300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acosta87 View Post
    Hang in there... I feel the same way...its hard, but be strong...this will be a life changing experience, but it will be worth it . It really helps me to think about all the good things that will come. Just remember stay positive
    Amen to that Acosta...

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoplepeople View Post
      Yes i would trust that person. A history of alcohol abuse would have no effect on ones safety with a gun.
      I'm not surprised.

You made an attempt to brush out some of your past quotes. They were real dozies.

Let's go back to ole number one, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplepeople View Post
      I just had to fill out my medical forms. I had to disclose that I am taking medication for possible schizophrenia. I have been hospitalized twice in the past. I am 100% ok now on my medication. I also had to disclose I was in rehab for alcohol. Will any of this disqualify me from the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoplepeople View Post
        Yes i would trust that person. A history of alcohol abuse would have no effect on ones safety with a gun.
        It could affect judgement. I applaud you for going to rehab and working on your problems, but the fact that one abused alcohol could disqualify one from the process. They might take it on a case by case basis though, so you never know. I don't think it's the fact that the person abused alcohol in the past as much as it would be the fear that the person would abuse alcohol again, and God forbid go to work intoxicated.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPat83 View Post
          Hey guys, I just received a letter from equifax today stating that "we furnished a copy of your credit file for employment purposes.". I was just wondering if anyone knows if this means that my BI has begun even though I haven't met with my investigator. Also, a co-worker of mine had a Poly a few days ago and he was told that they are expediting vets for an October class...grain of salt of course...

GEO-Florida and Caribbean
          Test- April 2012- 102(5pt. vet pref.)
          Tent. Sel. - June 2012
          Fitness- June 2012- Passed
          Medical- July 2012-Passed
          VBT- July 2012- Passed
          Quals- GS-7
          I had my credit pulled a couple of months ago and still haven't met with the BI. I'm sure it means they started your investigation, but by no means does it indicate that they are near finishing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valross View Post
            Thanks S.O.S.! I actually didn't feel great about the VBT. It was kind of awkward and strange talking to a TV, but I got through it alright. Also, I did have my SI afterward so that's a good sign, and I felt very good about that part. Just gotta wait for that green check now Good luck to you as well!
            I know what you mean, I sat in the waiting room thinking to myself that I must have looked like an idiot on the video tape hehe. I waited for 50 min, dreading the worst the whole time, then then they called for my name and had me do the interview. I know I could've done better and blown it out of the water, but I guess I did well enough to pass. I will wait anxiously for that green check now, Good luck to us both
            BPA
            Applied (CA): 08/02/11
            TSU: 01/03/13
            The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
            Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
            Written Test: 04/19/12
            NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
            TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
            Pre-Employment forms: Completed
            Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
            PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
            Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
            VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
            Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
            Background Investigation: Completed
            Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
            BI Meeting: 12/20/12
            TSU: 12/27/12
            The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• So Fer, I'm glad this old lady will be in the same class with you being that you are a fitness trainer!! I need extra help due to the fact that I have way more gray hair (but you never will see it)than anyone on this forum!! lol!! Congrats passing the pft2 test!! I'm so happy for you!!
              Acosta- congrats, we will all be in class together!! I can't wait to meet both of you!!

And last- to the female having problems doing pushups, I tried and tried doing pushups and couldnt get them AT ALL!!! NO matter what I did I was struggling. I was fortunate to be able to hire a trainer that trains NFL players and he said most women are weak in the upper body area. He started working my upper body (chest, triceps, back , biceps) and it was amazing how much stronger i got. Before I knew it I was doing pushups with no problem. Of course I wasn't doing 50+ but i did enough to pass my pft2 test. Get your upper body stronger and the pushups will come easier to you! I hope my advice helps as I was in that same boat once! Good luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
                I got offered Chicago today, I feel really selfish for crying because I know many of you were like me (just yesterday) dying for the call. I need some words of encouragement, having hard time leaving my family! This is going to change my life so much!
                Congrats Lang! I'm sure it's a tough situation but just remember what a great opportunity this is. It's always good to see a fellow 12/2010 tester finally get the call. When is your EOD?
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by S.O.S. View Post
                  Hey, Congrats lang2! You have been waiting for this offer ever since 2010, so you deserve a cry and I don't even think that's enough to express the moment lol! I can feel you! Your family will understand, you have a bright future ahead of you now man! and I am sure leaving your family is hard, but this job can shape you into a totally different person which by the time you go back to your family they will be proud of you!!

For many of us who have applied this position and dying waiting for the (LAST) green checks or the call to come, the waiting might be dreadful and sometimes even hopeless but lang2 has shown us that as long as we do not give up the job process, the job will not give up us! So keep your head up and !!
                  Thanks! That means a lot, definitely needed to hear it!
                  GEO: Midwest
                  Written Exam: 12/10/10
                  NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                  TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                  VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                  PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                  Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                  BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                  Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                  Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                  Polygraph: 5/11/12
                  Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                  Met with BI: 7/27/12
                  Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                  PFT2: 9/4/12
                  EOD: 9/24/12
                  FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by acosta87 View Post
                    Hang in there... I feel the same way...its hard, but be strong...this will be a life changing experience, but it will be worth it . It really helps me to think about all the good things that will come. Just remember stay positive
                    Thank you for that message!! Good luck to you!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                      Congrats Lang! I'm sure it's a tough situation but just remember what a great opportunity this is. It's always good to see a fellow 12/2010 tester finally get the call. When is your EOD?
                      Yeah, it sure felt like it was never going to get here!
                      EOD 9/24, FLETC 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                        So Fer, I'm glad this old lady will be in the same class with you being that you are a fitness trainer!! I need extra help due to the fact that I have way more gray hair (but you never will see it)than anyone on this forum!! lol!! Congrats passing the pft2 test!! I'm so happy for you!!
                        Acosta- congrats, we will all be in class together!! I can't wait to meet both of you!!

And last- to the female having problems doing pushups, I tried and tried doing pushups and couldnt get them AT ALL!!! NO matter what I did I was struggling. I was fortunate to be able to hire a trainer that trains NFL players and he said most women are weak in the upper body area. He started working my upper body (chest, triceps, back , biceps) and it was amazing how much stronger i got. Before I knew it I was doing pushups with no problem. Of course I wasn't doing 50+ but i did enough to pass my pft2 test. Get your upper body stronger and the pushups will come easier to you! I hope my advice helps as I was in that same boat once! Good luck!!
                        Thank you so much! You are right about the upper body! There's a member here twink that we been training together and she can pull easy 57 to 60 push ups in 1 min and I'm pretty sure she be in the 11 min in the 1.5 easy! So yes u guys can, there's no excuses! :-)

Comment

• Just thought I'd let everyone know, my BI is still pending in CASS and got the call today...

Comment

• Y caraqueno was not either on that list. I was disapointed. no joda

Comment

Just thought I'd let everyone know, my BI is still pending in CASS and got the call today...
                              Congratz! You be in fletc 2 weeks after me. Make sure u get ready for pft2. How's your fitness level?

Comment

Just thought I'd let everyone know, my BI is still pending in CASS and got the call today...
                                Looks like we are getting a repeat of what happened last year. They are pushing to get as many people EOD dates before end of fiscal year. So some may get the call before they are green lighted in CASS. I can only hope I'm one of those this time around. Thanks for the info Lang, good to know.
                                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                                Score:9X.XX%
                                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8505 users online. 401 members and 8104 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X