• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
    The following is grooming standards taken from current policy:

Uniformed Bargaining Unit Employees

Hair Standard:

Male: Hair will be neat, trimmed and properly groomed. Hair will not cover more than the top half of the ear, nor extend beyond the bottom of the shirt collar.
    Hair will not be worn in extreme or faddish styles. Hair will not interfere with the proper wearing of CBP headgear.
    Hair ornaments are prohibited.

Female: Hair shall be neat, natural in color and conservatively styled. Hair shall be arranged so that it does not extend below the shoulder.
    Hair will not interfere with the proper wearing of CBP headgear.
    Conservative hair ornaments are permitted.

Facial Hair: Facial hair will be no longer than 1 inch in length unless a PAS waiver is granted for medical, religious or cultural reasons. Facial hair will be trimmed and well groomed. Facial hair will not be worn in any extreme or unconventional styles. Absent the existence of facial hair, the employee must present a clean shaven face; this requirement shall not be misconstrued to prevent an employee an opportunity to grow facial hair, or groom, shape and maintain facial hair. Ungroomed beard stubble is not considered neat, clean and professional.

Fingernails:

Male: Fingernails shall not extend beyond the fingertips. False
    fingernails and polish are prohibited
    Female: Fingernails shall not extend more than ¼ inch beyond the
    fingertips. Fingernails must be well manicured and clean at
    all times.

Cosmetics: (Female Only) Only cosmetics which are conservative in
    color and amount shall be permitted.

Jewelry:

Rings: Officers shall wear no more than two rings. Rings must not be likely to catch on other objects and shall be no larger than standard university or college rings. Engagement and wedding rings count as one ring.

Necklaces: Necklaces must be concealed (not visible) while wearing the uniform.

Earrings:
    Male: Prohibited.
    Female: May wear plain, stud-type earrings no more than ¼-inch in diameter. Wearing of more than two pairs is prohibited.

Bracelets: Prohibited except for medical alert bracelets.
    Watches: May wear one conservatively styled watch. Watch band will be gold, silver, black, or dark blue in color. Bracelet-style watches are prohibited.

Eyewear: Will be conservative in style and color. Neon, mirrored or
    brightly colored frames are not authorized. Straps may be
    worn if they are black in color.

Body Piercing: May not be visible.

Tattoos/Brands: Must be concealed if obscene, racially motivated, or gang-related.

Body Alterations: Intentional alterations are prohibited
    So if I have a swastika on my forehead I cannot be a CBPO?? :**(
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
      just cover it up with flesh colored tone makeup and all is good. either that or tell them it was supposed to be a cross but you moved your head and it ended up crooked

Comment

I think they may frown on that haha.
        Last edited by Rms16; 07-26-2012, 06:31 PM.
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Just got my NOR today.. I passed!!
          I honestly didn't think I was going to do too well on this test since Math isn't exactly my strong point, but I was happy. Now I just gotta hurry up & wait.

Comment

• So, after reading much doom and gloom about the step test I decided to try it out.

I threw a cinder block on top of two 35 pd plates and had a little over 11 inch step, found an online metronome, and set my timer for 5 minutes.

I was able to knock it out no problem, in fact it was barely challenging cardio wise. The legs got a slight burn, but nothing too bad.

I'm not even in incredible shape, I just have started back doing a variety of exercises after a 2 month hiatus.

I'd suggest doing some P90X Plyometrics, P90X Legs & Back, Insanity, or just work on a varied running routine and you should be fine!
            Geo: SWB
            Test: 6/23/12
            NOR: 6/27/12 - 95 -VP:0 Points
            TSL1: 7/13/12
            TSL2: 7/17/12
            E-Qip submitted: 7/19/12
            Medical & PFT1: 08/08/12
            VBT & S.I.: 09/17/2012
            Drug Test:
            B.I.:
            Forms & Qual: 10/18/2012
            Polygraph: 10/30/2012
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by AlbertW View Post
              So, after reading much doom and gloom about the step test I decided to try it out.

I threw a cinder block on top of two 35 pd plates and had a little over 11 inch step, found an online metronome, and set my timer for 5 minutes.

I was able to knock it out no problem, in fact it was barely challenging cardio wise. The legs got a slight burn, but nothing too bad.

I'm not even in incredible shape, I just have started back doing a variety of exercises after a 2 month hiatus.

I'd suggest doing some P90X Plyometrics, P90X Legs & Back, Insanity, or just work on a varied running routine and you should be fine!
              Well good for you. ensure when you do the real one do not touch your legs, knees etc..in any way or they will flunk you on it. I completed it and am in good shape. started kickin my butt after about 2.5 minutes. maybe because the 5 minutes seems so long when doing it. there was no AC in the room i did it in either.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsakrl View Post
                Anyone else EOD in the Rio Grande Valley Aug 13?

BPA (South Texas)
                Written- 10/5/2011
                NOR 10/19/2011 90%
                TSL1- 10/25/2011
                Medical- Cleared
                DT- Cleared
                BI- In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011.)
                Pft1- 12/2011 Cleared
                OB- 12/2011 Cleared
                TSU- 6/2012
                The Call- 7/2012 Declined
                Wow I can't believe you declined, I guess you take it for granted when you get spoiled with two offers You could of forwarded that offer to me :P j/k

Originally posted by AlbertW View Post
                So, after reading much doom and gloom about the step test I decided to try it out.

A good place to practice this is basement steps (if you have them) the second step should be about 14" up. In my experience I found that if you practice at 140bpm than go down to 120bpm (required by test) is a piece of cake (for me).
                P.S. If one is having difficulties with PFT1 than maybe one should look at a corporate job. My ¢.02
                Last edited by Get Some; 07-26-2012, 07:36 PM.
                MSP 1896

Comment

• "CASS provides up-to-date status reports about your application"
                  Good luck with that one
                  MSP 1896

Comment

• Originally posted by AlbertW View Post

The step test was not some much as challenging, more like surprising. It's not difficult to do it just sneaks up on you. I'm in pretty good shape at the gym 4 to 6 times a week + cardio, half way through the step test I started to realize if you're not in some kind of shape I can see how it could be a little difficult.
                    List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

Funny that you should mention the swastika.

The swastika is actually an ancient and highly revered symbol in many cultures. If you look at a lot of the pictures of explorers and early aviators of the 19th and early 20th century, you'll find many of those photographs have swastikas in them, as it was considered a good-luck charm and a symbol of prosperity.

A lot of Asian/Indian cultural historical works use the swastika as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

The swastika is actually an ancient and highly revered symbol in many cultures. If you look at a lot of the pictures of explorers and early aviators of the 19th and early 20th century, you'll find many of those photographs have swastikas in them, as it was considered a good-luck charm and a symbol of prosperity.

Look at that! You don't find somebody else that knows that every day. Ya the nazi's adopted it bc it was a symbol for good luck. If I remember correctly hitler was a big believer in things like that. Guess you can say they kind of ruind it for everybody else.

Edited: Random information I know, I just always seemed to like history.
                        Last edited by Rms16; 07-26-2012, 11:50 PM.
                        List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

Sounds about right. According to a Harvard-graduate professor of mine, before the third reich started using it, the symbol was famous in India. Now I'm looking it up online and supposedly it was here before 1000 BCE. Not sure if I believe that though. Anyways, we all know what its popular meaning is in western society. Hopefully no one is ignorant enough to tattoo that one on their skin.
                          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                            Look at that! You don't find somebody else that knows that every day. Ya the nazi's adopted it bc it was a symbol for good luck. If I remember correctly hitler was a big believer in things like that. Guess you can say they kind of ruind it for everybody else.
                            You are not alone! lol Apparently, Hitler was very much into the occult which loves to utilize symbols like pentagrams, among many others.

Comment

You are not alone! lol Apparently, Hitler was very much into the occult which loves to utilize symbols like pentagrams, among many others.
                              I guess not haha. Ya hitler I think also experimented with steroids and other things trying to create the ultimate super soldier. He started to get a little more crazy as the war started to turn on him. As if he wasn't crazy enough already haha.
                              List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• So it seems like not a lot of green checks were handed out today. Of course I didn't get my final one, is it Tuesday yet? Haha
                                List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11354 users online. 440 members and 10914 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X