Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
    Major conflict of interest there.......
    Lol I figured. Supposedly Customs brokers get a median of 66 Gs a year. That's why I ask. It's not bad. I just think customs is a very interesting field to be in. I guess I will learn all those intricacies once I get a bit of experience as a CBPO.
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
      again, it will depend prior to going there i heard 7-8weeks, then when i took it they said 3-4 but in reality i got my NORs roughly a week after i took the exam. It really depends.

the math is challenging for me and that is what i focused on the most. memorize some of those formulas they give you because they do come in handy. For me it was tough because I was doing math with a calculator since 7/8th grade straight thru college and now (2years since graduation) although I didnt struggle per say, I def did perform slower coming to a solution, in my opinion on the exam. So practice shortcuts adding, subtracting, multiplying, etc.. anything to give you a few extra mins can help to review tougher questions.
      Thanks a lot for your response. I will be crunching big time on the Math portion this week prior to my exam. Waiting a few weeks for the results won't be too bad. Even though I'll be nail biting the whole time...

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
        I haven't selected a port, only my initial geo preference for the Northeast. Still waiting for my background investigation to clear, which is going to be quite a while.........
        I picked the Northeast region too. Hopefully, your background will clear soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
          That's exactly what I was saying. You get so many different answers from MHC. Only way to know if you will get a poly is when they call you to set an appointment for it.

Its mandatory, its part of the Anti Border Corruption Bill/Act..... It was passed some time ago and when I took the test in April, I had to take a poly. The agent told me that, if your not already in CBP then you have to take a poly, no matter how long you have already been in the process.
          Test -02 April 2012
          NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
          TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
          Qualifications - (Pending)
          PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
          VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
          Drug Test - (pending)
          Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
          B.I. - In security office
          Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
          PFT2 -
          EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• hello everyone:

i just have one question:

did anyone here believe that i could get the call when i take the exam on 3/29/12 for the southwest with 76 on the exam? thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by tobynieves View Post
              hello everyone:

did anyone here believe that i could get the call when i take the exam on 3/29/12 for the southwest with 76 on the exam? thanks.
              Probably yes.
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by tobynieves View Post
                hello everyone:

You'll probably get a call before I do!
                Gek.

Comment

• Quick question:

I've already submitted my e-QIP but Im wondering how I should go about disclosing some information that was omitted.

I forgot one stop on a cruise I took 3 years ago. We were at the Grand Caymens for a day, but I forgot to list it on the e-QIP.

Addittionally, I took a 5ish day trip to Canada right after my highschool graduation to visit a cousin.

Should I resubmit my e-QIP (if so, how do I do that?) or should I just disclosure it to the polygraph guy and background investigator?
                  Geo: SWB
                  Test: 6/23/12
                  NOR: 6/27/12 - 95 -VP:0 Points
                  TSL1: 7/13/12
                  TSL2: 7/17/12
                  E-Qip submitted: 7/19/12
                  Medical & PFT1: 08/08/12
                  VBT & S.I.: 09/17/2012
                  Drug Test:
                  B.I.:
                  Forms & Qual: 10/18/2012
                  Polygraph: 10/30/2012
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by AlbertW View Post
                    Quick question:

I've already submitted my e-QIP but Im wondering how I should go about disclosing some information that was omitted.

I forgot one stop on a cruise I took 3 years ago. We were at the Grand Caymens for a day, but I forgot to list it on the e-QIP.

Addittionally, I took a 5ish day trip to Canada right after my highschool graduation to visit a cousin.

Should I resubmit my e-QIP (if so, how do I do that?) or should I just disclosure it to the polygraph guy and background investigator?
                    I just went through this last week. I submitted my EQIP in April and then found an old SF-86 from 2005 and realized i forgot some information on my EQIP. I emailed the EQIP section of MHC saying i forgot some information from my submitted EQIP and I need to add to it. They forwarded my message to IA. A couple days later i got an email from someone in IA and they said just to send them an email with the missing/updated information. I did and got a reply saying that next up is the poly. Seems like it wasnt a big deal. I think the BIG thing is that i told them about it before they found it out. Disclosure makes all the difference.
                    Last edited by revivemylife; 08-12-2012, 07:44 PM.
                    CBPO 2011
                    TEST: 07/2011
                    NOR: 08/2011: 93
                    TSL 1&2 SWB : 02/12
                    PE FORMS: Completed
                    QUALS:GS-7
                    PFT1: Completed 03/12
                    MEDICAL: Completed 03/12
                    VBT/SI: Completed 05/12
                    DRUG TEST: Completed 07/12
                    NEW TSL SE REGION: 04/13
                    POLY1: 05/13 Not Passed
                    POLY2: 08/13 Not Passed
                    POLY3: 09/14 Maybe This Time?
                    BI: In Security Office

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                      Its mandatory, its part of the Anti Border Corruption Bill/Act..... It was passed some time ago and when I took the test in April, I had to take a poly. The agent told me that, if your not already in CBP then you have to take a poly, no matter how long you have already been in the process.
                      Actually the bill states that by 2013 it will be mandatory. We have already seen quite a few people on this board get through the whole proces with out taking it. What I was trying to say is you hear so many different things from IA and MHC its hard to know who will and who won't. If its after new years and you are still in the process and you haven't taken it, then it's safe to say you definetly will. Until then it's up in the air.
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Hey
                        Does anyone have the number or email address for internal affairs

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                          I didn't take it and I EOD sept 10..

Comment

• Does anyone know what type of security clearance you get once you become a cbpo? Is it a "top secret" or "secret" clearance?

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                              Does anyone know what type of security clearance you get once you become a cbpo? Is it a "top secret" or "secret" clearance?
                              You don't get one unless you need it. You have to be eligible for a top secret clearance, but clearances are given on a by-need basis.
                              Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                                You don't get one unless you need it. You have to be eligible for a top secret clearance, but clearances are given on a by-need basis.
                                Ok so once your hired, you are only eligible for a top secret clearance?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9254 users online. 440 members and 8814 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X