300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -USER- View Post
    I am thinking I would do it after passing the VBT/Interview. I was told once you pass the VBT, then and only then will they start on the background investigation, which can take anywhere from 4 months to a year or longer.
    For what it's worth, I submitted my e-QIP on 7/10/2012, my credit report was pulled on 7/18/2012, and my BI just contacted me today via phone with a couple of questions. This is relevant to your post, because I only had my VBT/SI this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
      I know why you haven't met the BI, I think if you only used the 2011 application U prolly be done or loosed by now, but since u have an 2012 application they won't use 2 BI so since you have to take a Poly for the 2012, thats why is taking you longer.. Did I make any sence?
      Is that how you talk too? Believe me, I am far from the grammar police. But your grammar is atrocious. I am gonna be sorry I even said anything.
      Last edited by 68WCBP; 08-01-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Future_5_Oh View Post
        For what it's worth, I submitted my e-QIP on 7/10/2012, my credit report was pulled on 7/18/2012, and my BI just contacted me today via phone with a couple of questions. This is relevant to your post, because I only had my VBT/SI this afternoon.
        How do you know when your credit report is pulled by cbp?
        What name does it show? Is it something like us customs service?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          You'll find out shortly. Expect a NOPA at best. At worst they'll probably offer you a chance to withdrawn your application in lieu of being found unsuitable. Take the withdrawal.
          Merlin, can you please share with me the benefit of taking the withdrawal as opposed to taking your chances with the NOPA?

Comment

• Originally posted by itstime11121314 View Post
            How do you know when your credit report is pulled by cbp?
            What name does it show? Is it something like us customs service?
            I went to www.annualcreditreport.com and used one of my free credit report pulls.

Then go to the section where it list "inquiries" to your report. It will list "US Customs Service" with a Washington D.C. address and a date that it was pulled if they've done it.

Comment

• A NOPA is different than being asked to fully withdraw. A NOPA is a Notice of Proposed Action. In essence, it is a letter from the adjudicator stating that they have found something derogatory in your background. The adjudicator then gives you a short period of time to respond and mitigate the circumstances surrounding the derogatory information. If you have received a NOPA, don't panic. It stinks, but you have a good chance of overcoming it. I did. If they want you to withdraw, that's all she wrote. You are done. It's better to withdraw rather than be found completely unsuitable because it is now on your record, and you can kiss a Fed LEO position good bye. Hope that helps. Also, Ray, the moderator on Honor First (the BPA forum on Delphi) has an awesome template for NOPA response letters. Just go to that forum and use the search, or you can even google NOPA response letter. Good luck.

Comment

I went to www.annualcreditreport.com and used one of my free credit report pulls.

Then go to the section where it list "inquiries" to your report. It will list "US Customs Service" with a Washington D.C. address and a date that it was pulled if they've done it.

I was looking into my credit report and saw that it had been pulled by us customs service last month, but I wasn't sure if that was cbp with that Washington address. I was expecting a Minneapolis address

Cool!
                Thanks man

Comment

• Originally posted by 68WCBP View Post
                  A NOPA is different than being asked to fully withdraw. A NOPA is a Notice of Proposed Action. In essence, it is a letter from the adjudicator stating that they have found something derogatory in your background. The adjudicator then gives you a short period of time to respond and mitigate the circumstances surrounding the derogatory information. If you have received a NOPA, don't panic. It stinks, but you have a good chance of overcoming it. I did. If they want you to withdraw, that's all she wrote. You are done. It's better to withdraw rather than be found completely unsuitable because it is now on your record, and you can kiss a Fed LEO position good bye. Hope that helps. Also, Ray, the moderator on Honor First (the BPA forum on Delphi) has an awesome template for NOPA response letters. Just go to that forum and use the search, or you can even google NOPA response letter. Good luck.
                  So if one were to withdraw, could they apply at a later date or not? I've heard of people refusing to withdraw and then being sent a NOPA after the BI was done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                    I know why you haven't met the BI, I think if you only used the 2011 application U prolly be done or loosed by now, but since u have an 2012 application they won't use 2 BI so since you have to take a Poly for the 2012, thats why is taking you longer.. Did I make any sence?
                    Ok i think i can read between the lines and find what you meant. Since i have a pending 2012 ap they are making me take the poly just in case i end up recieving the new TSL and finishing the process under the SE 12-1 announcement? Would make sense or since they really want people on the SWB give me the BI now, skip the poly, and get me hired 2011 SWB before they even reach my score and lose me to the SE. One way of wishful thinking i guess.
                    CBPO 2011
                    TEST: 07/2011
                    NOR: 08/2011: 93
                    TSL 1&2 SWB : 02/12
                    PE FORMS: Completed
                    QUALS:GS-7
                    PFT1: Completed 03/12
                    MEDICAL: Completed 03/12
                    VBT/SI: Completed 05/12
                    DRUG TEST: Completed 07/12
                    NEW TSL SE REGION: 04/13
                    POLY1: 05/13 Not Passed
                    POLY2: 08/13 Not Passed
                    POLY3: 09/14 Maybe This Time?
                    BI: In Security Office

Comment

• If you fail the polygraph test for cbpo and your TO is withdrawn due to you failing the polygraph, does that mean that your TO for bp will also be withdrawn?

Comment

So if one were to withdraw, could they apply at a later date or not? I've heard of people refusing to withdraw and then being sent a NOPA after the BI was done.
                        I am pretty sure you can. I seem to remember that they would specify how long you have to wait to apply again. I think it's three years, but I would confirm that. I'll be honest, I have not seen anyone be totally denied on BI alone. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but I have been in and out of these forums for years. As far as the poly is concerned, i am like 90% positive if you fail it for CBPO you are not only done for BP but nearly all Fed LEO jobs. It is essentially a scarlet letter. I would move on to city, state, local etc PD.

Comment

• Originally posted by 68WCBP View Post
                          Is that how you talk too? Believe me, I am far from the grammar police. But your grammar is atrocious. I am gonna be sorry I even said anything.
                          Don't worry about my grammar, this is my second language, I been in the states little over 2 years. If you don't have something better to say just don't say it. You want me to write this in Spanish or you don't speak Spanish?
                          Last edited by Fer; 08-01-2012, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Anyone have any information on how hard it is to get up to the Northwest? I received a 95 on the test and already work for the federal government. I'm just trying to get off the Southwest border.

Comment

• Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
                              Yes, i was shocked the lady called back within 10 minutes tops. I called at ~0905 EST so might be i called early enough in the day?
                              Did you call IA or was it MHC?
                              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                              Score:9X.XX%
                              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
                                Ok i think i can read between the lines and find what you meant. Since i have a pending 2012 ap they are making me take the poly just in case i end up recieving the new TSL and finishing the process under the SE 12-1 announcement? Would make sense or since they really want people on the SWB give me the BI now, skip the poly, and get me hired 2011 SWB before they even reach my score and lose me to the SE. One way of wishful thinking i guess.
                                You got it! Hopefully the BI call you soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11399 users online. 398 members and 11001 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X