300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
    So I get a voicemail from CBP today, I'm listening to the message and it goes Hello this is Rob from customs and Border protection.....and then it cuts out!
    Aw, that sucks. Call your own number and you can log into your voicemail usually.
    Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
      Aw, that sucks. Call your own number and you can log into your voicemail usually.
      Ya that's what I ended up doing, thanks though. Man can I tell you for that 5 min I really got my hopes up. Stupid voicemail haha. It really killed my day! Im probably reading to much into it, but the way the guy from MHC was talking seemed like he was sure that I'd get cleared before my medical expires which would be in Oct. Ya I'm probably reading to much into it haha. Got to have hope though right?
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
        Ya that's what I ended up doing, thanks though. Man can I tell you for that 5 min I really got my hopes up. Stupid voicemail haha. It really killed my day! Im probably reading to much into it, but the way the guy from MHC was talking seemed like he was sure that I'd get cleared before my medical expires which would be in Oct. Ya I'm probably reading to much into it haha. Got to have hope though right?

Quick question,? Has your geo always been the SWB or did you switch? Im wondering because I was looking at your timeline and I see that you started back in 2010.
        Test -02 April 2012
        NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
        TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
        Qualifications - (Pending)
        PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
        VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
        Drug Test - (pending)
        Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
        B.I. - In security office
        Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
        PFT2 -
        EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
          I will. Lol is been 4 months since I met the investigator.
          Yea I met mine and had my references interviewed back in march,april? then a couple of weeks later my investigator called me and said he is submitting his report, so I don't know whats going on now.
          Originally posted by Fer View Post
          Haven't take one, couple of my friends already cbpo officers told me since I apply back in 11 is if they pick me... What u guys think?
          That's what I heard from my cbp buds too, but IA said i will be scheduled for one "shortly" about a month ago.

Comment

• I put in my geo preference for the Northwest. Does anyone have information on how the work is up there and how long it would take to get hired? Also, I tried searching the thread for how long the written test is but couldn't find any information. Does anyone know about how long it takes to finish?

Comment

• Originally posted by newguy1234 View Post
              I put in my geo preference for the Northwest. Does anyone have information on how the work is up there and how long it would take to get hired? Also, I tried searching the thread for how long the written test is but couldn't find any information. Does anyone know about how long it takes to finish?
              Expect at least a year to be hired, probably longer to be hired for the NW. As for the test, it's roughly 5 hours long and it's not the type of deal where you can leave if you finish early. There are multiple sections which are all timed and everyone stays until each section is collectively finished.

Use the study guide, print it out at staples for $10, it's worth it to me.

Comment

• I took my poly today and was told that the results of one of the areas in which I was question came up inconclusive. The polygrapher said he was going to have me come back within the next two weeks and re-take that section of the polygraph. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what happened when you went back the second time? Feel free to respond on the open forum, or PM me. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
                  Yea I met mine and had my references interviewed back in march,april? then a couple of weeks later my investigator called me and said he is submitting his report, so I don't know whats going on now.

That's what I heard from my cbp buds too, but IA said i will be scheduled for one "shortly" about a month ago.
                  Ok so how I contact IA to see if I will be schedule for a poly? Or if I have to take one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                    Ok so how I contact IA to see if I will be schedule for a poly? Or if I have to take one?
                    If you are required to take a poly they will contact you and schedule one!

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                      Expect at least a year to be hired, probably longer to be hired for the NW. As for the test, it's roughly 5 hours long and it's not the type of deal where you can leave if you finish early. There are multiple sections which are all timed and everyone stays until each section is collectively finished.

Use the study guide, print it out at staples for $10, it's worth it to me.
                      Thanks! Do you know if they're hiring strictly for the land border or can a new hire get an airport or a seaport?

Comment

• Originally posted by newguy1234 View Post
                        Thanks! Do you know if they're hiring strictly for the land border or can a new hire get an airport or a seaport?

You just choose your region when you fill out the app, everything else is up to DHS.
                        Test -02 April 2012
                        TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                        Drug Test - (pending)
                        PFT2 -
                        EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• How long does it take for CASS to update any changes? For example after submitting EQip, a couple of Tue or Thru's? Thanks.
                          MSP 1896

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                            Quick question,? Has your geo always been the SWB or did you switch? Im wondering because I was looking at your timeline and I see that you started back in 2010.
                            I started with JFK, then when I got the second email asking to switch with the option of several diffrent SWB poe's (got the second email around 5/11) that's when I switched to AZ. I recieved a TO the following month (6/11). Ya I've been waiting for a bit with a SWB geo.
                            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                            Score:9X.XX%
                            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by azcactus42 View Post
                              I took my poly today and was told that the results of one of the areas in which I was question came up inconclusive. The polygrapher said he was going to have me come back within the next two weeks and re-take that section of the polygraph. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what happened when you went back the second time? Feel free to respond on the open forum, or PM me. Thanks!

The actual polygraph agent only administers the test. Its up to QC to determine if you Pass/Fail or need to retest. Im just going based off what the "extremely hott" poly agent that administered my test told me. Its been like 6 weeks and I havent heard anything so I guess that means I passed....
                              Test -02 April 2012
                              TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                              Drug Test - (pending)
                              PFT2 -
                              EOD -

Comment

• Originally posted by Get Some View Post
                                How long does it take for CASS to update any changes? For example after submitting EQip, a couple of Tue or Thru's? Thanks.
                                it honestly all depends, you can take a look at my timeline, i have when it cleared in CASS from time i had submitted it.
                                CBPO
                                App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                                Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                                ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                                APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                                PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                                Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                                Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13047 users online. 492 members and 12555 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X