300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
    I went for my OVER 8.5 HOUR POLYGRAPH today. That was awful. I felt like a criminal. The guy was a nice guy, but that was pretty excessive. To be honest, it was better than a colonoscopy prep. I think that I was too honest.

He said that I would either fail or have to do it again because there was no consistency to my results. Which was an awesome thing to hear, btw...

He asked me what one of my hobbies was, I should have told him "taking and re-taking, sometimes re-re-taking CBP exams for the past 5 years"

Anyway, good luck to all you guys entering the abyss of the hiring process. Make sure you try not to get dropped 5 years in, k? AC Slater
    Im sure everything will work out for you tuffstuff. Hopefully you won't get called to come back and you can just move forward. Good luck.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Hikari View Post
      Ok thanks a lot! Did you have an associates degree or do you remember how many credits you had? I'm curious because the person checking my qualifications was saying my associates degree does not count towards it because it's not close enough to a bachelors.
      Unless they have changed the quals since I originally applied that shouldn't be an issue. You should be able to use your associates degree and work experience to qualify.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Got three emails today from MHC. Each of them telling me I was missing a pre-employment form. I had just emailed them last month asking if I was missing anything and was told no. I resubmitted my resume, my DD-214, and my grade determination worksheet. Hoping they "receive" it this time since I know I had originally attached all of this before.

I'm hoping the process goes more smoothly now since it's been pretty rough so far... but I'm really not looking forward to the whole polygraph experience. Also, here's to hoping my medical reexamination gets a green check on CASS tomorrow!
        CBPO:
        Test Date: 3/26/2012
        NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
        NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
        TSL: 4/27/2012
        PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
        Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
        VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
        Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
        Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• Guys can you tell me how do i change my GEO from florida to the SW border region. I am having a hard time finding this info. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by Missouri 26 View Post
            Guys can you tell me how do i change my GEO from florida to the SW border region. I am having a hard time finding this info. Thanks in advance
            Just send MHC an email at [email protected] requesting the Geo change from your current location to the SWB Geo location also include your name and social security number, it should take you a few days for the update with a new NOR reflecting the changes, good luck...

Comment

• Originally posted by Missouri 26 View Post
              Guys can you tell me how do i change my GEO from florida to the SW border region. I am having a hard time finding this info. Thanks in advance
              If Florida is where you want to be I'll advice you against changing it... Yes you will wait about 2 years to get picked up, but if you get in to the SWB you will wait more than 5 to transfer over. On the other hand, if you scored in the 70's or 80's then... go ahead!
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while now but have had trouble getting an account with officer.com. Just wanted to post my timeline, thanks for all the good info!

GEO-Florida and Caribbean
                Test- April 2012- 102(5pt. vet pref.)
                Tent. Sel. - June 2012
                Fitness- June 2012- Passed
                Medical- July 2012-Passed
                VBT- July 2012- Passed
                Quals- GS-7
                --My CASS updated this morning with all green except for BI and Drug screening.
                Are there any other Florida applicants out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPat83 View Post
                  Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while now but have had trouble getting an account with officer.com. Just wanted to post my timeline, thanks for all the good info!

Tent. Sel. - June 2012
                  VBT- July 2012- Passed
                  Quals- GS-7
                  --My CASS updated this morning with all green except for BI and Drug screening.
                  Are there any other Florida applicants out there?
                  Welcome JPat83. I think that we are a lot of Floridians dreamers applicants here . That used to be my GEO but I changed it to SWB. good luck in your long or maybe short waiting time..
                  Geo:SWB
                  CBPO Exam:12/10
                  TSl: 5/11
                  Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                  Met BI:1/12
                  VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                  Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                  Qual:cleared 3/12
                  Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

Comment

• You guys must remember that now Florida applicants are now bidding for ALL of Florida, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.... Central Florida has picked up around 20 with me being the 1st of that group. Florida is picking up people and with the included regions the wait time might not be as long as before. A 2 year wait might be a sure bet as they run through previous applicants and come into more recent ones. The key is to be sure of where it is you want to end up... swapping from the SWB to Florida will take close to a miracle to happen. There are ways to make it happen, but these take time...
                    CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                      In order to qualify for gs 7 level, you must have one year of graduate school or have your masters degree.
                      Oh, ok. It's that I remember reading that you can qualify based on a combination of experience and education. I was wondering if I qualified for GS 7 because I'm double qualified for GS 5 (Qualified on experience alone and qualified on education alone). But anyhow, it's all a matter of time. GS 5, here I come.
                      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        You guys must remember that now Florida applicants are now bidding for ALL of Florida, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.... Central Florida has picked up around 20 with me being the 1st of that group. Florida is picking up people and with the included regions the wait time might not be as long as before. A 2 year wait might be a sure bet as they run through previous applicants and come into more recent ones. The key is to be sure of where it is you want to end up... swapping from the SWB to Florida will take close to a miracle to happen. There are ways to make it happen, but these take time...
                        Yoda, you may be right, but with this process looking like "lottery", nobody knows what is gonna happen. As you said, if the applicant have the time to sit and wait is not a problem at all, that's no my case
                        Geo:SWB
                        CBPO Exam:12/10
                        TSl: 5/11
                        Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                        Met BI:1/12
                        VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                        Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                        Qual:cleared 3/12
                        Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                        PFT2:
                        EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                          In order to qualify for gs 7 level, you must have one year of graduate school or have your masters degree.
                          Actually sir, under SAA you can also get gs7 if you have a 3.0 overall gpa in your undergrad or i believe 3.2 in your major
                          BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• When I applied, I expected a long, drawn-out process which is why I'm so surprised that I've done everything in a matter of 4 months. I've heard that they're offering people jobs with the understanding that the background will be done and if any issues come up, then you will be removed. Has anyone else heard of this?

Tent. Sel. - June 2012
                            VBT- July 2012- Passed
                            Quals- GS-7
                            Last edited by JPat83; 08-14-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• P.S. I put in for Florida knowing that if they offered me anything in the Caribbean, I would have to turn it down. I've also heard that Miami has recently opened a new "Checkpoint" and only have 50% staff so they are now a critical need. This of course is just hearsay but anything that gives a little bit of hope is good I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPat83 View Post
                                When I applied, I expected a long, drawn-out process which is why I'm so surprised that I've done everything in a matter of 4 months. I've heard that they're offering people jobs with the understanding that the background will be done and if any issues come up, then you will be removed. Has anyone else heard of this?

Tent. Sel. - June 2012
                                VBT- July 2012- Passed
                                Quals- GS-7
                                This happens with a lot of SWB applicants... They are granted "interim" clearances after passing a Poly. Not so much for other regions of the US. You might end up clearing all steps in 6 months but will have to wait for those ahead of you to be hired in your region. This of course if they are all clear and sitting in TSU at that time.
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7612 users online. 412 members and 7200 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X