300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
    Met my investigator at the end of march this year. I took my test in July 2011, me drug test 2 weeks ago, and was told by them that my BI was clear today. Didn't reflect in Cass just because I was missing a paper that I submit today.. And this is what they wrote me today.

"Thank you; I have received your document.
    Yes, your BI is now cleared. Your file will be referred to the Training and Scheduling Unit and they will contact you when a funded position is available"

So hopefully they call me soon.
    Have you done the poly? I still haven't heard anything from the poly and I still have not received a call from my BI. I wonder if I should just sit tight or contact MHC.
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
      Does anyone on here know if a CBPO position "stops the clock" for other federal LE age 37 requirements?
      That's one of the most pressing questions of the last 4 years since 12D coverage rolled onto the scene. Nobody really knows the answer and nobody is likely to find out...at least not until a bunch of 12D covered CBPOs attempt to jump into other 12D positions using their 'Enhanced CBPO retirement' as a qualifier in the leap. As far as I know, that hasn't happened yet.

My opinion, FWIW, is that it does 'stop the clock' as far as aging out goes. Many people would disagree with me though.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
        Question for you guys: Anyone know what are some of the more subtle things that may slow down a BI?

I've heard that supposedly having many references outside of the country or being born in another country may slow down the BI but are there any other things?
        Just about everything you can name has the potential to gum up a BI.

As a rule of thumb, the more complex, elaborate and expansive a person's situation is, the more opportunities there are to monkey up the BI process.

Comment

Have you done the poly? I still haven't heard anything from the poly and I still have not received a call from my BI. I wonder if I should just sit tight or contact MHC.
          PM Sent

Comment

Only the 2012 and after applyers are requier to take the poly in the process, before that it was random! So I guess they didn't pick me to do it. If I was your call and mail at the same time...

Comment

• So i called IA today to check in on my BI since i have not even had initial contact with the investigator in 4 months. IA tells me that they are waiting for my poly paperwork before starting and that most new applicants should expect to take the poly before meeting the investigator now. Guess a cost savings method to weed out people before starting to run around the country verifying an applicants history? Now to wait for the call to schedule the poly, guess i wasnt one of the lucky 2011 applicants who got to skip it
              CBPO 2011
              TEST: 07/2011
              NOR: 08/2011: 93
              TSL 1&2 SWB : 02/12
              PE FORMS: Completed
              QUALS:GS-7
              PFT1: Completed 03/12
              MEDICAL: Completed 03/12
              VBT/SI: Completed 05/12
              DRUG TEST: Completed 07/12
              NEW TSL SE REGION: 04/13
              POLY1: 05/13 Not Passed
              POLY2: 08/13 Not Passed
              POLY3: 09/14 Maybe This Time?
              BI: In Security Office

Comment

• I just emailed MHC about my poly and if it's possible to know if it was cleared by QC already. She just told me that I'll have to wait and that the BI is averaging 9-14 months.
                "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

I just emailed MHC about my poly and if it's possible to know if it was cleared by QC already. She just told me that I'll have to wait and that the BI is averaging 9-14 months.
                  Well at least I'm in the 13th month now haha. Ya I don't think being in the 13th matters anyway, I think that is just a general time span they put on it. Kind of like when you order something and they say it can take up to 7 to 10 business days to arrive then it comes two days later. Actually i wish it was like that then my BI would be done haha. The BI is just so unpredictable.

Edited: Iamwolf as a matter of fact when I emailed them 4 weeks ago they said the same thing regarding 9 to 14 months. I think that's really all the info they have and can give.
                  Last edited by Rms16; 08-01-2012, 12:12 PM.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
                    So i called IA today to check in on my BI since i have not even had initial contact with the investigator in 4 months. IA tells me that they are waiting for my poly paperwork before starting and that most new applicants should expect to take the poly before meeting the investigator now. Guess a cost savings method to weed out people before starting to run around the country verifying an applicants history? Now to wait for the call to schedule the poly, guess i wasnt one of the lucky 2011 applicants who got to skip it
                    You called this morning and they called you back already?
                    List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Does anyone know the time you must complete the 1.5 mile in once you are at fletc? And how soon do they make run the 1.5 mile? Is it at the beginning of fletc or closer to graduation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                        Well at least I'm in the 13th month now haha. Ya I don't think being in the 13th matters anyway, I think that is just a general time span they put on it. Kind of like when you order something and they say it can take up to 7 to 10 business days to arrive then it comes two days later. Actually i wish it was like that then my BI would be done haha. The BI is just so unpredictable.

Edited: Iamwolf as a matter of fact when I emailed them 4 weeks ago they said the same thing regarding 9 to 14 months. I think that's really all the info they have and can give.

I'm sure she's just doing her job. In fact, the response came almost instantly to my email. It's just that I heard of people getting told if they passed or failed the poly and here I am having to wait for my BI to finish.

Comment

I'm sure she's just doing her job. In fact, the response came almost instantly to my email. It's just that I heard of people getting told if they passed or failed the poly and here I am having to wait for my BI to finish.
                          That is a quick response wow! I'm sure she prob hears from a 50 to 100 people a day like us looking for more information and she doesn't have much to give bc she probably isn't told much. I have complete respect for what they do bc I'm sure we probably get a little annoying calling and asking. I know man the wait can be brutal. Especially for you knowing that others have been told and your not sure. I'm sure you know that no news with the poly is good news. They only let you know when you fail and it's been awhile since you took it right? So more then likely you passed. Just hold tight our time is coming hopefully sooner rather then later.
                          List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Any people that took the initial test on dec 2010 still waiting?

I just got my structured interview eligible results and my fourth check mark on cass, but still need to get schedule for drug test, a review of education amd work experiencing is still pending and the BI case is still in the security office.
                            I just got my bachelors degree two weeks ago and I am desesperate already. I decline a detention officer job like a month ago thinking I was going to get the call for cbp but nothing.

Comment

• Hi I recently took the test and have been waiting for my NOR. I have a question on the BI. When I was 15-17yrs old I smoked marijuana maybe once a week I am now 25 and have not done any drugs in over 7 yrs and have a clean background. Will this be something that will not allow me to get this job? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by itstime11121314 View Post
                                Any people that took the initial test on dec 2010 still waiting?

I just got my structured interview eligible results and my fourth check mark on cass, but still need to get schedule for drug test, a review of education amd work experiencing is still pending and the BI case is still in the security office.
                                I just got my bachelors degree two weeks ago and I am desesperate already. I decline a detention officer job like a month ago thinking I was going to get the call for cbp but nothing.
                                Yup, 12/2010 tester right here and I'm not the only one. What's your geo? If its not SWB it could be awhile before the call.
                                List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8800 users online. 386 members and 8414 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X