300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Future_5_Oh View Post
    "Entire sleeves"? That looks real professional on a law enforcement officer.

And they'll hire people with "offensive, racially motivated, and/or gang related tattoos"? Wow, that's kind of messed up..
    You mean to tell me you have never seen a police officer get out of his car with tattoos before? I've seen it plenty of times in NY. You can't discriminate against somebody bc they have tattoos. You can however ask them to cover it up. Now a days there are more professionals with tattoos then you think
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
      I too am holding my breath for JFK so when I finally do complete this long process where would they offer me if not JFK my GEO is central/eastern?
      I'm not really sure, when I applied you were able to choose specific ports. Maybe somebody else can jump in and help you out sorry.
      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Hopefully, it's unintentional.

If somebody did a good enough job of concealing them, (cover shirt, tattoo make-up cover-up, etc.) I'm reasonably sure a person could make it past hiring and at least to the academy before anybody noticed an offensive tattoo.

It's not like they intentionally screen for them during the pre-employment process.

Edited:

Plus, how many people have tattoos which may or may not be 'offensive, racially motivated, and/or gang related tattoos', depending on context?

Not every cross, shamrock, spider and cat necessarily means something negative.

Before the start of my poly exam, I had to disclose and explain all of my tattoo's to the agent.
        Test -02 April 2012
        NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
        TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
        Qualifications - (Pending)
        PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
        VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
        Drug Test - (pending)
        Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
        B.I. - In security office
        Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
        PFT2 -
        EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Future_5_Oh View Post
          "Entire sleeves"? That looks real professional on a law enforcement officer.

And they'll hire people with "offensive, racially motivated, and/or gang related tattoos"? Wow, that's kind of messed up..
          Its 2012, it will be hard to find anyone in there early 30's, 20's or teens that dont have tattoo's! Almost, half of the Veterans from the current Iraq/Afghanistan wars have tattoo's and a lot of us are or will be Law Enforcement Officers. The FBI tried having all those crazy rules about tat's and other stuff but when they could not find enough qualified applicants they had to change their standards. Generation X is known for having tat's, we are the future lol
          Test -02 April 2012
          NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
          TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
          Qualifications - (Pending)
          PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
          VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
          Drug Test - (pending)
          Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
          B.I. - In security office
          Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
          PFT2 -
          EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
            Its 2012, it will be hard to find anyone in there early 30's, 20's or teens that dont have tattoo's! Almost, half of the Veterans from the current Iraq/Afghanistan wars have tattoo's and a lot of us are or will be Law Enforcement Officers. The FBI tried having all those crazy rules about tat's and other stuff but when they could not find enough qualified applicants they had to change their standards. Generation X is known for having tat's, we are the future lol
            Exactly, Tat's no longer carry the same stigma as they once did. They're not just for biker gangs anymore haha.
            Of course like Merlin said anything offensive or gang related they won't look to highly on.
            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

DV...domestic violence.

PRI...periodic re-investigation.
              Sorry. Thank you....
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:12/10
              TSl: 5/11
              Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
              Met BI:1/12
              VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
              Drug Test:04/12 Passed
              Qual:cleared 3/12
              Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
              PFT2:
              EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                You mean to tell me you have never seen a police officer get out of his car with tattoos before? I've seen it plenty of times in NY. You can't discriminate against somebody bc they have tattoos. You can however ask them to cover it up. Now a days there are more professionals with tattoos then you think
                You are right, It is normal find LEOs with tattoos, but, some Secret Services Officers conducting interviews to futures FBI for example, don't like to see tattoos on applicants, I am no saying that is not allowed, just they don't like to see it before applicant get hired. I spoke with one of those SSO, and that is what she say all the time.
                PFT2:
                EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                  Sorry. Thank you....
                  Not a prob.

One of my many problems is that I'm lazy when writing so I tend to use a lot of acronyms. I also assume that if I know the meaning of an acronym...so does everyone else.

My bad.

Comment

Not a prob.

One of my many problems is that I'm lazy when writing so I tend to use a lot of acronyms. I also assume that if I know the meaning of an acronym...so does everyone else.

My bad.
                    No problem at all. Is good to learn...
                    PFT2:
                    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post
                      Guys, does anyone know the official tattoo policy for CBPO?

When I searched online I found stuff from years ago but I'm curious what the policy currently is?
                      The following is grooming standards taken from current policy:

Uniformed Bargaining Unit Employees

Hair Standard:

Male: Hair will be neat, trimmed and properly groomed. Hair will not cover more than the top half of the ear, nor extend beyond the bottom of the shirt collar.
                      Hair will not be worn in extreme or faddish styles. Hair will not interfere with the proper wearing of CBP headgear.
                      Hair ornaments are prohibited.

Female: Hair shall be neat, natural in color and conservatively styled. Hair shall be arranged so that it does not extend below the shoulder.
                      Hair will not interfere with the proper wearing of CBP headgear.
                      Conservative hair ornaments are permitted.

Facial Hair: Facial hair will be no longer than 1 inch in length unless a PAS waiver is granted for medical, religious or cultural reasons. Facial hair will be trimmed and well groomed. Facial hair will not be worn in any extreme or unconventional styles. Absent the existence of facial hair, the employee must present a clean shaven face; this requirement shall not be misconstrued to prevent an employee an opportunity to grow facial hair, or groom, shape and maintain facial hair. Ungroomed beard stubble is not considered neat, clean and professional.

Fingernails:

Male: Fingernails shall not extend beyond the fingertips. False
                      fingernails and polish are prohibited
                      Female: Fingernails shall not extend more than ¼ inch beyond the
                      fingertips. Fingernails must be well manicured and clean at
                      all times.

Cosmetics: (Female Only) Only cosmetics which are conservative in
                      color and amount shall be permitted.

Jewelry:

Rings: Officers shall wear no more than two rings. Rings must not be likely to catch on other objects and shall be no larger than standard university or college rings. Engagement and wedding rings count as one ring.

Necklaces: Necklaces must be concealed (not visible) while wearing the uniform.

Earrings:
                      Male: Prohibited.
                      Female: May wear plain, stud-type earrings no more than ¼-inch in diameter. Wearing of more than two pairs is prohibited.

Bracelets: Prohibited except for medical alert bracelets.
                      Watches: May wear one conservatively styled watch. Watch band will be gold, silver, black, or dark blue in color. Bracelet-style watches are prohibited.

Eyewear: Will be conservative in style and color. Neon, mirrored or
                      brightly colored frames are not authorized. Straps may be
                      worn if they are black in color.

Body Piercing: May not be visible.

Tattoos/Brands: Must be concealed if obscene, racially motivated, or gang-related.

Body Alterations: Intentional alterations are prohibited

Comment

• Can anyone please help to explain the terms for schedule? I just took the test and got m NOR (100) today. But don't know anything about the following:
                        TSL 1 & 2
                        PFT1
                        VBT & S.I.
                        B.I.
                        PFT2 -
                        EOD -
                        Is there any where I can look up the upcoming schedules? THanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by helenyoung View Post
                          Can anyone please help to explain the terms for schedule? I just took the test and got m NOR (100) today. But don't know anything about the following:
                          TSL 1 & 2
                          PFT1
                          VBT & S.I.
                          B.I.
                          PFT2 -
                          EOD -
                          Is there any where I can look up the upcoming schedules? THanks!
                          TSL means tentative selection letter: it is an email that starts your pre-employment when they get to your score for selection.

PFT1- 1st physical fitness test(this is the one with the 5 minute step test you take during or about the time you do your medical exam)

VBT: video based testing: like the face to face interview

BI: background investigation

PFT2: 2nd physical fitness test(this one you take after you are offered a job..you fail you dont get the job. taken roughly 30 days before your report date.)

EOD: entrance on duty (report date at the port offered to you)

Comment

• mnewsom21, thanks a lot for your answers. That was super fast and helpful. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCperson9 View Post
                              I too am holding my breath for JFK so when I finally do complete this long process where would they offer me if not JFK my GEO is central/eastern?
                              Well there are numerous ports in the Central eastern region. Off the top off my head there is JFK, Newark Airport/Seaport, Washington/dulles, Philly. While JFK is the largest and will need the most officers you could be offered any port on the region.
                              CBPO
                              TO - 05/08 JFK
                              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Anyone else EOD in the Rio Grande Valley Aug 13?

(Texas All Other SWB Texas)
                                Test 12/16/2010
                                NOR- 1/25/2011 84%
                                TSL1-5/25/2011
                                TSL2-5/26/2011
                                Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
                                Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
                                Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
                                Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
                                VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
                                Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011.)
                                Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared
                                Poly- 5/2012
                                TSU- 6/2012
                                The Call- 7/2012
                                EOD- Aug 13
                                FLETC- 9/2012

BPA (South Texas)
                                Written- 10/5/2011
                                NOR 10/19/2011 90%
                                TSL1- 10/25/2011
                                Medical- Cleared
                                DT- Cleared
                                BI- In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011.)
                                Pft1- 12/2011 Cleared
                                OB- 12/2011 Cleared
                                TSU- 6/2012
                                The Call- 7/2012 Declined

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10578 users online. 347 members and 10231 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X