300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sprawl23 View Post
    No I have never met or heard with the investigator, I just received a letter certified mail and I disclosed this information to them when I filled out the BI form for the background investigation. I filled everything out with honesty how it should be. Now just working on writing a response and dealing with this collection agency which is a headache!
    Might be easier just to pay the $700 bucks and get it cleared

Comment

• I also received a NOPA last year for some issues in my background and I EOD on August 13. Just follow the instructions on the delphi forums template and make sure you show that you take responsibility for your actions and how you have learned from your mistakes. Good luck!
      BPA
      Written (87) 11/29/10
      NOR 12/3/10
      TSL1 07/26/11
      Poly 08/15/11
      PT 08/22/11
      Drug Test 09/02/11
      OB 09/13/11
      BI meeting 10/10/11
      TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
      Written (79) 12/07/10
      NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
      NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
      TSL1 06/14/11
      Poly 08/15/11
      Medical and PT 08/22/11
      VBT/SI 08/26/11
      Drug Test 09/02/11
      BI meeting 10/10/11
      TSU 06/21/12
      EOD 08/13/12
      FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

• Got an extension for my medical, so went and had the stress test and another EKG done. The Doctor said everything looked great and sent my information off to the review board on Thursday. Nothing else is changed in my CASS but I'm hoping if my medical gets cleared everything will start moving along again. Wish I would see a green check on my pre-employment forms and qualifications, tired of seeing "one or more forms may have not been received yet".

Also, I was able to get on as a seasonal ranger with BLM. So that will be a nice way of waiting for everything to clear.
        Last edited by afftont; 08-05-2012, 04:11 PM.
        CBPO:
        Test Date: 3/26/2012
        NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
        NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
        TSL: 4/27/2012
        PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
        Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
        VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
        Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
        Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Angie25 View Post
          If you are found unsuitable then does the 3 year disqualification include all federal jobs, even jobs unrelated to law enforcement that fall under DoD as well, or even the mission support jobs for CBP that are non-law enforcement? If so, wouldn't it be very risky to apply in case for some reason you were found unsuitable or were one of the 3/5 who do not pass the polygraph? Then it would prevent you from even getting another federal job or getting fired from one you hold...

The three year ban applies to all competitive service jobs...I believe.

Failing the poly, although not an actual ruling of unsuitability, probably will cause some issues with hiring elsewhere.

For the most part there is an easy way to avoid an 'unsuitability' determination. When 'strongly advised' to withdraw an application, withdraw it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Future_5_Oh View Post
            If I were to be found unsuitable, God forbid, then I'd be much less worried about a FLEO career then I would as a nurse in some government capacity.

I only have a few classes left for the RN program, so my question is, if found unsuitable for USCBP would that hinder me in trying to become an RN through a usajobs.gov job posting, either for a government agency or military organization?

Anyone that may have some information can respond. Please and thank you!
            I imagine that, at least in the short term, an actual finding of unsuitability on the part of CBP/OPM would impact getting hired on for most federal positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprawl23 View Post
              Hi board members, my time line goes like this
              TEST: 07/2011
              NOR: 10/2011: 81
              GEO: Southwest
              TSL1&2: 03/2012
              PE FORMS: Completed
              QUALS:GS-5
              MEDICAL: Completed
              VBT/SI: Completed
              DRUG TEST: Completed
              POLY: Pending Maybe?
              BI: In Security Office
              PFT1: Completed

I have pretty much waiting for the background and I just received a letter from the security office that I'm not suitable for employment because two areas of concern: 1) Drug use 3 times EVER use of Marijuana and 2) a unpaid medical bill of $718. They are giving 15 days to hear my side of the story on this two issues otherwise I will be remove from the tentative selection process. I have been crushed with this, I have never had a drug problem nor I have EVER been a habitual user, I put my admission because Im an honest person and would not lie in the application process. The $718 medical bill issue is something I'm dealing with a collection agency that turn a $7 dollar doctor visit bill that I was unaware and 5 years later is $718 that I'm fighting off. Any how does anyone know what are my chances to refuting these adverse derogatory findings and I can continue with the process?? I just need some thoughts and opinions thank you, because I'm very crushed with this news
              You should be able to get over the medical bill...as long as you show you're actively working with the collection people to resolve it.

The MJ...can't tell you. That depends on things like recency and your age.
              If you smoked weed three times 12 years ago at the age of 15...that's one thing.
              If you smoked weed three times 15 months ago at the age of 26...that's another.

Comment

• Hello everyone. Does anyone know how long you have to wait to reapply if you failed pft1? As you may know, there is currently an open period, and I was wondering if I could apply again right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by strkr09 View Post
                  Hello everyone. Does anyone know how long you have to wait to reapply if you failed pft1? As you may know, there is currently an open period, and I was wondering if I could apply again right away.
                  I believe it is one year. No you could not just reapply again under this announcement.

Comment

Hello everyone. Does anyone know how long you have to wait to reapply if you failed pft1? As you may know, there is currently an open period, and I was wondering if I could apply again right away.
                    How do you know you failed? You will get a letter from mhc stating you are no longer in the process. Also if you get a chance to do anymore steps then do them.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                      How do you know you failed? You will get a letter from mhc stating you are no longer in the process. Also if you get a chance to do anymore steps then do them.
                      I just got a letter stating I had failed the fitness test. It says I could reapply during a future open period, but I was looking at previous post in this thread and read that someone reapplied right away. I did the VBT a couple of days after the pft, but haven't recieved the results yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                        Just called IA at about 6am. I left my name and number which was all they asked for. Lets see if they call me back
                        They never called me back.
                        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

I just got a letter stating I had failed the fitness test. It says I could reapply during a future open period, but I was looking at previous post in this thread and read that someone reapplied right away. I did the VBT a couple of days after the pft, but haven't recieved the results yet.
                          Try it and see...all they can do is say no when your social gets ran.

Comment

• So I finally received a call back after explaining my situation from a long time ago... that's crazy. So maybe I still have a shot.
                            Geographic Availability: SouthWest
                            Application: August 2011
                            Exam: August 2011
                            N.O.R: September 2011
                            TSL1: October 2011
                            E-Qip:November 2011
                            PFT-1: December 21st, 2011
                            B.I.: January 2012-March 2012
                            Structured Interview/VBT: March 2012
                            Drug Test: May 2012
                            Polygraph Test: May 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Sidewayz8 View Post
                              So I finally received a call back after explaining my situation from a long time ago... that's crazy. So maybe I still have a shot.
                              Just keep praying and he will make your path straight ..... Goodluck

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                                They never called me back.

Is crazy that every time I called they always answer, like today I call mhc to get info about TSU and they answer and give me their number.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7654 users online. 414 members and 7240 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X