300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
    Once the fiscal year ends, will the government have to agree on new budget before we get the call?
    There's no easy answer to that.

No budget means a continuing resolution for however long Congress wants to run one. CR's authorize the agency to spend 75% of this current year's budget.

Conceivably, they could hire 75% of new hires in Oct. They could just hire emergency replacements. They could shut down hiring until the new budget comes along. Who knows? It all depends on the whims of the agency.

Comment

• I got an invite to VBT, so far I have tested, NOR, tsl 1 and 2, finshed forms submited Eqip, and in two weeks I will have my VBT.. All of this in 4 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
        I got an invite to VBT, so far I have tested, NOR, tsl 1 and 2, finshed forms submited Eqip, and in two weeks I will have my VBT.. All of this in 4 weeks.
        Hey Firefox, it is good for you! For those who are going to take the VBT/SI, here is a link that might give you some idea! AND GOOD LUCK!!

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...bpo_vbt_si.pdf
        CBPO
        GEO: SWB San Ysidro
        Written Exam: 9/24/15
        Referred: 10/9/15
        TSL: 10/13/15
        Med: 10/15/15
        NOR: 10/19/15 (100)
        Qual.: 10/21/15 (GS-5)

Comment

• Originally posted by S.O.S. View Post
          Hey Firefox, it is good for you! For those who are going to take the VBT/SI, here is a link that might give you some idea! AND GOOD LUCK!!

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...bpo_vbt_si.pdf
          Thanks I appreciate it.
          I know that my process will slow down soon but it is exciting to have some movement. I am in many others that are stalled out at the moment, so it is nice to get good news.

Comment

• What all is issued to you at FLETC?

Comment

• Hi everyone! My VBP/SI is coming up in less than a week. I read the linked posted above and it was very helpul. I was wondering if any of you have recently taken the VBT/SI ? If so, some comments and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                So Fer, I'm glad this old lady will be in the same class with you being that you are a fitness trainer!! I need extra help due to the fact that I have way more gray hair (but you never will see it)than anyone on this forum!! lol!! Congrats passing the pft2 test!! I'm so happy for you!!
                Acosta- congrats, we will all be in class together!! I can't wait to meet both of you!!

And last- to the female having problems doing pushups, I tried and tried doing pushups and couldnt get them AT ALL!!! NO matter what I did I was struggling. I was fortunate to be able to hire a trainer that trains NFL players and he said most women are weak in the upper body area. He started working my upper body (chest, triceps, back , biceps) and it was amazing how much stronger i got. Before I knew it I was doing pushups with no problem. Of course I wasn't doing 50+ but i did enough to pass my pft2 test. Get your upper body stronger and the pushups will come easier to you! I hope my advice helps as I was in that same boat once! Good luck!!
                Looking forward to meeting you

Comment

• Originally posted by haloguy12 View Post
                  Hi everyone! My VBP/SI is coming up in less than a week. I read the linked posted above and it was very helpul. I was wondering if any of you have recently taken the VBT/SI ? If so, some comments and tips would be greatly appreciated.
                  You'll sign a non-disclosure agreement when you take your VBT/SI so I wouldn't really expect to find out too much more than what you read on the CBP website. Just use common sense is probably the best thing anyone can tell you.

Comment

• Originally posted by 19K2PO View Post
                    What all is issued to you at FLETC?
                    4 uniform short sleeved tops (smurfs), 3 uniformed pants (smurfs), a beat up belt just for the first few days, then you get issued gym attire which consists of 2 pairs of blue shorts, 2 pairs of blue cargo shorts, a jock strap for guys, a pair of shower sandals, & 2 FLETC t-shirts. When you get issued your gear you get a velcro inner liner belt and then your batman belt with all the accessories.
                    CBPO
                    GEO Pref: SWB
                    App Date: 8/2/11
                    Written Exam: 9/1/11
                    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                    TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                    E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                    SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                    PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                    Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                    BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                    VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                    DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                    Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                    Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                    PFT2: 3/16/12
                    EOD: 4/9/12
                    FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                      4 uniform short sleeved tops (smurfs), 3 uniformed pants (smurfs), a beat up belt just for the first few days, then you get issued gym attire which consists of 2 pairs of blue shorts, 2 pairs of blue cargo shorts, a jock strap for guys, a pair of shower sandals, & 2 FLETC t-shirts. When you get issued your gear you get a velcro inner liner belt and then your batman belt with all the accessories.
                      I like it, "...Batman belt..."
                      Geo:SWB
                      CBPO Exam:12/10
                      TSl: 5/11
                      Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                      Met BI:1/12
                      VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                      Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                      Qual:cleared 3/12
                      Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                      PFT2:
                      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                        Anything can be worn to the written exam though, right?
                        we have answered your question like 5 times already

Comment

Hi everyone! My VBP/SI is coming up in less than a week. I read the linked posted above and it was very helpul. I was wondering if any of you have recently taken the VBT/SI ? If so, some comments and tips would be greatly appreciated.
                          This is for any interview but some good tips imo. Keep it short, sweet, and to the point. Don't ramble on and keep eye contact, if you tend to play with your hands keep them folded in front of you. If you don't know the answer to a question right away take a breath and pause to think. Ask to have the question repeated if you have to. Make sure your voice volume is clear and audible, make sure to avoid ummmms. Smiling is good too.
                          Written exam: 3/26/12
                          NOR: 4/2/12
                          TSL: 5/25/12
                          PFT1: 6/19/12 Cleared
                          Medical exam: 8/30/12 Cleared
                          VBT/SI: 8/1/12 Cleared
                          Poly: Scheduled

Comment

• Hey guys sorry to bother you all, but I have a question... Do you know if they are allowing people to take a second shot at the 1 1/2 mile? I missed the mark by a little over a minute, which was due to my shin-splints kicking my butt. I was told they were giving applicants second chances. Anyone here heard anything?

Comment

I would say the difficulty of the VBT/SI is Medium. It was def my favorite part of the process. The PFT1 was my second favorite but the VBT/SI was fun. Except for the two hours waiting to see if you get the SI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hikari View Post
                                This is for any interview but some good tips imo. Keep it short, sweet, and to the point. Don't ramble on and keep eye contact, if you tend to play with your hands keep them folded in front of you. If you don't know the answer to a question right away take a breath and pause to think. Ask to have the question repeated if you have to. Make sure your voice volume is clear and audible, make sure to avoid ummmms. Smiling is good too.

Something important to keep in mind is that those officers are human like us and maybe, one time, they were sitting here like we are right now. Don't be afraid because they have uniform or a batch. Imaging your self chatting with those officer here in this forum will make you feel better. this is Psychology
                                Geo:SWB
                                CBPO Exam:12/10
                                TSl: 5/11
                                Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                                Met BI:1/12
                                VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                                Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                                Qual:cleared 3/12
                                Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                                PFT2:
                                EOD:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7873 users online. 342 members and 7531 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X