Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys! I just received an email regarding my E-QIP, it asks me to make a few corrections on the E-QIP form and resubmit it along with other forms. I guess it is true (in my case maybe) that once the VBT/SI is cleared, everything else is going to move faster!?

P.S.
    I also received the congrats letter for my VBT/SI today. Peace!
    CBPO
    GEO: SWB San Ysidro
    Written Exam: 9/24/15
    Referred: 10/9/15
    TSL: 10/13/15
    Med: 10/15/15
    NOR: 10/19/15 (100)
    Qual.: 10/21/15 (GS-5)

Comment

• Congrats Lang2! Did you ever meet with your background investigator?

Comment

• Originally posted by S.O.S. View Post
        Hey guys! I just received an email regarding my E-QIP, it asks me to make a few corrections on the E-QIP form and resubmit it along with other forms. I guess it is true (in my case maybe) that once the VBT/SI is cleared, everything else is going to move faster!?

P.S.
        I also received the congrats letter for my VBT/SI today. Peace!

lol, don't get too excited. That's not necessarily true.
        Geo:SWB
        CBPO Exam:08/2/11
        TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
        Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
        VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
        Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
        Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
        Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
        BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
        TSU: 3/28/13
        EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
        FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoplepeople View Post
          Congrats Lang2! Did you ever meet with your background investigator?
          Yeah, his timeline said that he met with the investigator back in July.
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
          TSU: 3/28/13
          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
          FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
            I had my credit pulled a couple of months ago and still haven't met with the BI. I'm sure it means they started your investigation, but by no means does it indicate that they are near finishing it.
            In case many do not know how investigations work, when you meet with your BI, it is to go over anything that may be confusing in your E-QIP and to ensure all info is correct. Example a residence might not coincide with an employment period or something like that. They will want to talk with your boss and some fellow employers and neighbors also. If anything needs to be changed, you write the info on the SF-86 and they correct it. That is why you need to make sure your E-QIP is complete and accurate, especially reference names, emails, addresses, and telephone numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
              Just thought I'd let everyone know, my BI is still pending in CASS and got the call today...
              I was wondering that myself. Good to hear. I am just waiting on my poly to clear and i should be good to go. I have a cleared BI already. It has been almost 3 weeks since my poly.

Don't worry about leaving the family. The time will go by fast. I spent 2 yrs away from mine with deployments to Iraq. At least you are stateside. If hired, I am planning on letting my wife and child stay with family while I am in the academy to save money. It keeps them occupied. I am just going to store my household goods. Might be something to think about if financially possible. Like i said the 4 or 5 months will fly by and you are doing it to provide your family with a better quality of life and you and your wife will feel proud when you graduate and put on that uniform everyday to go to work. This is coming from a 20 yr Army vet so i know what i am talking about...Good luck to you and God bless.

Comment

• Originally posted by FederalDesi View Post
                So my ethnicity is from India, and I received that email as well, I took the test last month and haven't received my tsl yet do you think my ability to speak 2 of those languages on that list will help my chances?
                Its possible as long as you meet all the other qualifications. They will probably have you take a test to confirm your abilities first, but i would think it would speed up process somewhat. Dont expect it to happen within a few weeks though...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                  I was wondering that myself. Good to hear. I am just waiting on my poly to clear and i should be good to go. I have a cleared BI already. It has been almost 3 weeks since my poly.

Don't worry about leaving the family. The time will go by fast. I spent 2 yrs away from mine with deployments to Iraq. At least you are stateside. If hired, I am planning on letting my wife and child stay with family while I am in the academy to save money. It keeps them occupied. I am just going to store my household goods. Might be something to think about if financially possible. Like i said the 4 or 5 months will fly by and you are doing it to provide your family with a better quality of life and you and your wife will feel proud when you graduate and put on that uniform everyday to go to work. This is coming from a 20 yr Army vet so i know what i am talking about...Good luck to you and God bless.
                  Your poly cleared or you just met with your investigator? Man, I'm starting to regret choosing SWB. If I knew you could go so fast through SE I would have chosen that haha

Comment

Your poly cleared or you just met with your investigator? Man, I'm starting to regret choosing SWB. If I knew you could go so fast through SE I would have chosen that haha
                    Swb is the fastest way no doubt 98% of the time. Lol I just through that percentage out there lol. But Usually things look like they are going fast until you hit the bi. Thats when the real waiting begins. All other geos take even longer.

Comment

Most of my stuff transferred from a previous announcement. I have a background that already cleared but with the new announcement i had to take a polygraph to get the green check. I am just waiting for IA to get the results of my poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                        Swb is the fastest way no doubt 98% of the time. Lol I just through that percentage out there lol. But Usually things look like they are going fast until you hit the bi. Thats when the real waiting begins. All other geos take even longer.
                        thats not necessarily true. When i switched to Georgia preference in southeast, I received my TSL 1and 2 in June of 2011 and got an offer for Atlanta in November 2011. I just didnt take it because i had just moved to Tennessee with a new job and was trying to buy a house. I had started the process from scratch.

Comment

• My fitness level is great, I do Crossfit- have you heard of it? Unfortunately, running is my weakest because I have chronic shin splints. I can make the time for the 1.5, but I have to practice some sprinting this week (haven't done much of it). I can do push ups and sit ups all day long :-)

Originally posted by Fer View Post
                          Congratz! You be in fletc 2 weeks after me. Make sure u get ready for pft2. How's your fitness level?
                          GEO: Midwest
                          Written Exam: 12/10/10
                          NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                          TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                          VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                          PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                          Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                          BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                          Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                          Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                          Polygraph: 5/11/12
                          Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                          Met with BI: 7/27/12
                          Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                          PFT2: 9/4/12
                          EOD: 9/24/12
                          FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoplepeople View Post
                            Congrats Lang2! Did you ever meet with your background investigator?
                            Thanks! Yes, I met with him July 27th and already received the call!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                              Yeah, his timeline said that he met with the investigator back in July.
                              HER timeline ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post

Same to you! Thanks for the information and encouraging words. I hope I have a husband before a wife! Girl power! :-)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9740 users online. 454 members and 9286 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X