300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ajasso76 View Post
    Hey guys sorry to bother you all, but I have a question... Do you know if they are allowing people to take a second shot at the 1 1/2 mile? I missed the mark by a little over a minute, which was due to my shin-splints kicking my butt. I was told they were giving applicants second chances. Anyone here heard anything?
    I don't know about second chances, but if you get one, be sure to go to your local running store and purchase some orthotics inserts for your running shoes- they are magic against shin splints!
    GEO: Midwest
    Written Exam: 12/10/10
    NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
    TO/TSL: 1/9/12
    VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
    PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
    Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
    BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
    Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
    Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
    Polygraph: 5/11/12
    Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
    Met with BI: 7/27/12
    Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
    PFT2: 9/4/12
    EOD: 9/24/12
    FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by ajasso76 View Post
      Hey guys sorry to bother you all, but I have a question... Do you know if they are allowing people to take a second shot at the 1 1/2 mile? I missed the mark by a little over a minute, which was due to my shin-splints kicking my butt. I was told they were giving applicants second chances. Anyone here heard anything?
      Sorry to hear that bro! Iny pft2 a guy fail too and I did my best to support him , motivate him and help him to cross that finish line before time!!

Comment

• Originally posted by haloguy12 View Post
        Like I said I can't decide because on the letter I received it says business casual which could just be a dress shirt and tie but on the CBP website it says most applicants wear business attire (e.g suit) so I can't decide if a dress shirt and tie would work or a full on suit would look better.
        Think of it this way: It says business casual. That would be the minimum expectation. Are you okay with aiming for the minimum or do you give it your best effort? Only you can decide
        BPA
        Applied (CA): 08/02/11
        TSU: 01/03/13
        The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
        Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
        Written Test: 04/19/12
        NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
        TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
        Pre-Employment forms: Completed
        Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
        PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
        Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
        VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
        Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
        Background Investigation: Completed
        Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
        BI Meeting: 12/20/12
        TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• Woke up to another green check Qualified as a GS7! Hope everyone else gets some good news today!
          CBPO SWB
          Application: 3/28/12
          Exam: 4/26/12
          NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
          TSL: 6/12/12
          TSL2: 6/13/12
          Eqip: clear 6/28/12
          Fingerprint: 6/22/12
          PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
          Quals: GS7 8/28/12
          PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
          Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
          VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
          Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
          Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
          Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
            Sorry to hear that bro! Iny pft2 a guy fail too and I did my best to support him , motivate him and help him to cross that finish line before time!!
            Hi Fer, I don't remember if you said it, but, do you know what was the time of the guy who failed?
            Geo:SWB
            CBPO Exam:12/10
            TSl: 5/11
            Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
            Met BI:1/12
            VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
            Drug Test:04/12 Passed
            Qual:cleared 3/12
            Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Nice! checked CASS..... .......

Background Investigation......

PENDING.................... What a news....
              PFT2:
              EOD:

Comment

• Here is my timeline estimate.
                SWB
                Test 8/11
                TSL 1 & 2 2/12
                Medical and PFT 4/12
                VBT/SI 5/12 begin
                Poly 5/12 middle

I have called IA a few times and they always returned the call within 48hrs. Every time they still did not know what happened and my poly was still being checked by quality control. Can I still get into CASS? Yes. Have I received an email yet? No. I called IA and they call me back today and told me that I failed it. I am ok with this. I told the truth and did the best that I could. I am also in the process for a few other agencies federal and local as well. Which I passed their test (go figure). I am speaking from experience, I have passed a few polygraphs and failed a few but I have never had an issues applying for other federal positions. Someone had mentioned in the past that if you fail one federal polygraph then you are screwed. Trust me you are not. If it is something that you want to do, go for it. I have and I am having much success. Don’t let someone else determine your future. Let the agency tell you no. Now if you get stuck in a hiring freeze then that is something totally different. Been there done that as well. Haha. Anyway the moral of the story is keep your head up and don’t let anyone stop you from achieving your success. Now if you have given it your all and it is still not working, then someone (God or whatever you believe in) might be telling you that this is not the path that he has for you. Keep your faith, your head up and keep on keeping on. Best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by future007 View Post
                  Here is my timeline estimate.
                  SWB
                  Test 8/11
                  TSL 1 & 2 2/12
                  Medical and PFT 4/12
                  VBT/SI 5/12 begin
                  Poly 5/12 middle

I have called IA a few times and they always returned the call within 48hrs. Every time they still did not know what happened and my poly was still being checked by quality control. Can I still get into CASS? Yes. Have I received an email yet? No. I called IA and they call me back today and told me that I failed it. I am ok with this. I told the truth and did the best that I could. I am also in the process for a few other agencies federal and local as well. Which I passed their test (go figure). I am speaking from experience, I have passed a few polygraphs and failed a few but I have never had an issues applying for other federal positions. Someone had mentioned in the past that if you fail one federal polygraph then you are screwed. Trust me you are not. If it is something that you want to do, go for it. I have and I am having much success. Don’t let someone else determine your future. Let the agency tell you no. Now if you get stuck in a hiring freeze then that is something totally different. Been there done that as well. Haha. Anyway the moral of the story is keep your head up and don’t let anyone stop you from achieving your success. Now if you have given it your all and it is still not working, then someone (God or whatever you believe in) might be telling you that this is not the path that he has for you. Keep your faith, your head up and keep on keeping on. Best of luck.
                  Well said Future007. I say the same. I have a good profession in the IT field (no Federal) and if something happen here is because it was not for me... To everybody, as Future said, keep going and do not stop your live because of this process.. Anyway, good luck to all.
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

Comment

SWB
                    Test 8/11
                    TSL 1 & 2 2/12
                    Medical and PFT 4/12
                    VBT/SI 5/12 begin
                    Poly 5/12 middle

Future007, btw, I am sorry for that bad news.. but could be a good news... good luck dude...
                    PFT2:
                    EOD:

Comment

SWB
                      Test 8/11
                      TSL 1 & 2 2/12
                      Medical and PFT 4/12
                      VBT/SI 5/12 begin
                      Poly 5/12 middle

I guess no news is not always good news. hard to believe 3 months went by and you just found out. When you took it did the examiner say you passed or did he kind of give you the runaround?

Comment

• Awwww man MPDCjock got me on the ignore list...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
                          Awwww man MPDCjock got me on the ignore list...lol
                          this whole forum is on his ignore list..lol

Comment

• I guess one green check (medical) is better than none at all...
                            BPA
                            Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                            TSU: 01/03/13

CBPO
                            Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                            Written Test: 04/19/12
                            NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                            TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                            Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                            Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                            PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                            Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                            VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                            Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                            Background Investigation: Completed
                            Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                            BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                            TSU: 12/27/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                              Fer, I believe that was me! Man I really appreciated all of your help and support... I was so dissapointed in myself that day. I prepared so much and was ready to tackle that run, but my shins just got the best of me that day! I was really looking forward to the academy, but I guess that just was not in the plans for me at this point. Thanks again and best of luck to all getting ready for the October 17th class!

I know I let my chance pass me by, but I am still hopeful that my time will come again...

Comment

• Hey guys! Information regarding EOD & PFT2 & Formal Academy Training. Good Luck, everyone!!

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...rting_duty.pdf
                                CBPO
                                GEO: SWB San Ysidro
                                Written Exam: 9/24/15
                                Referred: 10/9/15
                                TSL: 10/13/15
                                Med: 10/15/15
                                NOR: 10/19/15 (100)
                                Qual.: 10/21/15 (GS-5)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4967 users online. 264 members and 4703 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X