Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by helenyoung View Post
    I'm a female too and just started in the process. Since I see more females here, I'd like to ask for some help/advice. How do you get to do the 20 correct form push-ups? I'm OK with all other tests, but with push-up... It's just so hard for me ( I heard it's hard for females in general?). I started to practice with the 100pushup program a few weeks ago but now I'm still at the preliminary stage (with knees on the floor). Can any female friends please share some good advice on practicing pushups and get quick improvements? Advices from male are also appreciated. I anticipate to have my PFT1 within a month. I'm getting nervous about it.
    Practice every day when i first started I couldn’t even do one push up not even on my knees, But i would try every day and slowly I started to do a couple. I would even practice one every hour lol. also start working out your arms with any other kind of exercises. Did you get the monthly fitness email on pushups? i would practice that and it really worked. If you don’t have it I still do and I can forward it to you...don’t give up trust me you can do it. I hope this helps...feel free to ask more questions

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fer View Post
      It was at 1 in Dallas, just me and a guy, he fail! The run!
      jeez that is late for a fitness test. i bet it was hot as anything unless they had an indoor track.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
        So you got the call two days after meeting your BI? Do you remember if your CASS had all green checks or did you get the call without expecting it?
        Yes I got the call a couple days after I met with the investigator. He told me he had to turn it in by the 14th of August one day before my pft2. I’m guessing everything went okay I received my final offer on the 16th. I would hardly check my CASS so I’m not really sure, but the call was totally unexpected

        Comment


        • Hopefully, I spoke with Comprehensive Medical, the company that did the medical for Customs, last friday and they told me that on Monday 8/20 they were going to send the information to Minneapolis.


          Originally posted by S.O.S. View Post
          Yup, that is great! I've noticed your medical exam is still pending, you should be getting a green check soon.


          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          CBPO
          Duty Location: West Coast
          Written Exam: taken on 04/19/2012
          NOR (Notice of Result - Written Exam): 05/25/2012 (98 W/O veteran preference points)
          TSL1 (Tentative Selection Letter 1): Received on 06/12/2012
          TSL2 (Tentative Selection Letter 2): Received on 06/13/2012
          Pre-Employment Forms (uploaded agreements on USA Test Manager on 06/05/2012 and E-QIP and Fingerprint cards on 06/20/2012): Pending
          Qualifications (applied as GS-5): Pending
          Medical Exam (taken on 07/30/2012): completed 08/21/2012
          VBT/SI (taken on 08/08/2012): Pending
          Drug Screening: Pending
          Background Investigation: Pending
          Fitness - PFT1 (taken on 07/16/2012): completed 07/24/2012
          BPA
          Applied (CA): 08/02/11
          TSU: 01/03/13
          The Call: 02/01/13

          CBPO
          Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
          Written Test: 04/19/12
          NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
          TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
          Pre-Employment forms: Completed
          Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
          PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
          Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
          VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
          Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
          Background Investigation: Completed
          Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
          BI Meeting: 12/20/12
          TSU: 12/27/12
          The Call: 02/01/13

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
            Weekend warrior, it can be a little frustrating, but the end result will be that much sweeter bc of it. Have you spoken to your investigator yet? Is that the last thing you're waiting on?
            I know just frustrating as you said, but yes i met with my investigator a few months ago and he already called me to tell me that he has submitted his report. IA said I need a poly and they will schedule me shortly, but it's been almost 2 months now... :/

            Comment


            • Originally posted by djarmpit View Post
              Finally I can post! Did anyone else here recently take the test on 8/16?!
              Hey, can you be more specific?
              CBPO
              GEO: SWB San Ysidro
              Written Exam: 9/24/15
              Referred: 10/9/15
              TSL: 10/13/15
              Med: 10/15/15
              NOR: 10/19/15 (100)
              Qual.: 10/21/15 (GS-5)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by helenyoung View Post
                I'm a female too and just started in the process. Since I see more females here, I'd like to ask for some help/advice. How do you get to do the 20 correct form push-ups? I'm OK with all other tests, but with push-up... It's just so hard for me ( I heard it's hard for females in general?). I started to practice with the 100pushup program a few weeks ago but now I'm still at the preliminary stage (with knees on the floor). Can any female friends please share some good advice on practicing pushups and get quick improvements? Advices from male are also appreciated. I anticipate to have my PFT1 within a month. I'm getting nervous about it.

                Hi!

                I don't really Believe in its harder for females to do pushups I think with a little practice both male and female, you will be able to reach your goal. I did 55 pushups in a minute on my pft1. All you have to do is practice little by little (pushups the right form) start by doing 5 and everyday increase it by 2 or 3. If your pft is coming up soon I'd reccomend you start practicing ASAP never never do it the "female" way. Let me know how it goes! Because of you increase little by little, when it's time for the test, you will do just fine
                CBPO SWB
                Application: 3/28/12
                Exam: 4/26/12
                NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                TSL: 6/12/12
                TSL2: 6/13/12
                Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12


                "To switch, or not to switch"

                Comment


                • Greetings,

                  Does anyone know about how many CBP Officers they are planning on hiring this year?

                  Thanks

                  Comment


                  • I am now officially out of the cass database

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by acosta87 View Post
                      Yes I got the call a couple days after I met with the investigator. He told me he had to turn it in by the 14th of August one day before my pft2. I’m guessing everything went okay I received my final offer on the 16th. I would hardly check my CASS so I’m not really sure, but the call was totally unexpected
                      Wow Acosta you are definetly not the norm. I'm assuming you took your poly before you met your investigator? It sounds like you were given an interim clearance bc of the poly. I am extremely jealous lol.
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

                      NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                      PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
                        I know just frustrating as you said, but yes i met with my investigator a few months ago and he already called me to tell me that he has submitted his report. IA said I need a poly and they will schedule me shortly, but it's been almost 2 months now... :/
                        IA told me last Friday that my file has been sent out to set an appointment for a poly. Asked if that meant my BI had cleared already and all I needed was the poly. She sounded unsure and said something to the extent that the poly meant I was moving foward in the process. I think she had no idea if my BI had cleared or not. More questions then answers lol. Heard another guy on here got his poly scheduled on Monday in DC and anybody with in an 8 hour driving distance would be going there to take it. I was just curious why he got it scheduled and I didn't. He was from Newark figured since we are so close I would get that call soon as well, still waiting though. I would rather have a call with an EOD though lol.
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

                        NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                        PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                          jeez that is late for a fitness test. i bet it was hot as anything unless they had an indoor track.
                          It was indoor with AC , feels really good, but it was 12 3/4 laps indoors! 200 meters track!
                          Last edited by Fer; 08-22-2012, 09:50 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                            Wow Acosta you are definetly not the norm. I'm assuming you took your poly before you met your investigator? It sounds like you were given an interim clearance bc of the poly. I am extremely jealous lol.
                            Yeah i took the polygraph a few months ago...I did have to sign a paper which says something about entering on duty before the completion of my background. Its called a provisional clear well thats what the form says lol

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by acosta87 View Post
                              Yeah i took the polygraph a few months ago...I did have to sign a paper which says something about entering on duty before the completion of my background. Its called a provisional clear well thats what the form says lol
                              This means that if they find anything in your BI while you're at FLETC... you'll be sent home. It's called an Interim Clearance.
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by acosta87 View Post
                                Yeah i took the polygraph a few months ago...I did have to sign a paper which says something about entering on duty before the completion of my background. Its called a provisional clear well thats what the form says lol
                                I will c u at academy!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10037 users online. 467 members and 9570 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X