300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
    I'm currently considering changing my Geo from NY to SWB because I'm a recent graduate and I don't want to be another person doing nothing with a degree. My question is about how soon would they call for the PFT 1 and SI? and when they do call all the testing would be somewhere in the SWB right. They wouldn't give me a direct port for the process to continue on?
    If you change, you will do everything where you are... once they call you and pass the PFT2 you will EOD at the port they gave you in the SWB.
    Now just because you want a quick in don't go jumping on the SWB wagon, you have no idea how different the people, culture, and nature are from where you're at. It is a drastic change, and you will be stuck there for at least 5 years before you can look for ways to go back home and even then that will take additional time...

Best of Luck!
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Iczer5 View Post
      Hey everyone! Just reporting in from FLETC week 5 almost done passed first P.T. test (run is still 15 min) and test 1 and 2. It is not as bad as I thought it would be, just study and you will do fine!
      Do you know what happens if you do not do the run in under 15 minutes? And im talking about the 1st pt test. If you dont pass the first pt test what happens?
      Last edited by cowboys rule; 08-15-2012, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iczer5 View Post
        Hey everyone! Just reporting in from FLETC week 5 almost done passed first P.T. test (run is still 15 min) and test 1 and 2. It is not as bad as I thought it would be, just study and you will do fine!
        Thanks Iczer, definetly keep us updated. It's nice to hear that if you do what your suppose to do then fletc won't be to rough.
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Hi folks, I recently applied for cbp and have an exam later this month at a holiday inn near LAX. On the job posting I saw though, the only city listed in California was San bernardino. Does anyone have any info on whether there are positions available prefferably in Los Angeles or long beach area?

I'm concerned about the process also. I just recently started a new job a month ago and am worried about already requesting days off. How many appointments am I looking at more or less? Written, then??? Oral interview, polygraph, physical? Other appointments?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            If you turn it down, you are done....
            I turned down an EOD at the SWB in Dec 2011, would you say "I am done" even though I reapplied March 2012 using my 2010 score?

Comment

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
              I turned down an EOD at the SWB in Dec 2011, would you say "I am done" even though I reapplied March 2012 using my 2010 score?
              You can reuse the old score, but everything else will be done all over again...
              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                Do you know what happens if you do not do the run in under 15 minutes? And im talking about the 1st pt test. If you dont pass the first pt test what happens?
                You must pass the 3rd/last PFT at FLETC... Would I recommend just passing the last one? NO! Make sure you pass the first 2, you never know what could happen... you could get hurt and not be able to do the run on the last one, and at that point you could try to use your two other passing tests as backup... I saw a few sent home after not passing the last PFT with only a couple of weeks left to graduate.
                CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
                  No you are not done. I did the same thing in November. I reapplied in March also and received my TSL in June. All of my stuff transferred over. I am just waiting on my BI to go green. The only additional thing I had to do was take the Poly which i did on Aug 8. Now I am approaching the 1 yr mark for my physical, but that is a self certification form they send you that you fill out and send back. All your stuff will transfer as long as it is not expired. You will take a poly if you haven't already though. It is mandatory now. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    You must pass the 3rd/last PFT at FLETC... Would I recommend just passing the last one? NO! Make sure you pass the first 2, you never know what could happen... you could get hurt and not be able to do the run on the last one, and at that point you could try to use your two other passing tests as backup... I saw a few sent home after not passing the last PFT with only a couple of weeks left to graduate.
                    oh ok thanks. So what your saying is that if you pass one of the first two or both, your allowed to fail the last one.?

Comment

• I don't remember, but I don't know if the PFT1 expire? what about the Medical? drug? etc...

Thank you guys!
                      Geo:SWB
                      CBPO Exam:12/10
                      TSl: 5/11
                      Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                      Met BI:1/12
                      VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                      Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                      Qual:cleared 3/12
                      Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                      PFT2:
                      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                        I don't remember, but I don't know if the PFT1 expire? what about the Medical? drug? etc...

Thank you guys!
                        Shark, when I spoke to MHC they said the only thing I have to worry about expiring was my medical at the one year mark. They said that when that happens I will only need to fill out a re-certification form. As long as nothing major has happened, then med will go green again shortly after you send the form up.
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                          oh ok thanks. So what your saying is that if you pass one of the first two or both, your allowed to fail the last one.?
                          No that is not what he is saying. You must pass the final fitness test to graduate. If you fail you are kicked out. What he said was if you are injured, ie twisted ankle and are on crutches and obviously cannot run to do the final fitness test they MIGHT take a passing score from your previous tests to count towards the final test. Best advice is to always pass everything!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                            Shark, when I spoke to MHC they said the only thing I have to worry about expiring was my medical at the one year mark. They said that when that happens I will only need to fill out a re-certification form. As long as nothing major has happened, then med will go green again shortly after you send the form up.
                            What about Background Investigation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                              Could you imagine having to retake PFT1 and then the next day take the PFT2?...lol I know that cannot happen because PFT2 is only when offered EOD which means that PFT1 is good to go, but that would suck none the less

Comment

• I sure could use a green check on BI about now...lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12360 users online. 485 members and 11875 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X