300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ragerian View Post
    hey guys been lurking here for awhile now. finally decided to post. anyways i am in the hiring process and have a few green checks on my cass. today i took my VBT, but was a little nervous, and i am not sure if i did too well..honestly i thought i may have look stupid. what are your thoughts
    Did you also have the structured interview after the vbt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
      congrats! where is your port? can you give us some feedback about your academy life?
      im going to arizona. took leave after the academy. academy was a lot of fun. time flew by. you have some days when youre like ahhhh this place sucks but for me i only had about 2 of those days. i stayed at the taj and had my car so i could leave base whenever i wanted. food was good for the first month and a half MAYBE two months. everyones experience at the academy is different bc of the instructors your with. i had an awesome session supervisor and my TRT instructors were great too. an hour away from jacksonville and savannah.
      Last edited by sbill2442; 08-17-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
        Do you know what happens if you do not do the run in under 15 minutes? And im talking about the 1st pt test. If you dont pass the first pt test what happens?
        had some people in my class that failed the first and second pt test. passed the third one with flying colors tho. when your jobs on the line you get some adrenaline lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbill2442 View Post
          had some people in my class that failed the first and second pt test. passed the third one with flying colors tho. when your jobs on the line you get some adrenaline lol.
          Yea I bet lol. Thanks, good to know.

Comment

Did you also have the structured interview after the vbt?
            No I didn't. An agent came out after I had finished doing a survey, and said that they were done for the day, and that they would get back to me within 2-3 weeks. Do you think that means anything?

Comment

No I didn't. An agent came out after I had finished doing a survey, and said that they were done for the day, and that they would get back to me within 2-3 weeks. Do you think that means anything?
              That usually means that you didnt pass the vbt. Usually if you have the vbt and pass it, you have the structured interview right after.

Comment

Ragerian, cowboysrule is right that usually means you didn't pass the VBT. I have seen some ppl take it at other times but not many. So keep your hopes up maybe they just didn't have the officers to do the SI that day.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                  I got good news and I got bad news. I finally met my background investigator. I was waking up in the morning and there she was, asking me all types of questions and whatnot. I went to the bathroom to freshen up and she started to leave. I ran after her but it was too late she was already out the front door.

Then I woke up and realized it was a dream. I check CASS again (since it's a Thursday) and still no update. Oh well, I guess it's back to reality. Happy Thursday to you all. lol
                  That is crazy man. I figured you were dreaming bc why would she be waking you up? Haha I was like what did she break in? Haha that is a crazy dream and such a tease. Sorry Iamwolf it will happen soon don't worry. Hey look at me I've already met mine and I'm still waiting over a year later so meeting your investigator isn't everything lol.
                  List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Did I see on here that someone was heading out for the October 17th class? Just passed my pft2 test today and will be in this class.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                      well you must have one crazy background since you met your BI over a year ago..lol Maybe we will clear at the same time and be at FLETC together...lol come on Tuesday
                      I don't know it's driving me nuts though. I have a lot of family living out of country and my wife was born in Colombia. On the other side I have great credit, great work history, all ex-employers and references spoke very highly of me, as did everybody my investigator spoke to. Hey you never know maybe we will meet at fletc, I just hope that its soon.
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Does anyone know why CBP doesn't require a psychological test as part of the pre-employment hiring process?

Pretty much all LE agencies require them.

Comment

That usually means that you didnt pass the vbt. Usually if you have the vbt and pass it, you have the structured interview right after.
                          Well I hope that isn't the case =/ I've read in past posts that there were cases where the SI and the VBT took place on seperate occassions. I guess I'll stay optimistic since the officer did say that the crew was done for the day

Comment

• Originally posted by sbill2442 View Post
                            im going to arizona. took leave after the academy. academy was a lot of fun. time flew by. you have some days when youre like ahhhh this place sucks but for me i only had about 2 of those days. i stayed at the taj and had my car so i could leave base whenever i wanted. food was good for the first month and a half MAYBE two months. everyones experience at the academy is different bc of the instructors your with. i had an awesome session supervisor and my TRT instructors were great too. an hour away from jacksonville and savannah.
                            Where in Arizona? I'm going to Nogales! EOD sept 10

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                              Did I see on here that someone was heading out for the October 17th class? Just passed my pft2 test today and will be in this class.
                              Yep is me! I be down there Oct 17! Finally someone other than me! :-) I c u there brother!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                                Yep is me! I be down there Oct 17! Finally someone other than me! :-) I c u there brother!
                                I will be there as well... Where are you all going to be stationed? I still have my pft2, which is scheduled for next Wednesday, but I am praying that I make it thru! My shins are kicking my butt, but I WILL push thru!

Oops... I'm sorry, Fer, I just realized you put your duty location.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7841 users online. 451 members and 7390 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X