300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, I just wanted some input from the forum:

I have been thinking about joining the US Army Reserve (2 years) and going to Officer Training School. If I did join, I am thinking I would do it after passing the VBT/Interview. I was told once you pass the VBT, then and only then will they start on the background investigation, which can take anywhere from 4 months to a year or longer. I'm thinking while they do they background, I can do the 9 week basic training and then the officer training school, which will take about 5 months total for both. I am thinking that just in case I am not fortunate enough to join CBP, some sort of military training will go a long way when applying for other LEO positions, plus I would def. benefit from the training and experience.

I am concerned though that while I am in training, what if I need to do something (such as send in forms or meet with the BI) and I will no be able to do so. Also, what if they offer me a station that is not close to an army base and I will be needing to report to one one weekend a month. Should I not join? Should I wait who knows how long before finding out if I will be able to join CBP? What does the forum think? Thanks for the advice.
    BPA
    Applied (CA): 08/02/11
    TSU: 01/03/13
    The Call: 02/01/13

CBPO
    Applied (SWB): 03/14/12
    Written Test: 04/19/12
    NOR: 05/25/12 (88 no pref)
    TSL1&2: 06/12, 06/13/12
    Pre-Employment forms: Completed
    Qualifications: Completed (GS-05)
    PFT1: 07/12/12 Completed
    Medical: 07/31/12 Completed
    VBT/SI: 08/24/12 Completed
    Drug Screening: 12/26/12 Completed
    Background Investigation: Completed
    Polygraph: 12/14/12 (cleared 12/19/12)
    BI Meeting: 12/20/12
    TSU: 12/27/12
    The Call: 02/01/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
      Yup, 12/2010 tester right here and I'm not the only one. What's your geo? If its not SWB it could be awhile before the call.
      Southwest California

I am a former cbp employee, was in fletc for 16 weeks before failing the firearms test and got terminated. That was more than three years ago. Now I am ready to be the top shooter of my class lol but I just don't know what to think right now. I got the nor results on January 2011 and after that I didn't hear anything from cbp until the first week of June 2012. I wasn't expecting to be considered for cbp anymore and was fine with that. I was in the hiring process for local law enforcement and a candidate for officer school for marines but then got the email from cbp paperwork, medical and fitness test were schedule, everything was going quick. I decline all the other career opportunities, thinking I was going to get the call for CBP soon but now I am regretting that

Comment

• Got my NOR today and got a 102 with Vet points.
        I am very happy with that score.

Comment

• Originally posted by itstime11121314 View Post
          Any people that took the initial test on dec 2010 still waiting?

I just got my structured interview eligible results and my fourth check mark on cass, but still need to get schedule for drug test, a review of education amd work experiencing is still pending and the BI case is still in the security office.
          I just got my bachelors degree two weeks ago and I am desesperate already. I decline a detention officer job like a month ago thinking I was going to get the call for cbp but nothing.
          I took the test in December 2010. I met with my BI last week and he said my investigation is complete, he just has to write it up and turn it in. I've completed everything else, including a polygraph, so all I have to do now is wait for the PFT2. The waiting is killing me. I just wish they could give us a rough estimate as to when we might get sent to Georgia!!
          Last edited by lang2; 08-01-2012, 03:05 PM. Reason: Forgot to include quote
          GEO: Midwest
          Written Exam: 12/10/10
          NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
          TO/TSL: 1/9/12
          VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
          PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
          Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
          BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
          Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
          Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
          Polygraph: 5/11/12
          Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
          Met with BI: 7/27/12
          Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
          PFT2: 9/4/12
          EOD: 9/24/12
          FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
            I took the test in December 2010. I met with my BI last week and he said my investigation is complete, he just has to write it up and turn it in. I've completed everything else, including a polygraph, so all I have to do now is wait for the PFT2. The waiting is killing me. I just wish they could give us a rough estimate as to when we might get sent to Georgia!!
            Was that the first time you met with your BI? How long ago did he start contacting your employer and friends?
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
              Was that the first time you met with your BI? How long ago did he start contacting your employer and friends?
              I met with him last Friday and he met with all of them from that day through the weekend. He told my last reference that he was finished with me and just had to write it up.
              GEO: Midwest
              Written Exam: 12/10/10
              NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
              TO/TSL: 1/9/12
              VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
              PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
              Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
              BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
              Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
              Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
              Polygraph: 5/11/12
              Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
              Met with BI: 7/27/12
              Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
              PFT2: 9/4/12
              EOD: 9/24/12
              FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
                I met with him last Friday and he met with all of them from that day through the weekend. He told my last reference that he was finished with me and just had to write it up.
                Lang you may have a little bit more waiting to do. When the investigator finishes his report then he sends it to IA, then you wait till it gets assigned to an adjudicator(which could slow the process) once reviewed by him/her then it gets approved. It maybe be different with you bc of the poly. You may be granted an interim clearance (if they are still doing that) and get the call. Just as a reference my investigator told me he sent my report to IA 8/2011. Again though things could be different for you bc of the poly.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Southwest California

I am a former cbp employee, was in fletc for 16 weeks before failing the firearms test and got terminated. That was more than three years ago. Now I am ready to be the top shooter of my class lol but I just don't know what to think right now. I got the nor results on January 2011 and after that I didn't hear anything from cbp until the first week of June 2012. I wasn't expecting to be considered for cbp anymore and was fine with that. I was in the hiring process for local law enforcement and a candidate for officer school for marines but then got the email from cbp paperwork, medical and fitness test were schedule, everything was going quick. I decline all the other career opportunities, thinking I was going to get the call for CBP soon but now I am regretting that
                  How was the firearms test? Was it hard?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                    You called this morning and they called you back already?
                    Yes, i was shocked the lady called back within 10 minutes tops. I called at ~0905 EST so might be i called early enough in the day?
                    CBPO 2011
                    TEST: 07/2011
                    NOR: 08/2011: 93
                    TSL 1&2 SWB : 02/12
                    PE FORMS: Completed
                    QUALS:GS-7
                    PFT1: Completed 03/12
                    MEDICAL: Completed 03/12
                    VBT/SI: Completed 05/12
                    DRUG TEST: Completed 07/12
                    NEW TSL SE REGION: 04/13
                    POLY1: 05/13 Not Passed
                    POLY2: 08/13 Not Passed
                    POLY3: 09/14 Maybe This Time?
                    BI: In Security Office

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                      How was the firearms test? Was it hard?
                      It's very easy. I just choke, I just wasn't ready to be a federal officer when I went there three years ago.

Comment

It's very easy. I just choke, I just wasn't ready to be a federal officer when I went there three years ago.
                        Oh i see. Your nerves got the best of you. Im glad you said it was easy though. I would hate to go fletc and fail anything and get terminated. im sure you will pass everything this time around now that you know what to expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboys rule View Post
                          Oh i see. Your nerves got the best of you. Im glad you said it was easy though. I would hate to go fletc and fail anything and get terminated. im sure you will pass everything this time around now that you know what to expect.
                          It wasn't my time. Practice I was shooting 250 260, during the test and the retake I was shooting less than 200. Back then you needed at least 210 to pass. It was embarrassing getting kick out for that but all that experience just made me stronger. Can't wait to go back
                          Good luck to you too bro

Comment

• I'm another 12/2010 tester just waiting on my investigation to clear and a call.
                            Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
                              Yes, i was shocked the lady called back within 10 minutes tops. I called at ~0905 EST so might be i called early enough in the day?
                              I know why you haven't met the BI, I think if you only used the 2011 application U prolly be done or loosed by now, but since u have an 2012 application they won't use 2 BI so since you have to take a Poly for the 2012, thats why is taking you longer.. Did I make any sence?

Comment

• Originally posted by JayS11 View Post
                                Hi I recently took the test and have been waiting for my NOR. I have a question on the BI. When I was 15-17yrs old I smoked marijuana maybe once a week I am now 25 and have not done any drugs in over 7 yrs and have a clean background. Will this be something that will not allow me to get this job? Thank you.
                                If you smoked weed 150+ times during your life and as recently as 8 years ago, then I think it's safe to say that you'll be having some issues over it.

Will it kill you? Maybe...probably. The fact that you haven't used as an adult will mitigate things some. Will it be enough to overcome the both the amount and recency of your usage...????

You'll find out shortly. Expect a NOPA at best. At worst they'll probably offer you a chance to withdrawn your application in lieu of being found unsuitable. Take the withdrawal.

Now's the time to work Google or whatever search engine meets your fancy and search out the tales and trials of other applicants who were in similar situations such as yours. There have been several posting in his thread...and Delphi forums would be a great source as well. Most of the LEO boards on Delphi probably have posting of applicants in somewhat of the same bind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11611 users online. 445 members and 11166 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X