300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    I'm guessing for most people that would be an issue dealt with at the next 5-year periodic re-investigation of their background.
    Thank you Marlin... During this long long process everything could change...
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:12/10
    TSl: 5/11
    Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
    Met BI:1/12
    VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
    Drug Test:04/12 Passed
    Qual:cleared 3/12
    Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
    PFT2:
    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
      I started with JFK, then when I got the second email asking to switch with the option of several diffrent SWB poe's (got the second email around 5/11) that's when I switched to AZ. I recieved a TO the following month (6/11). Ya I've been waiting for a bit with a SWB geo.
      I did the same thing and we have almost the same dates... Hopefully, as you, they call before my medical expiration date.
      PFT2:
      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
        Ok so how I contact IA to see if I will be schedule for a poly? Or if I have to take one?
        I would call and see if there's anything they need from you JIC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
          Thank you Marlin... During this long long process everything could change...
          I hear ya...

Lots of marriages and relationships fail...it's not exactly something out of the ordinary for the BI people to run across.

As with most things though, the devil is often in the details. A 'simple' breakup probably won't 'red flag' a BI. Complicate things with allegations of DV, personal relationships with people with criminal records, certain associations, citizenship w/ countries of interest, etc. and you might draw enough attention upon yourself to have somebody look into your case prior to the normal PRI though.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            I hear ya...

Lots of marriages and relationships fail...it's not exactly something out of the ordinary for the BI people to run across.

As with most things though, the devil is often in the details. A 'simple' breakup probably won't 'red flag' a BI. Complicate things with allegations of DV, personal relationships with people with criminal records, certain associations, citizenship w/ countries of interest, etc. and you might draw enough attention upon yourself to have somebody look into your case prior to the normal PRI though.
            Thank you again Merlin. Could you please tell me the meaning of DV and PRI?
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Guys, does anyone know the official tattoo policy for CBPO?

When I searched online I found stuff from years ago but I'm curious what the policy currently is?
              Last edited by steve88; 07-25-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• DV...domestic violence.

PRI...periodic re-investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post
                  Guys, does anyone know the official tattoo policy for CBPO?

When I searched online I found stuff from years ago but I'm curious what the policy currently is?
                  My buddy that works in JFK says plenty of CBPO's have tattoos. Not just one here or there either, more like entire sleeves.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

My buddy that works in JFK says plenty of CBPO's have tattoos. Not just one here or there either, more like entire sleeves.
                    Ok thank you. just curious though, did they have them prior to the job, or while on the job?

Comment

Ok thank you. just curious though, did they have them prior to the job, or while on the job?
                      Not sure, he made it seem like it was prior to being hired.
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                        Thanks Rms! I am already a police officer so if lucky enough to be hired I'd be willing to wait as long as necessary to get JFK. Hopefully, the tide for hiring there will change if/when I get to the latter stages of the process like the rest of you guys/gals.
                        Not that im trying to keep bringing you down. Thing is it's very likely that when they call that they don't offer JFK. If I remember correctly if you turn down the poe's they offer you then they drop you from the process and you would have to start over again. I think I heard that on this forum, but I could be wrong. I do hope though that they do offer JFK and all of this will be moot.
                        List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

Not that im trying to keep bringing you down. Thing is it's very likely that when they call that they don't offer JFK. If I remember correctly if you turn down the poe's they offer you then they drop you from the process and you would have to start over again. I think I heard that on this forum, but I could be wrong. I do hope though that they do offer JFK and all of this will be moot.
                          I too am holding my breath for JFK so when I finally do complete this long process where would they offer me if not JFK my GEO is central/eastern?

Comment

Guys, does anyone know the official tattoo policy for CBPO?

I believe current policy is still along the lines of...obscene, offensive, racially motivated, or gang-related tattoos must be concealed, while other tattoos "will be physically covered to the greatest extent possible."

Comment

• "Entire sleeves"? That looks real professional on a law enforcement officer.

And they'll hire people with "offensive, racially motivated, and/or gang related tattoos"? Wow, that's kind of messed up..

Comment

• Originally posted by Future_5_Oh View Post
                                And they'll hire people with "offensive, racially motivated, and/or gang related tattoos"? Wow, that's kind of messed up..
                                Hopefully, it's unintentional.

If somebody did a good enough job of concealing them, (cover shirt, tattoo make-up cover-up, etc.) I'm reasonably sure a person could make it past hiring and at least to the academy before anybody noticed an offensive tattoo.

It's not like they intentionally screen for them during the pre-employment process.

Edited:

Plus, how many people have tattoos which may or may not be 'offensive, racially motivated, and/or gang related tattoos', depending on context?

Not every cross, shamrock, spider and cat necessarily means something negative.
                                Last edited by merlin436; 07-25-2012, 11:19 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9810 users online. 355 members and 9455 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X