300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
    Did I see on here that someone was heading out for the October 17th class? Just passed my pft2 test today and will be in this class.
    Congrats Cajunchik!

Good to see one of the vets of this site go to FLETC. Hope I can be down there soon.
    Written Test: 3/08
    NOR: 4/08
    TO: 4/08
    Medical: 4/08
    Fitness: 6/08
    VBT: 6/08
    Met with investigator: 10/08
    Received NOPA: 11/08
    Won appeal: 3/09
    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
    New fitness: 7/28/09
    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by ajasso76 View Post
      I will be there as well... Where are you all going to be stationed? I still have my pft2, which is scheduled for next Wednesday, but I am praying that I make it thru! My shins are kicking my butt, but I WILL push thru!

Oops... I'm sorry, Fer, I just realized you put your duty location.
      My pft2 is Wednesday too in Dallas... :-) good luck to you.

Comment

• thanks guys for the responses. I'm still doing a little research to get more input on the situation I'm in (which I posted earlier today). anyways i took another look at the letter i was sent and it said that my VBT was considered my Structured interview, so I'm not sure if that meant that i wasn't scheduled for an interview after the VBT in the first place.. =/ wow this stuff is really stressing me out

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragerian View Post
          thanks guys for the responses. I'm still doing a little research to get more input on the situation I'm in (which I posted earlier today). anyways i took another look at the letter i was sent and it said that my VBT was considered my Structured interview, so I'm not sure if that meant that i wasn't scheduled for an interview after the VBT in the first place.. =/ wow this stuff is really stressing me out

With the information you gave us, I'm pretty sure you failed the VBT. I have seen several people fail it, and they were told the same thing after the video based test. I am very sorry. I believe you can apply for BP without having to wait. You may want to take look into it. Good luck.
          Posting my application timeline below-

CBPO Applicant
          Geographic Location: Southwest (Hoping for the McAllen area)
          Pre Employment Forms 8/2011 (Complete)
          Qualifications 2/2012 (Complete)
          Written Test: 8/2011 (Complete)
          Fitness Test 1 11/2011 (Complete)
          Medical Test 11/2011 (Complete)
          Video Based Test & Structured Interview: 11/2011 (Complete)
          Drug Test: Pending : 05/22/2012 (Complete)
          Background Investigation: Pending Still waiting!

Comment

thanks guys for the responses. I'm still doing a little research to get more input on the situation I'm in (which I posted earlier today). anyways i took another look at the letter i was sent and it said that my VBT was considered my Structured interview, so I'm not sure if that meant that i wasn't scheduled for an interview after the VBT in the first place.. =/ wow this stuff is really stressing me out
            If you were told that the video was going to be sent out for review, then you should be at ease... There are a few places that send it out for review and then they give out the SI if at all. If you were there in the middle of the day and they told you the "crew" was done for the day, then you might have some concern... if it was close to 4pm then not so much.

Best of Luck!
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Ragerian, all the letters are worded that way. It use to be that the SI was nixed and the VBT was the only interview. I'm guessing when they started using both again they never changed the wording of the letter. Yoda is right just hold out wait till you get the letter and see what happens. Hopefully they had to send the video out for review and you will be scheduled for an SI soon.
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                Does anyone know why CBP doesn't require a psychological test as part of the pre-employment hiring process?

Pretty much all LE agencies require them.
                The last portion of your written exam there is a written psychological section

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                  Ragerian, cowboysrule is right that usually means you didn't pass the VBT. I have seen some ppl take it at other times but not many. So keep your hopes up maybe they just didn't have the officers to do the SI that day.
                  No necessarily, VBT is recorded and maybe they did not checked it right away... Who knows, at least I don't and for sure, they didn't said if you passed or not, so you are still alive.. good luck.
                  Last edited by Shark; 08-17-2012, 10:06 AM.
                  Geo:SWB
                  CBPO Exam:12/10
                  TSl: 5/11
                  Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                  Met BI:1/12
                  VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                  Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                  Qual:cleared 3/12
                  Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

Comment

• I thought the last portion of the written exam was the "biographical questionaire".

It specifically says that has no bering on your score.

Comment

• Well I am now being referred to schedule EOD. I am pretty p
                      umped! I am SWB, so how log do you think it will be before I get "the call?"

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                        Does anyone know why CBP doesn't require a psychological test as part of the pre-employment hiring process?

Pretty much all LE agencies require them.
                        who cares....that is just more waiting around.

Comment

• Cajunchik, where is your poe? Wasn't it New Orleans?
                          CBPO
                          Geo Pref:Georgia
                          NOR:3/07
                          T.O:10/08
                          1st TSU:6/09
                          2nd Fitness test:11/09
                          Credit pulled:4/10
                          2nd TSU:5/10
                          2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                          2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                          2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                          All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by 19K2PO View Post
                            Well I am now being referred to schedule EOD. I am pretty p
                            probably Monday or Tuesday.
                            CBPO
                            Geo Pref:Georgia
                            NOR:3/07
                            T.O:10/08
                            1st TSU:6/09
                            2nd Fitness test:11/09
                            Credit pulled:4/10
                            2nd TSU:5/10
                            2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                            2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                            2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                            All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• It has been more than a year ago that I met with my investigator and still no BI check. Called IA and they said that I am up for a poly but did not say when. It could be tomorrow like it could be the end of year. Just hurry up and wait. Just will use this time to improve my fitness.

Comment

• Originally posted by 19K2PO View Post
                                Well I am now being referred to schedule EOD. I am pretty p
                                You will get it I will think for sure, next Wednesday! Keep us update where u going and academy day!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9983 users online. 366 members and 9617 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X