300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Valross View Post
    Hmmm...where exactly is that job posting?
    On their careers website, you have to enter your zip code and it'll ask you to apply out of your nearest field office, and from there take you to USA jobs.
    BPA
    Applied (CA): 08/02/11
    TSU: 01/03/13
    The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
    Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
    Written Test: 04/19/12
    NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
    TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
    Pre-Employment forms: Completed
    Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
    PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
    Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
    VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
    Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
    Background Investigation: Completed
    Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
    BI Meeting: 12/20/12
    TSU: 12/27/12
    The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• FER pm me with your number I see your EOD date is a week after mine I EOD to Nogalez in 2 weeks on the 27th

Comment

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
        lol thank you, I've wanted that job ever since I was seven years old and saw the X-Files but in all honestly, I would be extremely greatful to any agency that came calling first (i.e Customs).
        Best of luck to you.
        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
          Actually the bill states that by 2013 it will be mandatory. We have already seen quite a few people on this board get through the whole proces with out taking it. What I was trying to say is you hear so many different things from IA and MHC its hard to know who will and who won't. If its after new years and you are still in the process and you haven't taken it, then it's safe to say you definetly will. Until then it's up in the air.

True, but 2013 for the Gov starts in October. I was just relaying what I was told. I already have a clearance with the Army and I still had to take one. Maybe they just pull names out of a hat lol Who knows.
          Test -02 April 2012
          NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
          TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
          Qualifications - (Pending)
          PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
          VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
          Drug Test - (pending)
          Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
          B.I. - In security office
          Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
          PFT2 -
          EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
            I didn't take it and I EOD sept 10..

If you did not take one then that is good for you. It may depend on when you took the test or maybe you did not get randomly selected to take one. I already have an active clearance and I had to take one. I don't know the method behind the madness. I was just repeating what the Special Agent and her Supervisor told me while I was waiting to take my test. What port did you pick?
            Test -02 April 2012
            TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
            Drug Test - (pending)
            PFT2 -
            EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Does anyone know if your Pre-employment forms need to clear/ go green, before your qualifications?
              Test -02 April 2012
              TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
              Drug Test - (pending)
              PFT2 -
              EOD -

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                True, but 2013 for the Gov starts in October. I was just relaying what I was told. I already have a clearance with the Army and I still had to take one. Maybe they just pull names out of a hat lol Who knows.
                I realize you're just sharing with us what you have heard. That's what this forum is all about, so we have some place to speak to others about this excruciatingly long process lol. Im very appreciative of all the info that is shared here. If it wasn't for this and Delphi I'd be in the dark about a lot of things. You're right the fiscal year for the G starts in Oct, that doesn't mean that in Oct it becomes mandatory. Last year around Dec. they were cramming quite a few ppl to EOD before the end of 12/11 so they could completely burn through the 2011 budget. That was well after the fiscal year had started for them. So it's hard to say what is really going to happen. All you can do is keep fit and ready for when they call with your EOD and PFT2. Now if that is with or with out a poly we will have to wait and see. I am fully confidant that I will become a CBPO either way. I just hope it happens very soon haha.Hey maybe we even end up working together someday haha.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Hey guys, here's a question... My qualifications were cleared as a GS 5. However now I'm wondering if it's possible to be cleared as a GS 7. I have a BS in Criminal Justice with 132 credits. The problem is my GPA is only 2.89. I have 4 years of part-time experience at my current job which is not related to law enforcement but is for a local municipality.

Do you guys think there is any hope of GS 7?
                  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                    Does anyone know if your Pre-employment forms need to clear/ go green, before your qualifications?
                    No they dont, mine clear the same Day my BI clear! As crazy as it sounds i pick Nogales!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                      I realize you're just sharing with us what you have heard. That's what this forum is all about, so we have some place to speak to others about this excruciatingly long process lol. Im very appreciative of all the info that is shared here. If it wasn't for this and Delphi I'd be in the dark about a lot of things. You're right the fiscal year for the G starts in Oct, that doesn't mean that in Oct it becomes mandatory. Last year around Dec. they were cramming quite a few ppl to EOD before the end of 12/11 so they could completely burn through the 2011 budget. That was well after the fiscal year had started for them. So it's hard to say what is really going to happen. All you can do is keep fit and ready for when they call with your EOD and PFT2. Now if that is with or with out a poly we will have to wait and see. I am fully confidant that I will become a CBPO either way. I just hope it happens very soon haha.Hey maybe we even end up working together someday haha.
                      I will see you in Nogales brother! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael1585 View Post
                        FER pm me with your number I see your EOD date is a week after mine I EOD to Nogalez in 2 weeks on the 27th
                        Already send it to you! Are you going to the academy Oct 17

Comment

• I went for my OVER 8.5 HOUR POLYGRAPH today. That was awful. I felt like a criminal. The guy was a nice guy, but that was pretty excessive. To be honest, it was better than a colonoscopy prep. I think that I was too honest.

He said that I would either fail or have to do it again because there was no consistency to my results. Which was an awesome thing to hear, btw...

He asked me what one of my hobbies was, I should have told him "taking and re-taking, sometimes re-re-taking CBP exams for the past 5 years"

Anyway, good luck to all you guys entering the abyss of the hiring process. Make sure you try not to get dropped 5 years in, k? AC Slater
                          Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 08-13-2012, 09:52 PM.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                            I went for my OVER 8.5 HOUR POLYGRAPH today. That was awful. I felt like a criminal. The guy was a nice guy, but that was pretty excessive. To be honest, it was better than a colonoscopy prep. I think that I was too honest.

He said that I would either fail or have to do it again because there was no consistency to my results. Which was an awesome thing to hear, btw...

He asked me what one of my hobbies was, I should have told him "taking and re-taking, sometimes re-re-taking CBP exams for the past 5 years"
                            LOL! Good luck man, hopefully you wont have to re-re-re take this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                              I will see you in Nogales brother! :-)
                              Keep a booth warm for me haha.
                              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                              Score:9X.XX%
                              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                                Hey guys, here's a question... My qualifications were cleared as a GS 5. However now I'm wondering if it's possible to be cleared as a GS 7. I have a BS in Criminal Justice with 132 credits. The problem is my GPA is only 2.89. I have 4 years of part-time experience at my current job which is not related to law enforcement but is for a local municipality.

Do you guys think there is any hope of GS 7?
                                In order to qualify for gs 7 level, you must have one year of graduate school or have your masters degree.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13502 users online. 481 members and 13021 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X