300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
    I'm waiting for EWR as well. Damn the date I was sent to scheduling was two weeks after you. Way to put a damper on my day, hah.
    Well check it out, you are actually in a great spot. While others are worried about "if", you just got to wonder "when". You'll get a call eventually, its just a matter of when a spot opens. Its a tough thing to do but just try and live your life and one day the phone will ring and it'll be your job offer. Just hope it isnt so long that your pre-employment processes dont start expiring!

Comment

• [QUOTE=merlin436;1395146]
      Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post

If you work a shift that has 2 or more possible premium pay differentials you'll only receive the largest possible applicable differential.(Exceptions apply here too)
      So that means if your drafted or decide willingly to work OT on a Sunday... you will lose out on the premium Sun pay because you are receiving the OT rate?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Well check it out, you are actually in a great spot. While others are worried about "if", you just got to wonder "when". You'll get a call eventually, its just a matter of when a spot opens. Its a tough thing to do but just try and live your life and one day the phone will ring and it'll be your job offer. Just hope it isnt so long that your pre-employment processes dont start expiring!
        Yeah I've actually gotten into a rhythm where I successfully ignore it and put it out of my mind for 5-10 days, then I have 2-3 days of sitting at work constantly thinking "will they just f-ing call already" then I slip back into my mellow state.

I figure Newark Seaport + EWR are so large that they have to have a decent amount of turn over, so it can't go on too long. That's what I keep telling myself anyways, heh.

Comment

Yeah I've actually gotten into a rhythm where I successfully ignore it and put it out of my mind for 5-10 days, then I have 2-3 days of sitting at work constantly thinking "will they just f-ing call already" then I slip back into my mellow state.

I figure Newark Seaport + EWR are so large that they have to have a decent amount of turn over, so it can't go on too long. That's what I keep telling myself anyways, heh.
          Yeah you will be there before you know it. Anything worth having is worth waitiing for. At least that's the b.s. thats always written on Hallmark cards! Hopefully they'll get on the horn and call you soon. Good luck!

Comment

The delay with Newark isn't that they do not have available spots, the problem is funding. Once the new fiscal year starts I expect all those EWR TSU will receive the call.

Comment

• Well my quals updated via cass hotline. Just waitin on BI again.

Applied: July 24, 2008
              T.O. : August 5, 2008 (michigan)
              Med, phys, vbt, drug test: August 2008
              Quals: September 4, 2008
              BI: Pending
              Last edited by barnaj; 09-04-2008, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                Well my quals updated via cass hotline. Just waitin on BI again.

Applied: July 24, 2007
                T.O. : August 5, 2007 (michigan)
                Med, phys, vbt, drug test: August 2007
                Quals: September 4, 2007
                BI: Pending
                Is your time line supposed to reflect 2008?

Comment

• Originally posted by mtlvs View Post
                  Hello everyone! I am new to the process from Los Angeles, CA. Anyone else from LA?

Here's my timeline:
                  CBPO
                  TESTED: 07/21/08
                  NOR: Score 82 (no vet points) 07/29/08
                  TO: 08/04/08
                  PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS - Pending, but sent them out 08/13/08
                  MEDICAL - Results Pending, but took it on 09/02/08 (going to get TB read 09/04/08)
                  FITNESS - Results Pending, but took it on 09/02/08
                  VBT - going to attend 09/04/08 at LAX
                  QUALS - pending
                  DRUG TEST - pending
                  BI - pending

Anyone else on the same boat as me?
                  well this gives me hope on my score being ok LAX or Port..

test: 8/16/08
                  NOR: a 81% (no vet points) 8/26/08
                  TO: nothing yet..

Comment

• New in Michigan

I'm new to this process. Just joined the waiting game. Anybody out there from Michigan got any word on what score they have reached. I have not recieved a TO yet.

TESTED: 8/5/08
                    NOR :87 no vet points 8/12/08
                    Last edited by twiy2008; 09-04-2008, 11:48 AM. Reason: fogot to add something

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                      Is your time line supposed to reflect 2008?
                      Oh yeah, it is 2008 isnt it? Thanks, what the heck was i thinking? I write my checks for my bills like that too!!

Comment

• Originally posted by twiy2008 View Post
                        I'm new to this process. Just joined the waiting game. Anybody out there from Michigan got any word on what score they have reached. I have not recieved a TO yet.

TESTED: 8/5/08
                        NOR :87 no vet points 8/12/08
                        I'm pretty sure they haven't pulled TO's since you've received your score. They usually issues TO's within 90 days of the test. I would predict new TO's being pulled in Oct. Just my prediction.

Comment

• I remember reading that FLETC had gone to six day weeks, is that still going on? I sure wouldn't mind that overtime starting out.

Comment

• When the BI pulls up your credit report, what does it appear as on the inquiries in your credit report?

Comment

• Physical?

Hey guys long time lurker first time poster. I tested on Sept 18th in Philly,Geo preference NYC and got my NOR a couple of weeks ago (90 no extra points).I was just wondering if anyone knows what the physical is like all I was able to find was the kneeling lifting step thing they have on the CBP website. That cant be all there is to it is it? I'm a little out of shape as my current job mainly involves sitting at a computer so I'm training using the FBI requirements/point system just in case.

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
                                When the BI pulls up your credit report, what does it appear as on the inquiries in your credit report?
                                Yes it does, it'll show up as CBP (something else too) -possible employment.
                                Also, "Hound" im not sure if FLETC is 6 days still or not. I'll tell ya when i went the first time it was 5 days a week and i really think id blow my brains out if we only had sundays off, overtime or not. Having that weeknd off to get drunk and blow off steam plus go shopping, do laundry, etc. really is nice

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12284 users online. 373 members and 11911 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X