300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
    Hi Fer, I don't remember if you said it, but, do you know what was the time of the guy who failed?
    His time was 18:10 but he tried hard!

Comment

• Originally posted by ajasso76 View Post
      Fer, I believe that was me! Man I really appreciated all of your help and support... I was so dissapointed in myself that day. I prepared so much and was ready to tackle that run, but my shins just got the best of me that day! I was really looking forward to the academy, but I guess that just was not in the plans for me at this point. Thanks again and best of luck to all getting ready for the October 17th class!

It will! :-)
      I know I let my chance pass me by, but I am still hopeful that my time will come again...

Comment

• I've been told by numerous current CBP officers that as soon as you pass your VBT you are in the clear, but after hearing about so many people failing the Poly and not getting the job worries me a lot.
        Geo:SWB
        CBPO Exam:08/2/11
        TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
        Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
        VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
        Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
        Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
        Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
        BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
        TSU: 3/28/13
        EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
        FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
          I've been told by numerous current CBP officers that as soon as you pass your VBT you are in the clear, but after hearing about so many people failing the Poly and not getting the job worries me a lot.
          thats because most current cbp officers didnt take the polygraph, like most didnt take a pft2 or take the pft to graduate the academy. i think they started that in 2009 if i am not mistaken. polys became mandatory this year.

Comment

• I am not sure what to think of the poly. i did mine Aug 8 and they said i passed, but i am also worried since two people on this forum stated they did not find out for 3 months that they failed. My examiner said i passed and if i dont hear anything in two weeks then i should be good to go. Maybe those two people were an exception. how many people has this happened to that do not post on this forum? Even though i truly believe i passed, if something happens and they tell me i failed, then i know the poly is bogus since i have held either a secret or a top secret with SCI for my entire 20yr Army career, never did any type of drugs what so ever, never been arrested or in trouble with the law, and am not a terrorist. It just makes you wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
              I am not sure what to think of the poly. i did mine Aug 8 and they said i passed, but i am also worried since two people on this forum stated they did not find out for 3 months that they failed. My examiner said i passed and if i dont hear anything in two weeks then i should be good to go. Maybe those two people were an exception. how many people has this happened to that do not post on this forum? Even though i truly believe i passed, if something happens and they tell me i failed, then i know the poly is bogus since i have held either a secret or a top secret with SCI for my entire 20yr Army career, never did any type of drugs what so ever, never been arrested or in trouble with the law, and am not a terrorist. It just makes you wonder.
              mnew, I noticed the three month wait for a failure notice as well. It definetly has me concerned, I would rather find out quickly then have it linger on. I do think that maybe quality control may be a little backed up and this is the reason for the delay. Complete speculation, but it makes sense.
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• the poly in my opinion went horrible but i don't know if it was a scare tactic or what, i have tried to steer clear of reading any info about it or researching it. the most i did was say to a few family and friends that i had to take one and their response was "that sucks".

I was completely honest in all aspects and feel very comfortable and can sleep at night but just the entire day was very interesting to say the least. good luck everyone, i was in sin-city a last week so need to do some catch up and seeing what has gone on.
                CBPO
                App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                  the poly in my opinion went horrible but i don't know if it was a scare tactic or what, i have tried to steer clear of reading any info about it or researching it. the most i did was say to a few family and friends that i had to take one and their response was "that sucks".

I was completely honest in all aspects and feel very comfortable and can sleep at night but just the entire day was very interesting to say the least. good luck everyone, i was in sin-city a last week so need to do some catch up and seeing what has gone on.
                  Did your examiner tell you that you passed or should pass?

Comment

• I wonder what percentage of people fail the polygraph test???

Comment

• Originally posted by ELAW25 View Post
                      I wonder what percentage of people fail the polygraph test???
                      Not sure, I want to say somewhere in the vicinity of 60% fail.

Comment

• I read an article on CBP polys. It stated 7 out of 10 people fail their polygraphs and out of those 3 passing, if they take it again they have a higher chance of failing too.

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm wondering whats the big deal about the poly? I mean dont they just go over all same questions on your e-QUIP? If you havent done drugs, and have a clean background you shouldnt be worried... Am I Right?
                          Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• You guys are going to mind F' yourself into failing the poly. It's not that big of a deal, sit down take the test, and answer honestly. They are not going to ask anything you do not know the answer to.
                            Beyond that it is out of your hands, so just relax ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

• There will be new questions other than sf-86 and the polygrapher will go over them in detail. Best advise is to stay calm!

Comment

• The failure rate, if I'm not mistaking, is when polygraphs were not mandatory and were only administered to people that had something come up during their background investigation, and that is why it is so high.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5005 users online. 283 members and 4722 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X