300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
    I'm currently considering changing my Geo from NY to SWB because I'm a recent graduate and I don't want to be another person doing nothing with a degree. My question is about how soon would they call for the PFT 1 and SI? and when they do call all the testing would be somewhere in the SWB right. They wouldn't give me a direct port for the process to continue on?
    i am in the process and from NJ and all my stuff has been within the area up here as yoda mentioned and it is a big difference if you havent been out there especially if your used to the city. Also don't think about it as "another person doing nothing with a degree" because if you get the job and your out in the SWB and your unhappy you are now "another unhappy person with a degree wishing they did something else." especially your a recent graduate and eager to start working or have friends getting a real job. been there done that, i just hit the start of my 3 yrs since graduation. It goes fast and your still young some people don't get on until their late 20's/30's.

For me, i wanted to go to the SWB because i have been out that way a few times for a couple weeks visiting people (friends, family). I am only 25 and not married, no kids and I don't mind a change of pace. My family is mainly here on the east coast a few in AZ, CA and a few friends in TX, but anyone would be a phone call away or a fairly quick plane ride to visit.

If you read back thru the thread you will see some people waiting 2-5years for a job in their area, but would half of them change their mind and go somewhere else? probably not, they are still close to friends and family and they found a way to make an honest living in the meantime. It is not worth rushing thru everything and then regreting it later or wishing you did something else instead. Take one day at a time and there is plenty of time to "put your degree to good use".
    CBPO
    App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
    Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
    ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
    APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
    PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
    Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
    Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
      What about Background Investigation?
      I'm not sure about the BI, I'm still working on getting it cleared the first time haha. So I'm not sure I think Yoda said a while ago it was good for two years. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not 100% sure. Ya taking the pft1 one day then the pft2 next day would probably never happen, but that would be crazy if it did haha. Mnewsom21 you are definetly not the only one that could use a green check for BI right about now. I feel like I've been waiting for it to go green for decades now haha. Yet I wake up every Tuesday and Thursday only to be disappointed. We will see what next Tuesday brings I guess.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
        Shark, when I spoke to MHC they said the only thing I have to worry about expiring was my medical at the one year mark. They said that when that happens I will only need to fill out a re-certification form. As long as nothing major has happened, then med will go green again shortly after you send the form up.
        Thanks Rms16, good to know that. when you says ..."As long as nothing major has happened..." getting old every year is an issue? just wondering, man in this long process, it could be an issue lol
        Geo:SWB
        CBPO Exam:12/10
        TSl: 5/11
        Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
        Met BI:1/12
        VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
        Drug Test:04/12 Passed
        Qual:cleared 3/12
        Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
        PFT2:
        EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
          I'm not sure about the BI, I'm still working on getting it cleared the first time haha. So I'm not sure I think Yoda said a while ago it was good for two years. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not 100% sure. Ya taking the pft1 one day then the pft2 next day would probably never happen, but that would be crazy if it did haha. Mnewsom21 you are definetly not the only one that could use a green check for BI right about now. I feel like I've been waiting for it to go green for decades now haha. Yet I wake up every Tuesday and Thursday only to be disappointed. We will see what next Tuesday brings I guess.
          well you must have one crazy background since you met your BI over a year ago..lol Maybe we will clear at the same time and be at FLETC together...lol come on Tuesday

Comment

• I got good news and I got bad news. I finally met my background investigator. I was waking up in the morning and there she was, asking me all types of questions and whatnot. I went to the bathroom to freshen up and she started to leave. I ran after her but it was too late she was already out the front door.

Then I woke up and realized it was a dream. I check CASS again (since it's a Thursday) and still no update. Oh well, I guess it's back to reality. Happy Thursday to you all. lol
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Tuesday it is then....
              BPA
              Applied (CA): 08/02/11
              TSU: 01/03/13
              The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
              Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
              Written Test: 04/19/12
              NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
              TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
              Pre-Employment forms: Completed
              Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
              PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
              Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
              VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
              Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
              Background Investigation: Completed
              Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
              BI Meeting: 12/20/12
              TSU: 12/27/12
              The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                I got good news and I got bad news. I finally met my background investigator. I was waking up in the morning and there she was, asking me all types of questions and whatnot. I went to the bathroom to freshen up and she started to leave. I ran after her but it was too late she was already out the front door.

Then I woke up and realized it was a dream. I check CASS again (since it's a Thursday) and still no update. Oh well, I guess it's back to reality. Happy Thursday to you all. lol
                lol, man you almost killed me... I was thinking about what to write here because is stupid that somebody leave while talking with the B investigator... nice nightmare!!!...
                Geo:SWB
                CBPO Exam:12/10
                TSl: 5/11
                Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                Met BI:1/12
                VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                Qual:cleared 3/12
                Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                PFT2:
                EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                  lol, man you almost killed me... I was thinking about what to write here because is stupid that somebody leave while talking with the B investigator... nice nightmare!!!...
                  Me too! I was about to go off with "why would you do that!?", but man thank god its just a dream!

Comment

• I am very suprised at the speed of which I am going through the process;
                    I took the Exam on July 23 2012
                    Got my NOR 8/1/12
                    TSL 1 8/14/2012
                    TSL 2 8/16/2012
                    Submitted my SF86 8/16/12

Comment

• Pretty good week for me. Two more green checks today (quals and forms). Makes three green checks for the week. Only drug test and background left.
                      CBPO:
                      Test Date: 3/26/2012
                      NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                      NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                      TSL: 4/27/2012
                      PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
                      Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
                      VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
                      Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
                      Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                        I got good news and I got bad news. I finally met my background investigator. I was waking up in the morning and there she was, asking me all types of questions and whatnot. I went to the bathroom to freshen up and she started to leave. I ran after her but it was too late she was already out the front door.

Lmao that's hilarious and probably a huge tease! At first I was like what??? The investigator woke you up at your house?? Haha. Hopefully you get the call to meet them soon! I just got contacted to schedule my polygraph for 2 weeks from now, so I'm very anxious to get that out of the way. Then I will be in the same boat as you, just waiting on my background investigator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                          I am very suprised at the speed of which I am going through the process;
                          I took the Exam on July 23 2012
                          Got my NOR 8/1/12
                          TSL 1 8/14/2012
                          TSL 2 8/16/2012
                          Submitted my SF86 8/16/12
                          Don't worry you will be slowing down shortly.

Comment

• they finally closed the five month long announcement of march 2012. Now maybe they can catch up and get us rolling.

Comment

• hey guys been lurking here for awhile now. finally decided to post. anyways i am in the hiring process and have a few green checks on my cass. today i took my VBT, but was a little nervous, and i am not sure if i did too well..honestly i thought i may have look stupid. what are your thoughts

Comment

• PFT #1 : Passed
                                Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8642 users online. 476 members and 8166 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X