300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Some issues and some NOPAs just are not going to be beaten. Initially a person can chose to ride the NOPA bus...but eventually the bus driver will pull over and politely ask him to disembark. That's the time to take the hint and withdraw.

Ultimately a failed NOPA will almost assuredly lead to an unsuitably determination. That pretty much guarantees a 3 year bar from federal employment and it's black eye that'll follow somebody pretty much everywhere and throughout a federal career.

On the other hand, a withdrawal is simply that, a withdrawal. No worries, no consequences, just backing out. A lot of issues 'disappear' with a little work and the passage of time. Things a person has done as a 17 year-old that might kill off an applicant at 24 could very well be overcome by the time he turns 30 or 35. Withdrawing allows a person to back off and let time work to his advantage.

About the only time I could see where 'riding the NOPA bus to Unsuitabilityville' might be considered reasonable would be in the case of someone on the edge of aging out. In that case, time is probably the greater enemy.
    If you are found unsuitable then does the 3 year disqualification include all federal jobs, even jobs unrelated to law enforcement that fall under DoD as well, or even the mission support jobs for CBP that are non-law enforcement? If so, wouldn't it be very risky to apply in case for some reason you were found unsuitable or were one of the 3/5 who do not pass the polygraph? Then it would prevent you from even getting another federal job or getting fired from one you hold...

Comment

• Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
      I do think what you say on the message is important in getting a call back. My guess is if you say i just want to know what my status is that you dont get a call back. The message i left them was that i was concerned if everything was recieved and i wanted to make sure that they dont need anything from me since it was 4 months ago i submitted everything etc etc...
      I also think timing is important, they probably arent there at 0700 but 0900 the day is young and motivated and your message is lost behind what happens during they day when they are there?
      I dont know, just my .02 but somehow it worked for me
      I was just reading in usajobs and this is what I found, maybe that's why is taking longer.

". If you have already been tentatively selected for a CBP Officer position and you reapply under this announcement and subsequently are referred and selected for a position under a different geographic region, your new referral and selection will REPLACE any existing CBP Officer selection for which you are currently in process."

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
        I was just reading in usajobs and this is what I found, maybe that's why is taking longer.

". If you have already been tentatively selected for a CBP Officer position and you reapply under this announcement and subsequently are referred and selected for a position under a different geographic region, your new referral and selection will REPLACE any existing CBP Officer selection for which you are currently in process."
        Fer , i have read that quote on the site numerous times and my interpretation of it is that i am already in the process for SWB but i applied to the new announcemnt in SE region, so if i get a new TSL for the SE region then i no longer will be in the process for the SWB at that time, but since i do not have the new TSL i don think it applies. Maybe yoda or merlin or someone wise can explain or elaborate?
        Last edited by revivemylife; 08-04-2012, 05:58 AM.
        CBPO 2011
        TEST: 07/2011
        NOR: 08/2011: 93
        TSL 1&2 SWB : 02/12
        PE FORMS: Completed
        QUALS:GS-7
        PFT1: Completed 03/12
        MEDICAL: Completed 03/12
        VBT/SI: Completed 05/12
        DRUG TEST: Completed 07/12
        NEW TSL SE REGION: 04/13
        POLY1: 05/13 Not Passed
        POLY2: 08/13 Not Passed
        POLY3: 09/14 Maybe This Time?
        BI: In Security Office

Comment

• Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
          Fer i am kind of glad you mentioned that, i have read that quote on the site numerous times and my interpretation of it is that i am already in the process for SWB but i applied to the new announcemnt in SE region, so if i get a TSL for the new SE region that i am no longer in the process for the SWB at that time, but since i do not have the new TSL i don think it applies. Maybe yoda or merlin or someone wise can explain or elaborate?
          Hmmm ok. But if you don't have the TSL, you still in the SWB process.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
            I read on a different forum that there may be a cbpo hiring freeze and it had something to do with the 2013 budget. Is there any truth to that?
            I read on Delphi that with no real deal in place that the house, senate and White House enacted a 6 month continuing resolution(CR) to keep the G operating from 10/1/12 to 3/31/13. They way they were discussing it this could mean a rush to get everybody through to an eod like last year or a freeze. They said it could go either way. Freeze is the last thing I want.
            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
            Score:9X.XX%
            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
              I read on Delphi that with no real deal in place that the house, senate and White House enacted a 6 month continuing resolution(CR) to keep the G operating from 10/1/12 to 3/31/13. They way they were discussing it this could mean a rush to get everybody through to an eod like last year or a freeze. They said it could go either way. Freeze is the last thing I want.
              I dont think anyone wants a hiring freeze lol.

Comment

Has anyone heard of what its like at the academy? Like what exactly do you have to pass in order to graduate? I know there is obviously classroom testing, handgun shooting tests, and another 1.5 mile run but is there anything else?
                I asked the same question months ago and this was the response from a current CBP officer:

"first off: not very military, there is drill and ceremony (marching, formation, etc). there are inspections during drill and ceremony, they don't have any actual consequences. Your ORT instructors may get on you more than your regular supervisors for class. ALLEGEDLY (so don't jump on me), there is to be marching from class to class in the near future according to my supervisor. take that with a grain of salt, it was supposed to have been something that was just negotiated, but no word on how it'll work quite yet. A lot of people here complain about how "strict" everything is, and how it is a military camp, etc etc... the people that say that kind of stuff here, or on officer.com are all frail little man-children. Compared to a lot of other LE academies nationwide, we all have it pretty easy as far as marching, inspections, physical standards, etc goes.

everybody has their own rooms, some rooms are nicer than others. the "crack house" buildings share a bathroom, and are a lot older than other dorms. They are however right next to class, close to chow, the bar, and the gym. the other dorms like the taj, and the newly constructed dorms are all nicer and have their own bathrooms, but they are further away from everything. The new buildings are about a 10 minute walk away from a lot of stuff, whereas the taj is a shuttle ride away from everything, it is clear across the grounds.

if you get the crack houses you may/may not have a cbp room mate. I didn't have one when i got here, then I had a nice gentleman from BOP as a roomie for 3 weeks (just kidding, not nice at all, these guys are clowns sometimes). worry less about where you will be and how the academy will be, and more on staying in shape and getting yourself squared away if you aren't already."
                Geo:SWB
                CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                TSU: 3/28/13
                EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• hiring freeze ...lol ya right....there's a new class down here like every other week it seems...
                  nobody has room mates here to my knowledge either...my section marches everywhere when u are together...it just looks good that we are all squared away, from breakfast to class, class to class, class to lunch, after lunch we head back on our own, then class to bus back to the Taj...it's not bad at all as for being para military its honestly not even close...as the gentleman said above..get in shape because running in the humidity down here will slow u down....be ready to hit the books

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                    hiring freeze ...lol ya right....there's a new class down here like every other week it seems...
                    nobody has room mates here to my knowledge either...my section marches everywhere when u are together...it just looks good that we are all squared away, from breakfast to class, class to class, class to lunch, after lunch we head back on our own, then class to bus back to the Taj...it's not bad at all as for being para military its honestly not even close...as the gentleman said above..get in shape because running in the humidity down here will slow u down....be ready to hit the books
                    Oh man I haven't cleared my BI yet and I'm already excited...

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Some issues and some NOPAs just are not going to be beaten. Initially a person can chose to ride the NOPA bus...but eventually the bus driver will pull over and politely ask him to disembark. That's the time to take the hint and withdraw.

Ultimately a failed NOPA will almost assuredly lead to an unsuitably determination. That pretty much guarantees a 3 year bar from federal employment and it's black eye that'll follow somebody pretty much everywhere and throughout a federal career.

On the other hand, a withdrawal is simply that, a withdrawal. No worries, no consequences, just backing out. A lot of issues 'disappear' with a little work and the passage of time. Things a person has done as a 17 year-old that might kill off an applicant at 24 could very well be overcome by the time he turns 30 or 35. Withdrawing allows a person to back off and let time work to his advantage.

About the only time I could see where 'riding the NOPA bus to Unsuitabilityville' might be considered reasonable would be in the case of someone on the edge of aging out. In that case, time is probably the greater enemy.
                      If I were to be found unsuitable, God forbid, then I'd be much less worried about a FLEO career then I would as a nurse in some government capacity.

I only have a few classes left for the RN program, so my question is, if found unsuitable for USCBP would that hinder me in trying to become an RN through a usajobs.gov job posting, either for a government agency or military organization?

Anyone that may have some information can respond. Please and thank you!

Comment

• Hi board members, my time line goes like this
                        NOR: 10/2011: 81
                        GEO: Southwest
                        TSL1&2: 03/2012
                        QUALS:GS-5
                        MEDICAL: Completed
                        VBT/SI: Completed
                        DRUG TEST: Completed
                        POLY: Pending Maybe?
                        PFT1: Completed

I have pretty much waiting for the background and I just received a letter from the security office that I'm not suitable for employment because two areas of concern: 1) Drug use 3 times EVER use of Marijuana and 2) a unpaid medical bill of $718. They are giving 15 days to hear my side of the story on this two issues otherwise I will be remove from the tentative selection process. I have been crushed with this, I have never had a drug problem nor I have EVER been a habitual user, I put my admission because Im an honest person and would not lie in the application process. The $718 medical bill issue is something I'm dealing with a collection agency that turn a $7 dollar doctor visit bill that I was unaware and 5 years later is $718 that I'm fighting off. Any how does anyone know what are my chances to refuting these adverse derogatory findings and I can continue with the process?? I just need some thoughts and opinions thank you, because I'm very crushed with this news

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprawl23 View Post
                          Hi board members, my time line goes like this

I have pretty much waiting for the background and I just received a letter from the security office that I'm not suitable for employment because two areas of concern: 1) Drug use 3 times EVER use of Marijuana and 2) a unpaid medical bill of $718. They are giving 15 days to hear my side of the story on this two issues otherwise I will be remove from the tentative selection process. I have been crushed with this, I have never had a drug problem nor I have EVER been a habitual user, I put my admission because Im an honest person and would not lie in the application process. The $718 medical bill issue is something I'm dealing with a collection agency that turn a $7 dollar doctor visit bill that I was unaware and 5 years later is $718 that I'm fighting off. Any how does anyone know what are my chances to refuting these adverse derogatory findings and I can continue with the process?? I just need some thoughts and opinions thank you, because I'm very crushed with this news
                          You are not out of the running. First thing you need to do is go to the BPA forum on Delphi and search for the NOPA response template. If you follow the outline of that template you are golden. It is not the end of the road. It is most important when you write your response that you do not make excuses, or not take responsibility. They want to see that you acknowledge your mistakes, and that you are consistently bettering your life. The template will go over all of that. As soon as you read this go and find that template.

Comment

• www.honorfirst.com/NOPA.doc
                            As a matter of fact, here it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprawl23 View Post
                              Hi board members, my time line goes like this

Same thing happened to me. I was found unsuitable but for different reasons. I was also crushed. So I wrote a 4 page paper justifying myself pretty much telling my side of the story. Long story short, I EOD on august 27

Comment

received the email for my pft2. August 10
                                How long it took you the get the call after you complete all the requirements? I clear all last Thursday.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9406 users online. 312 members and 9094 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X