300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by helenyoung View Post
    I have question concerning the "Age requirement". In the job description, they put "Candidates must be referred for selection before reaching their 37th birthday in accordance with Public Law 110-161." Does anyone know "referred for selection" means what stage of the hiring process? I'm getting close to my 37th birthday. I wonder if I should still try my best for it or am I just wasting my time. I got a score of 100 for the written test without vet point and my GEO preference is SWB. Female. I just tried to do my best for the written test for the sake of faster processing. But I'm really not sure if I can meet the "referred for selection" deadline before I turn to 37. Can anyone help? Or should I call MHC to find out?
    It means to reach TSU before turning 37...
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by helenyoung View Post
      I have question concerning the "Age requirement". In the job description, they put "Candidates must be referred for selection before reaching their 37th birthday in accordance with Public Law 110-161." Does anyone know "referred for selection" means what stage of the hiring process? I'm getting close to my 37th birthday. I wonder if I should still try my best for it or am I just wasting my time. I got a score of 100 for the written test without vet point and my GEO preference is SWB. Female. I just tried to do my best for the written test for the sake of faster processing. But I'm really not sure if I can meet the "referred for selection" deadline before I turn to 37. Can anyone help? Or should I call MHC to find out?
      What you'll need is a TSL prior to your 37th B-day.

If you're prior military or a previously covered 12D employee, that'll likely extend that deadline as well.

Comment

• Thank you both for answering my question. Are TSU and TSL the same thing? Is it the Tentative Selection Letter? I'm not a prior military or government employee. So just hope to receive the letter soon. I will continue to prepare for the physical test. It's not quite easy for a new mother, but I'll do my best. Thanks again.

Comment

• A bit of advice for Helen and anybody else endangered by the aging out deadline...take a red marker and write "AGE" on the outside of any envelope sent to MHC. Mention it to anybody official you email or talk to on the phone.

It might not help...but it's worth a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by garymc View Post
            I EOD in two weeks and looking for a place to stay in San Diego/ San Ysidro. Thanks in advance for your help.
            You are living the dream
            MSP 1896

Comment

• .........^
              Last edited by Get Some; 07-30-2012, 08:52 PM.
              MSP 1896

Comment

• Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
                Thanks Fer.
                What is your timeline and what region you going for?

I contacted MHC today and they did confirm that they have all my forms, nothing is missing all they said is that it should turn to showing complete in the next week or 2, beyond that all they would say is that my investigation is in IA. Hurry up and wait but as long as i am waiting on them then the process is still rolling so that is good!
                As crazy as it sounds it's the same timeline that u have, same date in e everything lol lol lol that's why I said I will keep u up to date, whenever they call me ;-)

Comment

• Hi,

I just have a question about the duty station. I just got the Tentative Selection Letter for SWB but I didn't specify the duty station when I requested to change the Geo region.

Do I get get a chance to choose the duty station as I begin my Tentative Selection process?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by thechef29 View Post
                    Hi,

I just have a question about the duty station. I just got the Tentative Selection Letter for SWB but I didn't specify the duty station when I requested to change the Geo region.

Do I get get a chance to choose the duty station as I begin my Tentative Selection process?

Thanks in advance.
                    When you finish all the steps and you get the call they will either give you a choice of 1 or multiple ports. It all depends what is available that day. You can only hope that they give you a few choices. I did a lot of research on all the POE's in Arizona (my geo) so I can make an educated decision when the time comes. Hope this helps.
                    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                    Score:9X.XX%
                    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                      As crazy as it sounds it's the same timeline that u have, same date in e everything lol lol lol that's why I said I will keep u up to date, whenever they call me ;-)
                      Apparently the squeeky wheel gets the grease, either that or pure coincidence but i called yesterday about forms and today they are updated to completed. Can't get much faster than that, now if only the BI will contact me.
                      CBPO 2011
                      TEST: 07/2011
                      NOR: 08/2011: 93
                      TSL 1&2 SWB : 02/12
                      PE FORMS: Completed
                      QUALS:GS-7
                      PFT1: Completed 03/12
                      MEDICAL: Completed 03/12
                      VBT/SI: Completed 05/12
                      DRUG TEST: Completed 07/12
                      NEW TSL SE REGION: 04/13
                      POLY1: 05/13 Not Passed
                      POLY2: 08/13 Not Passed
                      POLY3: 09/14 Maybe This Time?
                      BI: In Security Office

Comment

• Question for you guys: Anyone know what are some of the more subtle things that may slow down a BI?

I've heard that supposedly having many references outside of the country or being born in another country may slow down the BI but are there any other things?
                        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Iamwolf, from what I've heard on here from reliable sources like Yoda and I believe Merlin that you are correct family that you listed on equip living outside the US and being born outside the US will slow it down. I'm guessing most likely bc any kind of records they may need would not be received quickly. I also heard ex or current military will. Mine was also slowed bc at the time mine went to IA they were prioritizing those given an interim clearance and my BI was set aside while those were pushed through.
                          Last edited by Rms16; 07-31-2012, 04:12 PM.
                          List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by revivemylife View Post
                            Apparently the squeeky wheel gets the grease, either that or pure coincidence but i called yesterday about forms and today they are updated to completed. Can't get much faster than that, now if only the BI will contact me.
                            So today they call me and send me an email because one of the forms was missing! I ask if that will slow down my BI and they said , no your BI show that is complete all I need to do is send that form for them to send my papers to TSU! Hopefully yours is done too.

Comment

So today they call me and send me an email because one of the forms was missing! I ask if that will slow down my BI and they said , no your BI show that is complete all I need to do is send that form for them to send my papers to TSU! Hopefully yours is done too.
                              Very excited for you Fer! I'm still waiting on my last little check mark...

Comment

Congrats Fer that's awesome! Sounds like you will be heading to fletc soon!
                                List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9099 users online. 283 members and 8816 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X