 only goes back 10 yrs. The poly covers from the time you are born. They play mind games with you which probably trips people up. Thats all i am going to say about it because i dont want to trip you up or have you second guess yourself.

Comment

You guys are going to mind F' yourself into failing the poly. It's not that big of a deal, sit down take the test, and answer honestly. They are not going to ask anything you do not know the answer to.
        Beyond that it is out of your hands, so just relax ladies and gentlemen.
        And to let you know, on mine, they didnt have me answer yes or no. They told me to just think of the answer in my head.

They poly does not measure lies or truths. It measures your bodies physical responses to certain stimuli, in this case a question. If i ask you if the sky is blue, and your heart rate jumps, the poly will say you are being deceptive.
        Last edited by mnewsom21; 08-29-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• I thought the SF 86 goes back 7 years not 10???

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
            When you take one lets see if you have the same feeling about it.
            I have taken 3, and passed three.

Comment

• Yeah I have also passed a polygraph, but it was still an awkward feeling and the blood pressure cuff killed my arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by hansenchehalis View Post
                Yeah I have also passed a polygraph, but it was still an awkward feeling and the blood pressure cuff killed my arm.
                I am not saying that it is not an uncomfortable situation, but what I am saying is that if you get yourself all worked up about it that it is only going to hurt your results. It is just better to try and relax and go about business as usual.

Comment

• YES! agreed! lol

Comment

• Hey everyone..nice to see so many people getting through the process. After you get ur TSL how fast will they call for the next step? What exactly would be the next steps?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                      Hey everyone..nice to see so many people getting through the process. After you get ur TSL how fast will they call for the next step? What exactly would be the next steps?
                      I believe they will contact you for the fitness exam followed by the medical

Comment

I have taken 3, and passed three.
                        well my bad then...

Comment

• Back in the days when CBP had optional polygraphs for those applicants they wished to polygraph, the failure rate was around 3 out of 5. That's were that 60% stat comes from. What one should take away from that is that the fraction of people CBP tested was mostly those people CBP thought would fail a polygraph...and for the most part, they were right.

I haven't see a number drawn from only those applicants tested during the "mandatory polygraph phase." I would expect that number to be considerable lower than 60%.

Comment

• Got my TSL for Central/East Coast today. Tested in April. 94 w/vet.
                            "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                            -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I've been through four polys and no deception has ever been detected on any of them. I always remained as calm as I could. The more relaxed you are, the more accurate the readings will be. I would look at something straight ahead, breathe normally, and answer the questions without thinking. If you have nothing to hide, remaining calm should not be a problem.

Good luck guys!
                              CBPO
                              TO:04/01/11
                              EOD: 08/22/11
                              FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Freefallin View Post
                                I've been through four polys and no deception has ever been detected on any of them. I always remained as calm as I could. The more relaxed you are, the more accurate the readings will be. I would look at something straight ahead, breathe normally, and answer the questions without thinking. If you have nothing to hide, remaining calm should not be a problem.

Good luck guys!
                                If only all of us had an awesome TO to EOD span like you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7558 users online. 410 members and 7148 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X