Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fer View Post
    They offered me like 4 stations in Cali, 3 in Texas(Laredo,Roma,presidio) new Mexico (Columbus) arizona(Douglas,Nogales,Ajo) I pick Nogales!
    Awesome. Pray about it. And God bless you man.
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
      Still haven't heard anything from the BI
      Me neither. They weren't lying when they told you to continue living your life as usual.
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

      Comment


      • For anyone who has been waiting a while to have the initial meeting with the BI you might not have that meeting prior to having a polygraph. I submitted my paperwork 4 months ago, and have been waiting to have the BI meeting ever since.
        I spoke with IA a few times in the last 2 weeks and have been told twice by different people that i will not meet my BI until after i complete the polygraph, and that i can expect to wait another 2 months or so to get scheduled for a poly since they are overloaded essentially.
        This seems to be opposite of what most people were experiencing where they met the BI fairly quickly then get the poly if they needed to some point later.
        Just my experience dont know if applies to others but figured i would share it.
        CBPO 2011
        TEST: 07/2011
        NOR: 08/2011: 93
        TSL 1&2 SWB : 02/12
        PE FORMS: Completed
        QUALS:GS-7
        PFT1: Completed 03/12
        MEDICAL: Completed 03/12
        VBT/SI: Completed 05/12
        DRUG TEST: Completed 07/12
        NEW TSL SE REGION: 04/13
        POLY1: 05/13 Not Passed
        POLY2: 08/13 Not Passed
        POLY3: 09/14 Maybe This Time?
        BI: In Security Office

        Comment


        • Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
          Awesome. Pray about it. And God bless you man.
          Thank you! :-)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
            For anyone who has been waiting a while to have the initial meeting with the BI you might not have that meeting prior to having a polygraph. I submitted my paperwork 4 months ago, and have been waiting to have the BI meeting ever since.
            I spoke with IA a few times in the last 2 weeks and have been told twice by different people that i will not meet my BI until after i complete the polygraph, and that i can expect to wait another 2 months or so to get scheduled for a poly since they are overloaded essentially.
            This seems to be opposite of what most people were experiencing where they met the BI fairly quickly then get the poly if they needed to some point later.
            Just my experience dont know if applies to others but figured i would share it.
            Thanks man. I am proof that what you're saying is true. I took the poly in May and now I'm still waiting to meet with my BI.
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

            Comment


            • I finally see a change in CASS so I'm thinking, every 1000 log ins updates CASS Status


              Originally posted by Fer View Post
              They offered me like 4 stations in Cali
              I hope I'll be as fortunate as you.
              MSP 1896

              Comment


              • Just thought I would let everyone know, that might not know already- the BIs have due dates, apparently. My investigator kept repeating "your report is due, your report is due". I'm not sure how long after it's "due" that it takes them to review and approve it, but I thought that was interesting since everything seems to take so long...food for thought, I guess...anyone have their investigator say something similar?
                GEO: Midwest
                Written Exam: 12/10/10
                NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                Polygraph: 5/11/12
                Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                Met with BI: 7/27/12
                Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                PFT2: 9/4/12
                EOD: 9/24/12
                FLETC: 10/31-3/15

                Comment


                • Does anyone on here know about the CBPO reinstatement policy?

                  How many months or years do you have to work until you are eligible for reinstatement, should you resign?

                  Also, if you resign (on good terms) and request to be reinstated, can you request to be reinstated at a different port?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fer View Post
                    They offered me like 4 stations in Cali, 3 in Texas(Laredo,Roma,presidio) new Mexico (Columbus) arizona(Douglas,Nogales,Ajo) I pick Nogales!
                    What stations did they offer you for California? I'm curious.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by hangman View Post
                      Does anyone on here know about the CBPO reinstatement policy?

                      How many months or years do you have to work until you are eligible for reinstatement, should you resign?

                      Also, if you resign (on good terms) and request to be reinstated, can you request to be reinstated at a different port?

                      As a practical matter, there is no meaningful reinstatement policy.

                      While it's possible to resign and return later...very few manage to do it. As far as the mechanisms behind the pathways to reinstatement, that I do not know. I imagine a comprehensive search through the Delphi board would give you something.

                      My guess is that a person would need career status before making such a move. I also believe there is a three year window in which a person need not return to the academy for basic training... but that might be conditional. They redid the academy a few years back...so they might send anyone who's not a current CBPOBT grad back to FLETC.

                      I have heard of people resigning and getting hired on at another port. Like with many other things in this agency, hearing of something and actually seeing it in person can be miles apart.

                      Good luck with it,
                      Mer.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fer View Post
                        They offered me like 4 stations in Cali, 3 in Texas(Laredo,Roma,presidio) new Mexico (Columbus) arizona(Douglas,Nogales,Ajo) I pick Nogales!
                        Hi Fer, when they called and offered you the stations, did you answered in the same phone call or they gave you any period of time to think about it?
                        Geo:SWB
                        CBPO Exam:12/10
                        TSl: 5/11
                        Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                        Met BI:1/12
                        VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                        Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                        Qual:cleared 3/12
                        Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                        PFT2:
                        EOD:

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Shark View Post
                          Hi Fer, when they called and offered you the stations, did you answered in the same phone call or they gave you any period of time to think about it?
                          they give you 24 hrs to decide. you have to call them back within that time frame. I would really suggest you go ahead and do your research and prioritize the places you like to go. We have time afterall. I only say this because I am not sure if they call others after you and they may take a spot immediately that you take 24 hrs to decide on. long story short you do get 24 hrs.

                          Comment


                          • Just got off the phone with DHS. They said as of August 1st every CBPO applicant will take a Polygraph. Hope this helps some of y'all with any confusion if you will take it or not. Best wishes!
                            Geo:SWB
                            CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                            TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                            Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                            VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                            Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                            Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                            Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                            BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                            TSU: 3/28/13
                            EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                            FLETC: 9/13/13

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by lang2 View Post
                              Just thought I would let everyone know, that might not know already- the BIs have due dates, apparently. My investigator kept repeating "your report is due, your report is due". I'm not sure how long after it's "due" that it takes them to review and approve it, but I thought that was interesting since everything seems to take so long...food for thought, I guess...anyone have their investigator say something similar?
                              Once it is assigned to an investigator they have about 2 weeks to turn in their report... that is the only expeditious "due" part of it. After it is turned in it simply sits in a pile waiting to be assigned... sometimes for months! Don't get your hopes up just because the investigator said his report was due.

                              Just a refresher on how bad a BI process can get...
                              My first took 2.5 years with a NOPA and a Poly, with no determination it expired and a 2nd one was done on my 3rd year of waiting. Second one cleared in about 3 months after meeting the investigator, and because I spoke with a Sup at IA explaining to them how long I had been in the process and the possibility of aging out if it were to take as long as the 1st one.

                              Food for thought for all of those starting out in the process...
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                After it is turned in it simply sits in a pile waiting to be assigned... sometimes for months! Don't get your hopes up just because the investigator said his report was due.
                                On July 11, 2011, I was informed that mine was "priority." Yesterday, IA told me that mine was in the pile waiting to be adjudicated. Oh well. I've got stuff to do.
                                Gek.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10847 users online. 384 members and 10463 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X