Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MCLARK84 View Post
    Hello,
    So today I got a letter saying that I got my VBT/SI on Sep. 6, 2012. After this if I pass I will only need drug test, poly, and BI.
    Only That.
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:12/10
    TSl: 5/11
    Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
    Met BI:1/12
    VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
    Drug Test:04/12 Passed
    Qual:cleared 3/12
    Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
    PFT2:
    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by MCLARK84 View Post
      Hello,
      So today I got a letter saying that I got my VBT/SI on Sep. 6, 2012. After this if I pass I will only need drug test, poly, and BI.
      You're kidding thats all you got left! You are lucky..(humorous sarcasm intended)..lol

Comment

• Originally posted by normy0 View Post
        Born and raised! I have been in this process for 4 years and am finally nearing the end of it.
        What is your status in the process? if you don't mind.
        PFT2:
        EOD:

Comment

• A tip for all of you guys!

Get in shape before you take the pft2. Don't wait till last minute to start practicing. You don't want to go all the way and fail at the end. Remember doing your best sometimes is not enought. Go for it and give everything you have and more. I know you guys will do great. I recommend you to start your cardio now even if you just start the process. If you need help you can ask me and I will make sure you pass that pft2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
            What is your status in the process? if you don't mind.

I was orginally an applicant for a location that wasn't a priority. I got sick of waiting so I reapplied for the SWB on the recently closed annoucement. A lot of my steps had expired so I had to redo the med, fitness, interview, quals, and background. Everything has recleared except the interview. I retook my interview about a month ago and expect the results any day now. After that, I hope to get the call shortly thereafter.

PS- It took my background 11 months to clear and only after I picked the SWB did it get expedited. If you are not a SWB applicant, I would expect significant delays in processing your background (could be 12+ months). I just know this because I was a non priority applicant and it can take forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
              You're kidding thats all you got left! You are lucky..(humorous sarcasm intended)..lol
              Oh come on guys, remember how it use to feel when we started getting our first few green checks. How we thought we are blowing through the process then we hit the BI WALL! Let him savor the moments right now he doesn't have to be bitter like us yet lol. Mclark84 its good you only have those three left, the only bad thing is that the BI is what takes the longest to clear. Hopefully for you it doesn't take as long as mine is. Good luck and just be patient.
              Last edited by Rms16; 08-24-2012, 11:33 AM.
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

I was orginally an applicant for a location that wasn't a priority. I got sick of waiting so I reapplied for the SWB on the recently closed annoucement. A lot of my steps had expired so I had to redo the med, fitness, interview, quals, and background. Everything has recleared except the interview. I retook my interview about a month ago and expect the results any day now. After that, I hope to get the call shortly thereafter.

PS- It took my background 11 months to clear and only after I picked the SWB did it get expedited. If you are not a SWB applicant, I would expect significant delays in processing your background (could be 12+ months). I just know this because I was a non priority applicant and it can take forever!
                That is a Sad story I am SWB, and my BI started on Jan-2012, and the Drug test was on April-2012 as you see in my signature. I am Still waiting Are you training at the gym or out side?
                Last edited by Shark; 08-24-2012, 11:57 AM. Reason: some typo :)
                PFT2:
                EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                  That is a Sad story I am SWB, and my BI started on Jan-2012, and the Drug test was on April-2012 as you see in my signature. I am Still waiting Are you training at the gym or out side?
                  I train at a gym in the north hills. If I really feel like running, I will run North Park. Although, it has been pretty disgustingly humid this summer. What about you?

Comment

I train at a gym in the north hills. If I really feel like running, I will run North Park. Although, it has been pretty disgustingly humid this summer. What about you?
                    I am new here in Pittsburgh and I don't know too much places around here, so I am going to the gym and some times to Greentree Park or Schendley Park.
                    PFT2:
                    EOD:

Comment

• I passed my VBT/SI at JFK yesterday. CBP has a good magazine called Frontline which I read in the waiting room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                        A tip for all of you guys!

Get in shape before you take the pft2. Don't wait till last minute to start practicing. You don't want to go all the way and fail at the end. Remember doing your best sometimes is not enought. Go for it and give everything you have and more. I know you guys will do great. I recommend you to start your cardio now even if you just start the process. If you need help you can ask me and I will make sure you pass that pft2.
                        What do you recommend for someone who can only run for about 5 mins straight then gets tired. I do lift weights and in good shape...just not good at cardio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoplepeople View Post
                          I passed my VBT/SI at JFK yesterday. CBP has a good magazine called Frontline which I read in the waiting room.
                          Good news Peoplep... congrat...
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

What do you recommend for someone who can only run for about 5 mins straight then gets tired. I do lift weights and in good shape...just not good at cardio.
                            less weights and more cardio.

start with an elliptical to get the time of cardio up.
                            tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                            NOR-11/11
                            TSL- 11/17/11
                            pft1- 12/8/11
                            Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                            Qual- completed 3/12
                            Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                            S I-completed 3/12
                            Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                            Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                            Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                            Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                            new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

I passed my VBT/SI at JFK yesterday. CBP has a good magazine called Frontline which I read in the waiting room.
                              Congrats!!
                              CBPO
                              GEO: SWB San Ysidro
                              Written Exam: 9/24/15
                              Referred: 10/9/15
                              TSL: 10/13/15
                              Med: 10/15/15
                              NOR: 10/19/15 (100)
                              Qual.: 10/21/15 (GS-5)

Comment

• Hey guys! Here are some useful information regarding the background investigation and the polygraph exam:

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...po_bi_poly.pdf
                                CBPO
                                GEO: SWB San Ysidro
                                Written Exam: 9/24/15
                                Referred: 10/9/15
                                TSL: 10/13/15
                                Med: 10/15/15
                                NOR: 10/19/15 (100)
                                Qual.: 10/21/15 (GS-5)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4506 users online. 228 members and 4278 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X