X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i switched to southwest in December.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midwest24 View Post
      Does anyone know how many more classes they are running for CBPO for 2012? I know the new fiscal year starts around October, would they start more classes the beginning of 2013 then? or just keep on continuing all the way through, considering the job opening is still good for a few more days on USAJobs
      Last I saw, there were three classes scheduled for August. One of those August classes was scheduled to start roughly today. There were two classes scheduled for September.

Having said that, they can and will modify/cancel classes at their convenience.

As far as FY13 classes go, I've seen nothing. They might be planning October classes and they might not. Somewhere around September we should hear of October callouts...if they happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by newguy1234 View Post
        I'm sure it has been answered before, but are CBPOs 6c covered now?

Yes. Since July of 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Last I saw, there were three classes scheduled for August. One of those August classes was scheduled to start roughly today. There were two classes scheduled for September.

As far as FY13 classes go, I've seen nothing. They might be planning October classes and they might not. Somewhere around September we should hear of October callouts...if they happen.
          There's going to be a class starting Oct 17 because that's when I start fletc! Oct 17- march 1

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

Merlin, we actually have already seen an oct class here, Fer EOD's sept 10 and heads to Fletc on oct 17. At least we know classes won't stop in Oct now. He eod's a full month before fletc could this be another rush to get people in before fiscal year 2013 begins?
            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
            Score:9X.XX%
            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Hey yo tambien soy de pr.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                did someone say you failed or are you just wondering?
                Im just wondering

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                  Unfortunately, a failed polygraph means the applicant is permanently unsuitable for employment as a CBPO or BPA.
                  Wow permanently, really? I thought maybe you had to wait like 3 or 5 years. does the failed poly affect other federal jobs like ice, dea, etc?

Comment

• Careful Thought To Our Ways

The motivational speakers of our day want us to set great goals for our life: "Where do you want to be in two, five, or ten years? What type of lifestyle do you want when you retire?" We are encouraged to set goals slightly beyond our reach, and then instructed how to create a plan to accomplish these goals. The implication is that a more focused effort will yield superior results and lead to greater "success."

But before we can ask where we want to be in the next few years, we must first ask a longer term question: "Where will I be in one hundred years?" No other goal is worth pursuing until we have a solid answer to this most basic (but all-important) question. What difference does it make which college we attend, which job we take, or what our home looks like if we have failed to address the issue of where we will spend eternity!?

Proverbs 14:8
                    "The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception."

We must be wise with the days we are given and no longer be deceived by the values of the world's system. There's nothing inherently wrong with goals and plans; but far too often, they lead to a self-determined lifestyle and away from the true Director of ALL plans; "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps" (Proverbs 16:9). Our planning must be as a direct response to God's leading; and once in place, our plans must remain in complete submission to His will; "I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps" (Jeremiah 10:23). When our goal is to be in the center of His will, the specifics of where we will be and what we will be doing are really none of our business. This last sentence is worth reading again!!

Every moment of our life is a precious gift from God. Even though the average life span continues to increase, our time is extremely short. An average life lasts about 45,000,000 minutes (much less in many countries). This may seem like a lot, but by this time tomorrow 1440 minutes will be forever gone; "You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14).

We must not waste our limited time by chasing after things which vanish; "Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity" (Ephesians 5:15-16). We must evaluate ALL our decisions and goals based on the overriding desire to glorify God in all we do, to rejoice in His many blessings, and to long for the time when we can worship before His throne for all eternity. Any other set of values must fade to nothing in comparison.

Every day we are handed a block of time and given the freedom of how it will be spent. This is a wonderful opportunity, but the clock continues to tick! Let's honor our Heavenly Father with our goals and plans, and give careful thought to our ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                      After you get the letter for the pft2, how long it take to get the address of your station.
                      I got mine yesterday, the day after my PFT2.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                        Wow permanently, really? I thought maybe you had to wait like 3 or 5 years. does the failed poly affect other federal jobs like ice, dea, etc?
                        Supposedly yes...at least with Homeland Security for sure. If you havent taken it yet do not sweat it. just be totally honest. Just remember that the E-QIP is past 10 years and they will ask you from birth on. So if you smoked a joint at five years old or were born a crack baby tell them..lol

Also take it from me, DO NOT look up anything about polygraphs or how to beat them or ask anyone what they ask etc..you will just mess yourself up imo. just go in there and be completely honest and whatever you tell them just stand your ground. As long as you were totally honest on your E-QIP and talking to them you will be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                          CBP started using pre-employment polygraphs around 2009...give or take.

Because of that...nobody knows the long term results from failing a CBP poly. I also would guess that there is little history out there as far as how failing the CBP poly affects other career options.

In short, I doubt anybody really has good answers to your questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilch79 View Post
                            I got mine yesterday, the day after my PFT2.
                            I got mine today!!! Question? So the 35 days I be on the station before fletc, I have to pay for hotel all those days?

Comment

• Originally posted by Svelez View Post
                              Hey yo tambien soy de pr.
                              Que te falta de process! Para donde quieres ir?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                                I got mine today!!! Question? So the 35 days I be on the station before fletc, I have to pay for hotel all those days?
                                Yessss Sirrrrrr

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11114 users online. 484 members and 10630 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X