Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone on here know how to get reinstated as a CBPO if you resign?

Can you apply for reinstatement a few months later? Do you have to wait for a new hiring announcement on USAJOBS? Can you apply for a new port?

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
      Hey guys. It took me a while to build up the courage to come back here and finally say this: I'm out of the process. Sadly, I can't talk about the technicalities of the results since I did sign a confidentiality waver. I was 100% truthful during the whole process. It just wasn't meant to be. God bless you all and keep me in your prayers.
      Iamwolf, I'm sorry to hear that man. Pointmain8 is right don't give up on your dream though. I can understand how you feel i would be really upset if this happned to me. This is what I'm worried about, getting this far in the process almost at the end and then getting booted after being 100% truthful. I know you can't tell us much and by no means am I asking you to break your agreement or gain any insight to the poly, but I was wondering if you're able to tell us how long after the poly did they let you know the results? Was it in letter form?
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
        Does anyone on here know how to get reinstated as a CBPO if you resign?

Can you apply for reinstatement a few months later? Do you have to wait for a new hiring announcement on USAJOBS? Can you apply for a new port?
        If you resign before your probation is over you'll have to reapply as a new hire... I'm not quite sure how it would work after you've achieved permanent status and possibly a higher pay grade than 7.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
          No you are not done. I did the same thing in November. I reapplied in March also and received my TSL in June. All of my stuff transferred over. I am just waiting on my BI to go green. The only additional thing I had to do was take the Poly which i did on Aug 8. Now I am approaching the 1 yr mark for my physical, but that is a self certification form they send you that you fill out and send back. All your stuff will transfer as long as it is not expired. You will take a poly if you haven't already though. It is mandatory now. Good luck.
          Ok thats sounds good. I see you received a high score so thats probably why your received a TO soon after you reapplied. I am still waiting to get back in the game I am actively "in line" so I hope it wont be much longer! I received an 80 and reapplied for the SWB. My first round took me 4 months to get the process started...who knows how long this time around. Now I wait....

Comment

Hey guys. It took me a while to build up the courage to come back here and finally say this: I'm out of the process. Sadly, I can't talk about the technicalities of the results since I did sign a confidentiality waver. I was 100% truthful during the whole process. It just wasn't meant to be. God bless you all and keep me in your prayers.
            Sorry to hear that a great person is out of this!

Comment

Hey guys. It took me a while to build up the courage to come back here and finally say this: I'm out of the process. Sadly, I can't talk about the technicalities of the results since I did sign a confidentiality waver. I was 100% truthful during the w
              hole process. It just wasn't meant to be. God bless you all and keep me in your prayers.
              Sry to hear...
              Did you receive a NOPA and have to write a response in letter format? Or did they straight out tell you, you're finished? And this was after your poly?

Comment

It's always heartbreaking when you have your goals set on something then you are so close and it all end in disappointment, I know how you are feeling I have been down that road before you just have to be strong and courageous, I know it hurts but you going to come back even better and more prepared in what ever avenue you decide to follow, just have faith in God, yourself and the system and choose your path.......good luck my friend stay positive

Comment

• Step of Faith

Today was a busy day! Early this morning we heard that King Herod killed John the Baptist. Jesus seemed to take this news pretty hard; "When Jesus heard what had happened, He withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place" (Matthew 14:13). I knew He wanted to be alone, but the crowds kept following Him. Soon there were "about five thousand men, besides women and children" (Matthew 14:21). When it started to get late we tried to send the people home, but Jesus had everyone sit down and He fed them with "five loaves of bread and two fish" (Matthew 14:17). What a day!!

Finally, Jesus sent us across the Sea of Galilee; "After leaving them, He went up on a mountain to pray" (Mark 6:46). I'm glad Jesus is getting some time alone, but I wish He was here right now. It's dark and the waves are so high. Wait, there's something out there; something, or someone, walking on the water; "It's a ghost, they said, and cried out in fear" (Matthew 6:26). No, I think it's Jesus!

Matthew 14:28-29
                  "'Lord, if it's You,' Peter replied, 'tell me to come to You on the water.' 'Come,' He said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus."

When we read these stories in the Bible we often forget that these were ordinary people involved in something very extra-ordinary. When Peter took that first step onto the water, there was nothing within his physical senses which told him the water would hold. The boat was being tossed by the wind and waves, and Peter certainly had many past experiences which told him that heavy objects sink in water - telling him his step would fail.

But Peter KNEW Jesus. He had spent time with Jesus - he walked with Him, talked with Him, prayed with Him, and witnessed His miracles. Peter knew the face of Jesus and knew His voice. He knew if Jesus said "Come," He would also provide a way for him to follow. Jesus made the water solid, but only when and where Peter stepped - only after he stepped out in faith and in response to the call.

The step of faith is needed for any situation which requires a solution beyond what our physical senses can understand. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:1). The situation may be related to relationships, finances, jobs, or ministry opportunities. But it may also be related to raising children, challenges at school, the apparent inability to forgive, or anything else which requires us to operate outside the comfort of the boat.

God calls us to a life of faith. We must spend quality time with our Lord so we can recognize His voice. But when God says "Come," our only response is to step. Our past experiences may scream it's not possible and that we will fail. We may not see solid ground, but we must trust that the One who called will provide the solid foundation. Let's trust Him to provide a way with each and every step of faith!

Have a Christ Centered Day!

Comment

Sorry to hear that. As long as you know in your heart that you did the right things then there is nothing to be ashamed of. Hold your head high and proud and continue on. God closed this door and will open another for you. I remember a while back ago that you stated you were born in Brazil or something like that. I hope they didn't discriminate because of that.

If you are under 37 yrs of age the FBI is taking applications for Special Agent if you are interested. You need a Bachelors to apply. Check out the FBI site. You never know. Good luck to you.

Comment

I am sorry so much IamWolf, you will have better opportunities. It was only one door closed, so many more will be opened. Take your time and do us a favor, come back and tell us whatever you can, everything will help. Boa sorte cara!
                      Geo:SWB
                      CBPO Exam:12/10
                      TSl: 5/11
                      Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                      Met BI:1/12
                      VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                      Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                      Qual:cleared 3/12
                      Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                      PFT2:
                      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                        I'm guessing with both of us in NY we will get the call for the poly around the same time. I just want the call soon so I can get going again. I would have preferred the call for an EOD but hey you take what you can get.

We might meet each other...

Comment

• Hello everyone, i tested last week Weds August 15th, received my NOR this morning....passed with 88

Comment

• Finally CBPO is not currently accepting applications .... Finally . I remember on December 2010 when I applied, that the application says that the application was open for 4 days or 22k applicants .. Let see if finally they call me for any news, whatever is...
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

Comment

• congratulations! now be patient but never stop and be prepared for your future.....
                              PFT2:
                              EOD:

Comment

When did you find out? If recently, it seems like they took a long time to notify you.
                                Gek.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6730 users online. 172 members and 6558 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X