300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
    I'm another 12/2010 tester just waiting on my investigation to clear and a call.
    Drifting, haven't seen you in a bit where you been hiding? Haha
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
      Did you call IA or was it MHC?
      I called IA. It was a DC number not the MHC numbers out of Minnesota.
      CBPO 2011
      TEST: 07/2011
      NOR: 08/2011: 93
      TSL 1&2 SWB : 02/12
      PE FORMS: Completed
      QUALS:GS-7
      PFT1: Completed 03/12
      MEDICAL: Completed 03/12
      VBT/SI: Completed 05/12
      DRUG TEST: Completed 07/12
      NEW TSL SE REGION: 04/13
      POLY1: 05/13 Not Passed
      POLY2: 08/13 Not Passed
      POLY3: 09/14 Maybe This Time?
      BI: In Security Office

Comment

• Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
        I called IA. It was a DC number not the MHC numbers out of Minnesota.
        If you don't mind what number did you call?
        List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• 202-344-2600 have to go through the prompts for cbp officer applicant and eventually it leads you to just a voicemail, leave your information and question, if your lucky they call you back as quickly as they did me. I left my name and id number, when they called back they needed my social to look my record up though.
          CBPO 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
            202-344-2600 have to go through the prompts for cbp officer applicant and eventually it leads you to just a voicemail, leave your information and question, if your lucky they call you back as quickly as they did me. I left my name and id number, when they called back they needed my social to look my record up though.
            Ya that's the number I called yesterday morning around 7am, left a message and still no call back. That bothers me a bit. That's why I was so surprised you got a call back and I'm still waiting.
            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

Ya that's the number I called yesterday morning around 7am, left a message and still no call back. That bothers me a bit. That's why I was so surprised you got a call back and I'm still waiting.
              I'm another 12/2010 tester that has never had a return call from "IA."
              Gek.

Comment

I had this problem before and realized that what you say when you leave the message makes a difference. Before I would call and tell them my information and give a brief explanation of my problem and would never get a call back. The next time I called I just did exactly what the voicemail said and nothing more and got a call back. Hope that helps.
                BPA
                Written (87) 11/29/10
                NOR 12/3/10
                TSL1 07/26/11
                Poly 08/15/11
                PT 08/22/11
                Drug Test 09/02/11
                OB 09/13/11
                BI meeting 10/10/11
                TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
                Written (79) 12/07/10
                NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
                NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
                TSL1 06/14/11
                Poly 08/15/11
                Medical and PT 08/22/11
                VBT/SI 08/26/11
                Drug Test 09/02/11
                BI meeting 10/10/11
                TSU 06/21/12
                EOD 08/13/12
                FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                  I'm another 12/2010 tester that has never had a return call from "IA."
                  Drifting and SoCal, I've called before and have gotten calls back but not this time. It's weird bc they are usually really good at getting back to you. SoCal I left very limited info just name and number that's all. I think I'm going to give me another call. Drifting I am very surprised you have never received a call back that is very strange.
                  List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    It means to reach TSU before turning 37...
                    yoda, what does TSU mean in your response? I thought it was the same as TSL mentioned by merlin and it's the Tentative Selection Letter. But I just noticed that in someone's signature, TSU is further down the timeline. When do you get to the TSU? (I mean after what procedure would come to TSU). Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by helenyoung View Post
                      yoda, what does TSU mean in your response? I thought it was the same as TSL mentioned by merlin and it's the Tentative Selection Letter. But I just noticed that in someone's signature, TSU is further down the timeline. When do you get to the TSU? (I mean after what procedure would come to TSU). Thank you.
                      I'm not Yoda but you reach TSU once you have finished all the steps. TSU stands for the Training and scheduling unit. Once you go all green in CASS it will state transferred to the training and scheduling unit.
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Future_5_Oh View Post
                        Merlin, can you please share with me the benefit of taking the withdrawal as opposed to taking your chances with the NOPA?
                        Some issues and some NOPAs just are not going to be beaten. Initially a person can chose to ride the NOPA bus...but eventually the bus driver will pull over and politely ask him to disembark. That's the time to take the hint and withdraw.

Ultimately a failed NOPA will almost assuredly lead to an unsuitably determination. That pretty much guarantees a 3 year bar from federal employment and it's black eye that'll follow somebody pretty much everywhere and throughout a federal career.

On the other hand, a withdrawal is simply that, a withdrawal. No worries, no consequences, just backing out. A lot of issues 'disappear' with a little work and the passage of time. Things a person has done as a 17 year-old that might kill off an applicant at 24 could very well be overcome by the time he turns 30 or 35. Withdrawing allows a person to back off and let time work to his advantage.

About the only time I could see where 'riding the NOPA bus to Unsuitabilityville' might be considered reasonable would be in the case of someone on the edge of aging out. In that case, time is probably the greater enemy.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                          If you fail the polygraph test for cbpo and your TO is withdrawn due to you failing the polygraph, does that mean that your TO for bp will also be withdrawn?
                          I'd expect that to be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by helenyoung View Post
                            TSU means Training and Scheduling Unit= after you have passed and met all of the requirements including the background and/or polygraph, you are referred to TSU and they are the ones that give you "The Call" and offer you a position/station when one or several are available. Once they give you your EOD date (Entry on Duty), you will need to take the PFT2 (second Physical Fitness Test) no earlier than 30 days prior to your EOD date assigned by TSU.
                            Last edited by -USER-; 08-02-2012, 03:31 PM.
                            BPA
                            Applied (CA): 08/02/11
                            TSU: 01/03/13
                            The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
                            Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
                            Written Test: 04/19/12
                            NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
                            TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
                            Pre-Employment forms: Completed
                            Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
                            PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
                            Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
                            VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
                            Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
                            Background Investigation: Completed
                            Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
                            BI Meeting: 12/20/12
                            TSU: 12/27/12
                            The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

Drifting and SoCal, I've called before and have gotten calls back but not this time. It's weird bc they are usually really good at getting back to you. SoCal I left very limited info just name and number that's all. I think I'm going to give me another call. Drifting I am very surprised you have never received a call back that is very strange.
                              I do think what you say on the message is important in getting a call back. My guess is if you say i just want to know what my status is that you dont get a call back. The message i left them was that i was concerned if everything was recieved and i wanted to make sure that they dont need anything from me since it was 4 months ago i submitted everything etc etc...
                              I also think timing is important, they probably arent there at 0700 but 0900 the day is young and motivated and your message is lost behind what happens during they day when they are there?
                              I dont know, just my .02 but somehow it worked for me
                              CBPO 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Future_5_Oh View Post
                                For what it's worth, I submitted my e-QIP on 7/10/2012, my credit report was pulled on 7/18/2012, and my BI just contacted me today via phone with a couple of questions. This is relevant to your post, because I only had my VBT/SI this afternoon.

Yes your correct, I had my VBT on 16 July and they pulled my Credit Report on 25 May.
                                Test -02 April 2012
                                NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                                TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                                Qualifications - (Pending)
                                PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                                VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                                Drug Test - (pending)
                                Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                                B.I. - In security office
                                Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                                PFT2 -
                                EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10025 users online. 442 members and 9583 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X