Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got offered Chicago today, I feel really selfish for crying because I know many of you were like me (just yesterday) dying for the call. I need some words of encouragement, having hard time leaving my family! This is going to change my life so much!
    GEO: Midwest
    Written Exam: 12/10/10
    NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
    TO/TSL: 1/9/12
    VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
    PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
    Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
    BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
    Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
    Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
    Polygraph: 5/11/12
    Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
    Met with BI: 7/27/12
    Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
    PFT2: 9/4/12
    EOD: 9/24/12
    FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by S.O.S. View Post
      Hey Valross! Thanks for letting me know, I am really glad to meet someone who shares the same GEO! We may even end up in the same training class in Georgia (with other applicants who share similar timeline). So how was your VBT, I bet you nailed it! and good luck on your pre-employment process!
      Thanks S.O.S.! I actually didn't feel great about the VBT. It was kind of awkward and strange talking to a TV, but I got through it alright. Also, I did have my SI afterward so that's a good sign, and I felt very good about that part. Just gotta wait for that green check now Good luck to you as well!
      CBPO
      Geo: West Coast
      Written Test: 4/19/12
      NOR: 5/25/12 (100 no vet pts)
      TSL1: 6/12/12
      TSL2: 6/13/12
      PFT1: 7/12/12
      Medical: 7/24/12
      VBT & SI: 8/21/12
      Poly: 3/28/13
      BI: In security office
      Drug Test:
      PFT2:
      EOD:

Comment

• Thanks mole and s.o.s. I read the link regarding bi and poly...And I dont agree with past alcohol abuse being grounds for DQ because alcohol is made legal by the us government and it is known to be addicting. Illegal drugs i can understand but not alcohol.
        Last edited by Peoplepeople; 08-24-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
          I got offered Chicago today, I feel really selfish for crying because I know many of you were like me (just yesterday) dying for the call. I need some words of encouragement, having hard time leaving my family! This is going to change my life so much!
          Congrats

Comment

• Lang2, when are your academy dates and how many locations did they offer?
            CBPO
            Geo Pref:Georgia
            NOR:3/07
            T.O:10/08
            1st TSU:6/09
            2nd Fitness test:11/09
            Credit pulled:4/10
            2nd TSU:5/10
            2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
            2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
            2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
            All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Hey guys, I just received a letter from equifax today stating that "we furnished a copy of your credit file for employment purposes.". I was just wondering if anyone knows if this means that my BI has begun even though I haven't met with my investigator. Also, a co-worker of mine had a Poly a few days ago and he was told that they are expediting vets for an October class...grain of salt of course...

GEO-Florida and Caribbean
              Test- April 2012- 102(5pt. vet pref.)
              Tent. Sel. - June 2012
              Fitness- June 2012- Passed
              Medical- July 2012-Passed
              VBT- July 2012- Passed
              Quals- GS-7

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
                Lang2, when are your academy dates and how many locations did they offer?
                Academy dates will be October 31-March 15

They ONLY offered Chicago, I was surprised.

Does anyone know if you get a Christmas break for the Academy?
                GEO: Midwest
                Written Exam: 12/10/10
                NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                Polygraph: 5/11/12
                Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                Met with BI: 7/27/12
                Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                PFT2: 9/4/12
                EOD: 9/24/12
                FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoplepeople View Post
                  What do you recommend for someone who can only run for about 5 mins straight then gets tired. I do lift weights and in good shape...just not good at cardio.
                  I recommend you to start slow. Do this and u will be doing less than 15 in no time. Start running your 1.5 miles as fast as you can to see where u standing. For the next week or two do 2 1/2 min running and walk 1 min. Do that for a least 2 miles or 25 min a day(at least 5 days a week) then increase your running time( 4 min)but for now your walking time stays in 1 min... Do that for 2 more weeks. After those 3-4 weeks do the 1.5 miles and check your time again. Remember you can do as many push ups and sit ups but at the end of the day the run is the one that counts. 98% that fail the pft2 is in the 1.5miles. And yes you will have to let the weights go for couple days so you get lighter..
                  Last edited by Fer; 08-24-2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPat83 View Post
                    Hey guys, I just received a letter from equifax today stating that "we furnished a copy of your credit file for employment purposes.". I was just wondering if anyone knows if this means that my BI has begun even though I haven't met with my investigator. Also, a co-worker of mine had a Poly a few days ago and he was told that they are expediting vets for an October class...grain of salt of course...

Your BI starts way before you meet the Investigator.
                    GEO-Florida and Caribbean
                    Test- April 2012- 102(5pt. vet pref.)
                    Tent. Sel. - June 2012
                    Fitness- June 2012- Passed
                    Medical- July 2012-Passed
                    VBT- July 2012- Passed
                    Quals- GS-7

Comment

• Originally posted by JPat83 View Post
                      Hey guys, I just received a letter from equifax today stating that "we furnished a copy of your credit file for employment purposes.". I was just wondering if anyone knows if this means that my BI has begun even though I haven't met with my investigator. Also, a co-worker of mine had a Poly a few days ago and he was told that they are expediting vets for an October class...grain of salt of course...
                      i dont see why they would even say they are expediting vets for October. We still got to go through the whole process. I am a vet and am just waiting on my Poly to clear. It would be great though if true, but i doubt it.
                      Last edited by mnewsom21; 08-24-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoplepeople View Post
                        And I dont agree with past alcohol abuse being grounds for DQ because alcohol is made legal by the us government and it is known to be addicting. Illegal drugs i can understand but not alcohol.
                        would you trust anyone with a firearm to have your back with a history of alcohol abuse? (of course i'm referring to situations i hope will never encounter, but it may happen.)
                        tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                        NOR-11/11
                        TSL- 11/17/11
                        pft1- 12/8/11
                        Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                        Qual- completed 3/12
                        Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                        S I-completed 3/12
                        Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                        Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                        Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                        Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                        new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

I got offered Chicago today, I feel really selfish for crying because I know many of you were like me (just yesterday) dying for the call. I need some words of encouragement, having hard time leaving my family! This is going to change my life so much!
                          Hey, Congrats lang2! You have been waiting for this offer ever since 2010, so you deserve a cry and I don't even think that's enough to express the moment lol! I can feel you! Your family will understand, you have a bright future ahead of you now man! and I am sure leaving your family is hard, but this job can shape you into a totally different person which by the time you go back to your family they will be proud of you!!

For many of us who have applied this position and dying waiting for the (LAST) green checks or the call to come, the waiting might be dreadful and sometimes even hopeless but lang2 has shown us that as long as we do not give up the job process, the job will not give up us! So keep your head up and !!
                          Last edited by S.O.S.; 08-24-2012, 06:14 PM.
                          CBPO
                          GEO: SWB San Ysidro
                          Written Exam: 9/24/15
                          Referred: 10/9/15
                          TSL: 10/13/15
                          Med: 10/15/15
                          NOR: 10/19/15 (100)
                          Qual.: 10/21/15 (GS-5)

Comment

Hang in there... I feel the same way...its hard, but be strong...this will be a life changing experience, but it will be worth it . It really helps me to think about all the good things that will come. Just remember stay positive

Comment

Academy dates will be October 31-March 15

They ONLY offered Chicago, I was surprised.

Does anyone know if you get a Christmas break for the Academy?
                              They'll give you Tues. the 25th off. They might give you Mon. the 24th off...and they might not.
                              Either way if you're planing to travel any distance away from FLETC you might run into issues... like insurmountable issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                                would you trust anyone with a firearm to have your back with a history of alcohol abuse? (of course i'm referring to situations i hope will never encounter, but it may happen.)
                                Yes i would trust that person. A history of alcohol abuse would have no effect on ones safety with a gun.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11241 users online. 458 members and 10783 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X