300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
    I guess one of then don't know what they're talking about, lol. By the way, did they tell you that you passed the same day or did you have to wait?
    Ya I agree with mnewsom21, it sounds strange. When I called MHC they made it seem like they don't really know much about the poly. They stated that they are told by IA when you are set up for a poly. They made it seem like they have know idea what goes on with that or your BI. It makes sense bc they are careful to keep MHC away from your BI due to privacy issues. It's just hard to know bc you get different answers when you call MHC. You're right though you hear so many horror stories about it that it makes you nervous.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by BKsfinest10 View Post
      Ok so that might work for you. I have some boys at Nogadeshu and theres nothing out there. Haha. I'm loving South Texas. I just like to be close to some type of city. Live in McAllen and am 20 mins from work. Its just not a choice port I would think if you eventually want to transfer out but if not its cool then.
      I will like to transfer there believe me!

Comment

I guess one of then don't know what they're talking about, lol. By the way, did they tell you that you passed the same day or did you have to wait?
        The polygraph examiner told me afterwards that I passed. They are not the official word, it has to go to CBP hq or wherever to be reviewed, but from what i have seen on here, if the examiner says you passed, then you should be good to go.

Comment

• What is proper attire for the written exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
            What is proper attire for the written exam?
            if you look back a few pages or search you will find that it is up to you. When i took the test people walked in with PJ's and looked like they rolled out of bed. Others wore suits, and other dressed casual. I dressed in some khakis and a polo so I was comfortable. Again some people wore T-shirts and jeans as well, just don't go naked because there would be no where to hold your ID.

best of luck
            CBPO
            App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
            Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
            ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
            APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
            PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
            Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
            Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

yea, I also applied from the original March 2012 announcement and it was MANDITORY according to the big bold letters in the requriements section lol, I got a call from a SA to schedule my poly so it should be interesting.

When i talked to MHC about a few things and the BI process i asked them about it and one lady said one thing and the other said it was not required yet, obviously for me i am doing one. best of luck
              CBPO
              Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
              ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

NJSP
              Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                if you look back a few pages or search you will find that it is up to you. When i took the test people walked in with PJ's and looked like they rolled out of bed. Others wore suits, and other dressed casual. I dressed in some khakis and a polo so I was comfortable. Again some people wore T-shirts and jeans as well, just don't go naked because there would be no where to hold your ID.

best of luck
                Thanks a lot for replying. I will probably go with a polo and cargo shorts. I have been practicing logical reasoning questions for several weeks now so I'm comfortable with that. Its the Math section that I am worried about. I am HORRIBLE at Math.

How soon do you find out your resuts?

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                  yea, I also applied from the original March 2012 announcement and it was MANDITORY according to the big bold letters in the requriements section lol, I got a call from a SA to schedule my poly so it should be interesting.

When i talked to MHC about a few things and the BI process i asked them about it and one lady said one thing and the other said it was not required yet, obviously for me i am doing one. best of luck
                  That's exactly what I was saying. You get so many different answers from MHC. Only way to know if you will get a poly is when they call you to set an appointment for it.
                  List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Does anyone know if you're paid for the month of pre-academy? I know the initial travel expenses are on the applicant. Also, has anyone had trouble using their credits to qualify under combined experience?
                    Written exam: 3/26/12
                    NOR: 4/2/12
                    TSL: 5/25/12
                    PFT1: 6/19/12 Cleared
                    Medical exam: 8/30/12 Cleared
                    VBT/SI: 8/1/12 Cleared
                    Poly: Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by Hikari View Post
                      Does anyone know if you're paid for the month of pre-academy? I know the initial travel expenses are on the applicant. Also, has anyone had trouble using their credits to qualify under combined experience?
                      Yes you get paid for pre-academy and I had no issues using my college credits combined with experience. It did take a long time for my quals to clear though. That is another unpredictable step. It clears for most everybody at different times in the process. Mine cleared after everything thing else with the BI being the only exception.
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Anyone know anything about customs brokers? I was just reading up on it and then I read in the requirements that you cannot be a federal gov. employee and a customs broker at the same time.
                        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                          Anyone know anything about customs brokers? I was just reading up on it and then I read in the requirements that you cannot be a federal gov. employee and a customs broker at the same time.
                          Major conflict of interest there.......

Comment

• 180...what ports did you select?

Comment

Thanks a lot for replying. I will probably go with a polo and cargo shorts. I have been practicing logical reasoning questions for several weeks now so I'm comfortable with that. Its the Math section that I am worried about. I am HORRIBLE at Math.

How soon do you find out your resuts?
                              again, it will depend prior to going there i heard 7-8weeks, then when i took it they said 3-4 but in reality i got my NORs roughly a week after i took the exam. It really depends.

the math is challenging for me and that is what i focused on the most. memorize some of those formulas they give you because they do come in handy. For me it was tough because I was doing math with a calculator since 7/8th grade straight thru college and now (2years since graduation) although I didnt struggle per say, I def did perform slower coming to a solution, in my opinion on the exam. So practice shortcuts adding, subtracting, multiplying, etc.. anything to give you a few extra mins can help to review tougher questions.
                              CBPO

NJSP
                              Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3

Comment

180...what ports did you select?
                                I haven't selected a port, only my initial geo preference for the Northeast. Still waiting for my background investigation to clear, which is going to be quite a while.........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11458 users online. 397 members and 11061 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X