300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ajasso76 View Post
    Hey guys sorry to bother you all, but I have a question... Do you know if they are allowing people to take a second shot at the 1 1/2 mile? I missed the mark by a little over a minute, which was due to my shin-splints kicking my butt. I was told they were giving applicants second chances. Anyone here heard anything?

Sorry to say but I think you're out of luck and must apply again when another announcement opens. I've been reading these forums for 2+years and I've never seen someone offered a second chance.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by 180Degrees; 08-27-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Thanks a lot for the information everyone. I feel a bit better about taking my interview. Also I'm debating wether I should wear a suit or just shirt and tie. What do you all suggest? What did most of you wear?

Comment

• Originally posted by ajasso76 View Post
        Hey guys sorry to bother you all, but I have a question... Do you know if they are allowing people to take a second shot at the 1 1/2 mile? I missed the mark by a little over a minute, which was due to my shin-splints kicking my butt. I was told they were giving applicants second chances. Anyone here heard anything?
        Ajasso, I'm sorry but I think 180D is right. If I remember correctly I heard on this forum that they tell you that if you fail, only to be told differently later. I think you receive a letter informing you that you are out of the process. Maybe they changed it but that's what I've seen here. I'm sorry hopefully we are wrong.
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by haloguy12 View Post
          Thanks a lot for the information everyone. I feel a bit better about taking my interview. Also I'm debating wether I should wear a suit or just shirt and tie. What do you all suggest? What did most of you wear?
          It's an interview

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
            we have answered your question like 5 times already
            Thanks 5x.

Comment

• Like I said I can't decide because on the letter I received it says business casual which could just be a dress shirt and tie but on the CBP website it says most applicants wear business attire (e.g suit) so I can't decide if a dress shirt and tie would work or a full on suit would look better.

Comment

• Originally posted by haloguy12 View Post
                Like I said I can't decide because on the letter I received it says business casual which could just be a dress shirt and tie but on the CBP website it says most applicants wear business attire (e.g suit) so I can't decide if a dress shirt and tie would work or a full on suit would look better.
                I've always been told that for a LEO interview, always a black suit with a neutral shirt and tie. I assume this is the unspoken standard and it's what I wore to my VBT/SI. I feel it would be disrespectful to wear anything other than a suit to an interview but that's merely my opinion.

Comment

• I got the call to schedule my polygraph and just spent $400 to book a flight and hotel, looking forward to possibly clearing another hurdle.

Comment

• If a person fails the polygraph are they able to reapply in a year or anything? I am still waiting on my results from May.

Comment

• Originally posted by future007 View Post
                      If a person fails the polygraph are they able to reapply in a year or anything? I am still waiting on my results from May.
                      Unfortunately for us if we fail the polygraph we are banned from employment with CBP indefinitely. Seems harsh but it is what it is I guess. Having waited three months for your results seems like it could be a good thing, I feel like they are typically quick to notify applicants of a failed polygraph. I don't think they actually notify you if you pass your polygraph, I think they just continue on with your background investigation.

Could be helpful to the rest of us to post your timeline and geo location so we can get an idea of where you stand in the process.

Comment

• Before its all said and done MPDCjock will have everyone on this site on his ignore list...lol

Comment

If a person fails the polygraph are they able to reapply in a year or anything? I am still waiting on my results from May.
                          you probably passed then...they don't tell you anything if you passed. You could alwaya call IA and see if they got your results. They have called me back the last couple times i called.

The number is 202-344-2600. Just follow the prompts and leave your name and a number they can contact you on. Not guaranteeing they will return your call, but i am 2 for 3 on them returning mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                            Before its all said and done MPDCjock will have everyone on this site on his ignore list...lol
                            That's got to be the first time I've ever seen that used lol.
                            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

Mnewsom21 is right no news on the poly is good news. They usually notify you quickly if you failed. On the other hand Iamwolf had to wait a while for the his negative results. That's not the norm though. Mnewsom is right give IA a call and see if they can give you an update on the poly. What did the agent say to you after the test? They usually tell you en if you pass or fail. I hear conflicting reports on that too. So best option is to call IA. I have had some better luck getting a call back recently so give it a shot and see what happens. I've noticed if you call Friday morning they usually get back to you that day. Atleast the last few times that has worked for me.
                              List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Thanks everyone for the tips. So if I pass the interview, what happens next ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13074 users online. 494 members and 12580 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X