X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    check this list of land border crossings:

http://apps.cbp.gov/bwt/
    If I'm not mistaken Newark and JFK cover all the downstate airports like Stewart and that one out on Long Island. I work in the maritime industry and I can't think of another port outside of NY/NJ... well there are some small bulk ports down the NJ coast but I'd be amazed if they had their own dedicated CBPO contingents.

I'm guessing it's gotta be up on the northern border.

Comment

• Originally posted by vic1218 View Post
      LOL, yeah I hope so. When I applied they listed Michigan as a critical need area and the process would move along faster than the other areas so hopefully that's the case.

You do realize that with the possible exception of being issued a TO sooner, the processes of hiring on in a 'critical need area' are going to go no faster than applications for anywhere else?

Comment

• Imlikeaninja,

Below are the choices for ports:

234 - New York City/JFK Airport, NY

263 - New York-Buffalo (includes but not limited to Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse)

264 - New York-All Other Locations (includes but not limited to Albany, Alexandria Bay, Champlain, and Ogdensburg)

Did you ask to work in New York City or JFK? I would try again and ask to change your preference to "New York City", and see what happens. I would recommend trying this email... [email protected]

You may not be able to change your preference because when you applied the vacancy was only open for certain locations.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
          Imlikeaninja,

Below are the choices for ports:

234 - New York City/JFK Airport, NY

263 - New York-Buffalo (includes but not limited to Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse)

264 - New York-All Other Locations (includes but not limited to Albany, Alexandria Bay, Champlain, and Ogdensburg)

Did you ask to work in New York City or JFK? I would try again and ask to change your preference to "New York City", and see what happens. I would recommend trying this email... [email protected]

You may not be able to change your preference because when you applied the vacancy was only open for certain locations.
          Facilities And Crossings
          Name: Buffalo/Niagara International Airport
          Phone: (716) 632-4727
          Operational Hours: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM(Eastern)
          Saturday
          8:00 AM-4:00 PM(Eastern)
          Sunday
          8:00 AM-5:00 PM(Eastern)
          Weekdays (Monday-Friday)

Name: Lewiston Bridge Complex
          Phone: (716) 282-1500
          Operational Hours: Twenty Four (24) Hours A Day
          Seven Days A Week (7)

Name: Niagara Falls Airport
          Phone: (716) 282-1400
          Operational Hours: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM(Eastern)
          Seven Days A Week (7)

Name: Peace Bridge
          Phone: (716) 881-5225
          Seven Days A Week (7)

Name: Rainbow Bridge
          Phone: (716) 284-5174
          Seven Days A Week (7)

Name: Whirlpool Bridge
          Phone: (716) 278-0200
          Operational Hours: 7:00 AM-11:00 PM(Eastern)
          Seven Days A Week (7)

Comment

• NY-all other locations will most likely put you in A-Bay or Champlain.

Comment

• If you really want this job you should apply to a airport or port with "many vacancies" If you apply to one of the cities with "few vacancies" you will be waiting a long time. Some airports and ports post "critical need" that's your best chance of being hired. You have to be willing to move if you really want to get in. Atleast that's my experience here in Ca. When the CBP position opens up here they post for all cities, however, Some smaller cities like Sacramento or Fresno are hiring 1-2 officers while cities along the southern Border, L.A. area and San Francisco are hiring 40-60 officers (give or take) I am not sure if this applies to the rest of the country. Here in Ca, people really want the smaller city, but 100's of people are applying for one or two positions. Better chance with the bigger city.
              Last edited by ifoCBP; 09-05-2008, 02:01 PM. Reason: add

Comment

• Vbt

Originally posted by CUJEN View Post
                Did you get your results the day of your test?
                Well, how did your VBT go?

Comment

• Does anybody know the locations for the East TX GEO
                  Last edited by Scorp58; 09-05-2008, 02:09 PM.
                  CBPO
                  TESTED: 8/21 Pharr, TX
                  NOR: 8/25 - 90 (NO VET)
                  GEO PREFERENCE - East, TX
                  CASS: 9/23
                  TO: 9/23
                  MEDICAL & FITNESS: 10/27
                  VBT: 11/7
                  BI:CLEARED
                  MEDICAL:PENDING DUE TO LASIK:1/9/09
                  LASIK POST-OP MAILED IN:4/12/09
                  MEDICAL: CLEARED
                  TSU: 5/1/09

Comment

• "Critical needs" is more or less a crap shoot as well.
                    Critical needs has always been more about the hiring center's need for more applications for various locations than for any real world need to fill particular job openings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorp58 View Post
                      Does anybody know the locations for the East TX GEO
                      http://apps.cbp.gov/bwt/

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        "Critical needs" is more or less a crap shoot as well.
                        Critical needs has always been more about the hiring center's need for more applications for various locations than for any real world need to fill particular job openings.
                        I didn't know that. What I do know if that Calexico, L.A. , Long Beach, San Francisco, are always hiring. Also, the hiring process for these cities are much shorter (around 6 months) However, these same cities can't keep people. They are always hiring because people are always leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                          I didn't know that. What I do know if that Calexico, L.A. , Long Beach, San Francisco, are always hiring. Also, the hiring process for these cities are much shorter (around 6 months) However, these same cities can't keep people. They are always hiring because people are always leaving.
                          I've been in the process for a year now.... LA/Long Beach... and have seen a couple of other people here that tested at the same time I did take almost a year!... So, as to how many people they were looking for in these ports it was 100 for LAX and 50 for Long Beach (that was Sept. 07'). Maybe the other way around though...lol... it's been a freaking year already can't really remember that detail... But, I do know they were looking for 150 people to fill the spots.
                          Last edited by yoda; 09-05-2008, 02:39 PM.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            Well, how did your VBT go?
                            Oh very interesting! I got the hang of it after the first two scenarios, but seriously the beginning was very nerve racking I wasn't sure what to expect.

The officers afterwards said that "it sounds like you used good judgment", I am keeping my fingers crossed that I passed.

Comment

• Thanks barnaj but it only shows the border locations., I know East TX covers Houston, Galveston, but I was wondering what other locations are included.
                              CBPO
                              TESTED: 8/21 Pharr, TX
                              NOR: 8/25 - 90 (NO VET)
                              GEO PREFERENCE - East, TX
                              CASS: 9/23
                              TO: 9/23
                              MEDICAL & FITNESS: 10/27
                              VBT: 11/7
                              BI:CLEARED
                              MEDICAL:PENDING DUE TO LASIK:1/9/09
                              LASIK POST-OP MAILED IN:4/12/09
                              MEDICAL: CLEARED
                              TSU: 5/1/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorp58 View Post
                                Thanks barnaj but it only shows the border locations., I know East TX covers Houston, Galveston, but I was wondering what other locations are included.
                                Oh i thought it should every Mexico/Texas border locale. Not sure what you are looking for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7528 users online. 389 members and 7139 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X